Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MachineCorps

German Carriers

21 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
22 posts
6,952 battles

I was trying to complete as many German Carrier missions to grind German tokens in the hopes of buying one of the ships with them.  However, I see I will need to complete three of them with the Rhein, Weser and A. Parseval.

is the only way to obtain these ships through purchasing the German Premium Containers?

Thanks for the assistance. 

[RLGN]
Members
16,232 posts
28,122 battles

Or drawing them out of the free containers? Though that’s been no joy for me so far.

• Cool 1

[WOLF8]
Members
8,126 posts
6,782 battles
39 minutes ago, MachineCorps said:

I was trying to complete as many German Carrier missions to grind German tokens in the hopes of buying one of the ships with them.  However, I see I will need to complete three of them with the Rhein, Weser and A. Parseval.

is the only way to obtain these ships through purchasing the German Premium Containers?

Thanks for the assistance. 

You can't buy any of the early access German CV's with the tokens. What they're selling in the Armory are the special camos, not the ships.

Your only chance for the early access to those carriers is, as you implied yourself, getting lucky with the German containers. If you tried your hands at the freebie ones and got unlucky, then your only option is the Premium containers... sorry to say.

Or you can wait until the event is over and the tech tree line gets officially unlocked. That way, you can just grind them like normal. Just saying. :Smile_hiding:

[WOLF7]
Members
904 posts

I got a mission in a German CV container earlier today which will net me a Tier 4 German CV + Captain after I earn 8,000 base XP. Anyone else get missions like this?

• Cool 2

[VAST_]
Members
230 posts

I got nothing from buying the special containers. Well I got flags and stuff which was cool, but no ship. A couple days later I got a regular German container which gave a mission rewarding me with Weser (Tier VI CV) and a Captain after getting 12k damage. I accomplished this pretty quickly and got the ship. Have not tried her out yet but yes, it happens from the regular containers that drop for normal play.

Edited by sirwill1972
  • Cool 1

Members
365 posts
4,232 battles

If you do the math for the tokens, it comes out as 150 per mission series, there is 4 directives right, so 4*150 = 600 so you need to complete every mission to get 1 camo... the last mission requires you to complete it with a german CV, it goes in the order of Rhein, Weser, Parseval, and then Graf Zepplin, so you cant get a camo at all unless you get all the CVs plus a premium CV..... Huge scam people missed

• Cool 2

[F4E]
Alpha Tester
1,145 posts
2 hours ago, HamAndCheez said:

I got a mission in a German CV container earlier today which will net me a Tier 4 German CV + Captain after I earn 8,000 base XP. Anyone else get missions like this?

Yeap!  Otherwise, it’s been mainly coal.

[CLUMP]
Members
1,910 posts
2,412 battles
3 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Or drawing them out of the free containers? Though that’s been no joy for me so far.

Five free containers I got nothing but flags :fish_palm: I get the odd feeling the only people getting lucky with those free containers are the people that don't play CVs :Smile_sceptic: Wargamings way of getting people that don't play CV to play them and spend money on them :Smile_hiding:

Edited by LastRemnant
  • Funny 1

[KAPPA]
Members
3,126 posts
9,284 battles
1 hour ago, Raven2303 said:

If you do the math for the tokens, it comes out as 150 per mission series, there is 4 directives right, so 4*150 = 600 so you need to complete every mission to get 1 camo... the last mission requires you to complete it with a german CV, it goes in the order of Rhein, Weser, Parseval, and then Graf Zepplin, so you cant get a camo at all unless you get all the CVs plus a premium CV..... Huge scam people missed

It'd sooner call it a 7.5k doubloon bundle with an alternate way of purchasing. After all, there are bundles to get 600 tokens, too, and it's not like the perma camos are the only reward.

Well, or an idiot tax. Just imagine all the people who don't read up on these things. Maybe they'll actually start reading things once they notice.

[CRF]
Members
1,033 posts
9,234 battles
10 minutes ago, LastRemnant said:

Five free containers I got nothing but flags :fish_palm: I get the odd feeling the only people getting lucky with those free containers are the people that don't play CVs :Smile_sceptic: Wargamings way of getting people that don't play CV to play them and spend money on them :Smile_hiding:

hmm - possibly.  i got the T4 mission,, and I have very few carrier missions under my belt...

[CLUMP]
Members
1,910 posts
2,412 battles
6 minutes ago, sonoasailor said:

hmm - possibly.  i got the T4 mission,, and I have very few carrier missions under my belt...

I notice this while playing CVs I never once have gotten a rental CV or coupon for a premium CV :Smile_amazed: But I play BB once in while bam rental BB and coupon :Smile_popcorn:it doesn't happen all the time but yeah played german DDs so I can get the Rhein bam rental DD and coupon  :Smile_smile: But I play CVs a lot I get nothing :Smile_hiding: I used to be into BBs at the beginning when I started playing wows but then DDs took the fun out of it :Smile_sceptic:

Edited by LastRemnant

[NSC]
Members
2,350 posts
3 hours ago, Blorgh2017 said:

You can't buy any of the early access German CV's with the tokens. What they're selling in the Armory are the special camos, not the ships.

Your only chance for the early access to those carriers is, as you implied yourself, getting lucky with the German containers. If you tried your hands at the freebie ones and got unlucky, then your only option is the Premium containers... sorry to say.

Or you can wait until the event is over and the tech tree line gets officially unlocked. That way, you can just grind them like normal. Just saying. :Smile_hiding:

This isn't obvious in your post (apologies if it is; I missed it when reading the first time), so just to make things absolutely clear for @MachineCorps:

The only way to unlock German CVs before they drop in the tech-tree next update is from either premium German Carriers containers or regular German Carriers containers. You can buy containers with a chance of dropping missions for German CVs:

image.thumb.png.0273e304a5210e124f83395df4738a02.png

I am guessing you can earn a total of 50 regular German Containers. I am unsure if next weekend you can earn 9 German Containers too, but this weekend it's 9 and 50 is a nice, round number.

22 from Directives.

3 from Daily Shipments.

18 from Combat Missions this weekend and next weekend.

5 from stream codes (2 have passed).

2 from finishing Summer Season 1 in PT 0.9.6 (passed).

Good luck with your RNG drops!

[1IF]
Banned
436 posts
1,918 battles
3 hours ago, Blorgh2017 said:

wait until the event is over and the tech tree line gets officially unlocked. That way, you can just grind them like normal.

or

2 hours ago, Raven2303 said:

so you cant get a camo at all unless you get all the CVs plus a premium CV..... Huge scam 

:Smile_veryhappy:

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts

Well as I have posted elsewhere, I have the Iron Cross camo on my free T4 Carrier. 

I have knocked out a number of additional "canister" missions with zero additional "bonus" drops for any other German carrier. It's almost obnoxious. 

The higher you go in the "9" this weekend ("yes" I seem to be favoring quotes tonight), the more challenging the missions become, as in the base xp targets get higher and higher.

Beta Testers
22 posts
6,952 battles

Thank you guys for all the replies.............and also the math on getting enough tokens to buy the ships.........I can see it is pointless for me, so I will just play random ships as usual and not wear myself out on the German line. 

[WOLFG]
Members
33,672 posts
10,473 battles
16 hours ago, HamAndCheez said:

Yeah, I got one yesterday and am halfway through.

[WOLFG]
Members
33,672 posts
10,473 battles
13 hours ago, LastRemnant said:

Took me about 10 containers to get the T4 mission. I've probably got a couple hundred or so CV games. I play them regularly, just sparingly. (6 out of 76 ships)

Beta Testers
22 posts
6,952 battles

OK I could not possibly make this up if I tried, it is just too crazy.  Right after I thanked everyone for replying to my question, I got a container for mission completions, and, of course, it had the mission to grind 8000XP to obtaing the Rhein. 

Now I am really wondering if my RNG was that good because I NEVER get anything like that from random containers, and I have played this game since beta, off and on, OR did some nice person from WG see my post and tweak my RNG on my account to drop the mission?

If you did, then thanks!!!!

[104]
Members
80 posts
3,432 battles
On 7/17/2020 at 8:26 PM, LastRemnant said:

I notice this while playing CVs I never once have gotten a rental CV or coupon for a premium CV :Smile_amazed: But I play BB once in while bam rental BB and coupon :Smile_popcorn:it doesn't happen all the time but yeah played german DDs so I can get the Rhein bam rental DD and coupon  :Smile_smile: But I play CVs a lot I get nothing :Smile_hiding: I used to be into BBs at the beginning when I started playing wows but then DDs took the fun out of it :Smile_sceptic:

Funny that you mention this, tho I am not sure how they could rig it so.  The only CV I have is the Langley, and have played 1 co-op mission in her, out of 1700+ games.  I got the T4 mission when I completed the first directive, and just got the T6 mission with the last daily log-in container.  Go figure...

And just completed the 2nd directive, and got the t8 mission - go figure...

Edited by SeaWyvern64

[WOLF8]
Members
8,126 posts
6,782 battles
2 hours ago, MachineCorps said:

OK I could not possibly make this up if I tried, it is just too crazy.  Right after I thanked everyone for replying to my question, I got a container for mission completions, and, of course, it had the mission to grind 8000XP to obtaing the Rhein. 

Now I am really wondering if my RNG was that good because I NEVER get anything like that from random containers, and I have played this game since beta, off and on, OR did some nice person from WG see my post and tweak my RNG on my account to drop the mission?

If you did, then thanks!!!!

Congrats.

However, no, it's just RNG. Yes, you were lucky, but it's still just all RNG... lol. :Smile_teethhappy:

[CLUMP]
Members
1,910 posts
2,412 battles
9 hours ago, Skpstr said:

Took me about 10 containers to get the T4 mission. I've probably got a couple hundred or so CV games. I play them regularly, just sparingly. (6 out of 76 ships)

Yeah just got six container and guess what more flags :Smile_sceptic:

Sign in to follow this