You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LunchCutter

Are you actually allowed to swear in this game?

58 comments in this topic

[PT]
Members
769 posts
2,731 battles

I had another chat ban the other week for vulgar language. Been chat banned a few times now so I'm usually cautious about what I say but I do remember getting annoyed at some stupid DD Captain in the dying stages of the game who instead of capping the point and giving us the win decided to attack a AFK player in the enemy spawn area. As he ran off to torp the AFK BB the enemy DD started capping our flag, despite the entire (dead) team telling him to get on the cap as the enemy DD was heading towards ours he paid no attention, we lost because of this but just before it finished I just said (after been very frustrated at this jerk having had a  really good game with 4 kills and lots of awards) something along the lines of 'Nice one you d--khead (edited) you cost us the game'. Ok I swore, hardly a R rated insult but like most of my team I was pretty annoyed at the stupidity of this guy.

Anyway the next time I logged in I had the ominous message 'you've been chat banned for blah blah blah'. 

I thought this game had a swear filter option? Seen a lot worst language in this game especially if someone says something political, religious or racist. I know some people are easily offended and there are a few token children playing this game but PG rated insults are hardly worth a ban. Hate to see some of the thin skinned members play a game of Counter Strike or Fortnite with the X rated language and insults that plague those games. 

• Confused 1
  • Boring 5
  • Meh 4

[WOLF5]
Supertester
3,678 posts
3,904 battles

Yes, within limits. I've let my share of four letter words slip out in chat, never been banned. 

But if you're cussing people out regularly then you will get noticed and you will get banned. I'm guessing you have a history of less than polite comments about your team.

• Cool 1

Members
1,639 posts

No you are not allowed to swear but the rules say only excessive swearing is a violation. I have been banned via ticket for a single F bomb not even directed at a player. Yet WG refuses to add a chat filter? Its extremely confusing.

• Cool 1
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 1

[SEA-7]
Members
127 posts
4,106 battles

I cuss out a CV at least once a week. Usually just lose a karma point or two, but I’ve yet to be chat banned and I’ve def gone on some rants. 

This isn’t a game that’s popular with the youth, so let em have it. We’re almost all adults. Probably?

[CLUMP]
Members
541 posts
986 battles
4 minutes ago, Fifi_Macaffee said:

I cuss out a CV at least once a week. Usually just lose a karma point or two, but I’ve yet to be chat banned and I’ve def gone on some rants. 

This isn’t a game that’s popular with the youth, so let em have it. We’re almost all adults. Probably?

Let guess you where playing in a DD when you where swearing at CV :Smile_popcorn:

[O7]
Members
952 posts
3,815 battles

If you have seen my posts I am extremely harsh toward unreasonable people

But I have never been chat banned

Why? I pretty much never talk in chat, nor do I ever read it.

You all know the general quality of players in random battles, so why bother talking to them?

Ignore them and focus on your own gameplay.

• Thanks 3

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,657 posts
13,997 battles
23 minutes ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

No you are not allowed to swear but the rules say only excessive swearing is a violation. I have been banned via ticket for a single F bomb not even directed at a player. Yet WG refuses to add a chat filter? Its extremely confusing.

I doubt it was for that single F-Bomb. How you say things is really more important than what you say.

• Cool 1

[SEA-7]
Members
127 posts
4,106 battles
13 minutes ago, LastRemnant said:

Let guess you where playing in a DD when you where swearing at CV :Smile_popcorn:

I’d be banned from game if I was a DD player. 

• Confused 1

Members
1,639 posts
18 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I doubt it was for that single F-Bomb. How you say things is really more important than what you say.

You can doubt all if you want but its true. There is zero profanity allowed if you get reported.

[V_V_V]
Members
412 posts
13,425 battles
1 hour ago, Z3r0Fear said:

Go read it.

^ This. It's known as The EULA.  You agreed to it when you signed up for WOWs duty.

[PVE]
Members
11,453 posts
22,307 battles

I don't see the need or point of having to swear in chat in a game? Seems like a lazy way to get a point across. I can swear like a drunken sailor myself but I reserve that for times where I am alone or with close friends/relatives. I don't act like that in public and that includes online.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 2

Members
1,639 posts
1 minute ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I don't see the need or point of having to swear in chat in a game? Seems like a lazy way to get a point across. 

Well that maybe true but some use it casually without any angry intent. What also lazy is not having a chat filter if its such a problem.

[V_V_V]
Members
412 posts
13,425 battles
25 minutes ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

Well that maybe true but some use it casually without any angry intent. What also lazy is not having a chat filter if its such a problem.

Not using it to begin with, eliminates the problem.

[V_V_V]
Members
412 posts
13,425 battles
2 minutes ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

not being easily offended also solves the problem.

Well, quite a few of us have never been chat banned for related violations of the Rules Of The Game.  So maybe you need to reevaluate your stance and gameplay.

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
2,221 posts
4,790 battles
6 minutes ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

This is the internet and this is also the age of outrage. You ask too much.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,721 posts
9 minutes ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

The bottom line is that it is against the EULA you agreed to.  If someone reports you in a ticket and WG reads the chat log (everything you say in chat is logged), WG will may ban you for it.  That's the answer to your question.

[IROCZ]
Members
220 posts
18,548 battles

you should watch southpark with  PC PRINCIPAL its all political !!

Edited by panamaz28

[KAPPA]
Members
3,021 posts
7,790 battles
2 hours ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

Funny thing is that games with such filters often still ban you for doing things like that.

[PVE]
Members
5,202 posts
22,432 battles
3 hours ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

Wait...Wut???

Not sure how you can possibly be confused...we all know a filter would be a moot point because you would just b¥¶^$$ any filters they were to install anyway...

...are you really trying to tell us you don't know that & a filter would somehow make a difference?

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Cool 1