Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
kyesac

Pommern Release date?

26 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

308
[WOLF9]
Members
1,327 posts
24,788 battles

I know the ship is a WIP, and there is an NDA on WIP ships.

My question is - Is there any feeling / announcement about how soon it will be released?  Are we talking a month or two, or 4or 5?

The reason I ask is that I currently have about 240k coal stockpiled.  There is really only one coal ship mildly interesting that I would want (Georgia).  I pretty much either have the others I wanted or no interest at all in them.  If the Pommern is coming out soonish, I would like to get that.  If not, it's the Georgia.

I say mildly interested because I am not a fan of ships with such few rifles.  I do like secondary builds, and the speed is a winner for me.

Thoughts?

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,898
[PVE]
Members
13,981 posts
29,530 battles
2 minutes ago, kyesac said:

I say mildly interested because I am not a fan of ships with such few rifles.  I do like secondary builds, and the speed is a winner for me.

Ummm...??? It has 12 (4X3) 380MM guns. How many you want on it? :Smile_hiding:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
308
[WOLF9]
Members
1,327 posts
24,788 battles
Just now, AdmiralThunder said:

Ummm...??? It has 12 (4X3) 380MM guns. How many you want on it? :Smile_hiding:

I was talking about the Georgia there @AdmiralThunder.  Sorry if that wasn't clear.  But now that you mentioned it.....  15?  18?   :)

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
967
[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,645 posts
19,024 battles

 

5 minutes ago, kyesac said:

But now that you mentioned it.....  15?  18?   :)

Lyon | World of Warships Blitz Wiki | Fandom

Well, the Lyon has 16 shotguns so......

But I'm in a similar quandary as I'm approaching 400k coal and want Gunther Lutjens (sp) but don't want to spend that much on him if we have new ships being released soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,754
[WOLF8]
Members
8,126 posts
6,782 battles
8 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Ummm...??? It has 12 (4X3) 380MM guns. How many you want on it? :Smile_hiding:

You know it, Admiral, nothing says "true big salvo" like one of the Tillman BB design with twenty four guns, lololol. :Smile_trollface:

12 guns are child's play, in comparison... lel. :Smile_trollface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
308
[WOLF9]
Members
1,327 posts
24,788 battles
1 minute ago, Jolly_Rodgered said:

 

Lyon | World of Warships Blitz Wiki | Fandom

Well, the Lyon has 16 shotguns so......

But I'm in a similar quandary as I'm approaching 400k coal and want Gunther Lutjens (sp) but don't want to spend that much on him if we have new ships being released soon. 

I play coop mostly, and I got Gunther and put him on a pure secondary GK.  Just point that ship in the direction of the most bots and let it go.   I racked up 692 secondaries in a BB heavy coop match - 93k damage.  It was hilarious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,356
[RBMK]
Members
2,266 posts
36,392 battles
31 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Ummm...??? It has 12 (4X3) 380MM guns. How many you want on it? :Smile_hiding:

As many as remotely plausible. A couple dozen would be my choice. The "Kitakami" of battleships.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35,790
[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,808 posts
21,738 battles
32 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

You know it, Admiral, nothing says "true big salvo" like one of the Tillman BB design with twenty four guns, lololol. :Smile_trollface:

x9dUvCu.jpg

 

kpxy9ue.jpg

  • Cool 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,754
[WOLF8]
Members
8,126 posts
6,782 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

 

kpxy9ue.jpg

Now, that, is a beautiful ship... lol. :Smile_trollface::cap_haloween:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35,790
[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,808 posts
21,738 battles
7 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Until it blows its own aircraft off the deck firing its main battery broadside.

That can be solved by operating the flight deck on the side the guns aren't aimed over.

What's more worrysome is the effect of the muzzle blast from a 460mm rifle on the flight deck itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,758
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
2 minutes ago, Lert said:

That can be solved by operating the flight deck on the side the guns aren't aimed over.

What's more worrysome is the effect of the muzzle blast from a 460mm rifle on the flight deck itself.

No need to nitpick, it can be a horrible idea for a multitude of reasons.  :Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
753
[USN]
Members
1,643 posts
21,155 battles
1 hour ago, kyesac said:

I know the ship is a WIP, and there is an NDA on WIP ships.

My question is - Is there any feeling / announcement about how soon it will be released?  Are we talking a month or two, or 4or 5?

The reason I ask is that I currently have about 240k coal stockpiled.  There is really only one coal ship mildly interesting that I would want (Georgia).  I pretty much either have the others I wanted or no interest at all in them.  If the Pommern is coming out soonish, I would like to get that.  If not, it's the Georgia.

I say mildly interested because I am not a fan of ships with such few rifles.  I do like secondary builds, and the speed is a winner for me.

Thoughts?

Well coming next patch there are two things

1: T9 3v3 Ranked Sprint
2: Pommern is getting an Iron Cross camo like the T10 German ships and CVs (including still in testing CV Erich Loewenhardt) so both put money on her coming next patch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,031
Members
2,012 posts
28,755 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

kpxy9ue.jpg

Please delete this pic and all postings about it.

You know how WG has no compunction about presenting imaginary boats, and this will only serve that bad penchant.

  • Funny 2
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
66
[PVE]
Members
382 posts
3,273 battles
44 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

Please delete this pic and all postings about it.

You know how WG has no compunction about presenting imaginary boats, and this will only serve that bad penchant.

Well said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,633
[PVE]
Members
8,505 posts
24,658 battles
2 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Until it blows its own aircraft off the deck firing its main battery broadside.

 

 

2 hours ago, Lert said:

That can be solved by operating the flight deck on the side the guns aren't aimed over.

What's more worrysome is the effect of the muzzle blast from a 460mm rifle on the flight deck itself.

With that many turrets the planes are just bait anyway aren't they?

Seems they would need to fire half the turrets 1 way while the other half are simultaneously fired the other way to stop from capsizing (LOL...only in game of course...all of those...460s...firing at once if it was a real ship would pretty much rip the whole ship apart...

...But it would be 1 awesome volley).

But as for the game where those inconsistencies can be ignored... let's get this thing into développement already :-)

It can be the next dockyard ship (w/a grind that would make the PR debacle seem like child's play).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,758
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
4 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Seems they would need to fire half the turrets 1 way while the other half are simultaneously fired the other way to stop from capsizing (LOL...only in game of course...all of those...460s...firing at once if it was a real ship would pretty much rip the whole ship apart...

That's how they turn the ship, fore guns fire one side, aft guns fire the other side.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,007
[NSC]
Members
2,350 posts
4 hours ago, kyesac said:

I was talking about the Georgia there @AdmiralThunder.  Sorry if that wasn't clear.  But now that you mentioned it.....  15?  18?   :)

I think there's no ship with more than 16 guns currently in-game. The stereotypical example is Lyon, but really a ship released much earlier has 16 guns too ... Atlanta! (However, she can only fire a 14 gun broadside because 4 guns are in a total of 2 wing mounts.)

More recently, we've seen Smolensk (4x4) and Colbert (8x2). Both have 16 guns too.

(Honorable mentions: Mogami has 15 guns as do Helena and Boise/Nuevo de Julio. Certain low-tiered cruisers also have many guns (that can't all fire to the same side) such as the 15-gunned Svietlana (which can only fire a broadside of 8). I believe Svietlana has the largest number of guns of any <Tier VII cruiser.)

Good luck with your choice, and hope you enjoy whatever ship you choose!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,062
[HINON]
Members
9,008 posts
13,171 battles
4 hours ago, Lert said:

kpxy9ue.jpg

been a long time since i saw someone post this beautiful behemoth of a ship design, one can only imagine the firepower it possesses 

Edited by tcbaker777

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4
[LSNB]
Members
17 posts
5,112 battles

Probably in a few months, as testing ships don't take a year. However, I would say get the Georgia if possible, considering how the Georgia has been in the store for quite a while and might be pulled like the Jean Bart, along with the Alaska. The Pommern is practically a downtiered Friedrich Der Grosse with Grosser Kurfurst turrets and torps, and with how Wargaming is making the currency, expect a 1 million Free-exp or coal, or if very unlucky, the Research bureau. If they sell the Pommern in the premium store for like 78$, it's most likely 1 million free-exp or 228k coal as usual unless Wargaming suddenly decides to inflate the prices of free-exp ships again, saying easy access to them (very unlikely). I would advise you not to get the Pommern though, considering how powercrept the entire German BB line is, and how secondaries are just memes and with IFHE being nerfed to hell, it's just not worth it, unless you are a collector. I am pretty sure you'll just end up placing her as one of your port queens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
498
[BUOY]
Members
1,348 posts
16,903 battles
1 hour ago, DoctorDoom99 said:

Probably in a few months, as testing ships don't take a year. However, I would say get the Georgia if possible, considering how the Georgia has been in the store for quite a while and might be pulled like the Jean Bart, along with the Alaska. The Pommern is practically a downtiered Friedrich Der Grosse with Grosser Kurfurst turrets and torps, and with how Wargaming is making the currency, expect a 1 million Free-exp or coal, or if very unlucky, the Research bureau. If they sell the Pommern in the premium store for like 78$, it's most likely 1 million free-exp or 228k coal as usual unless Wargaming suddenly decides to inflate the prices of free-exp ships again, saying easy access to them (very unlikely). I would advise you not to get the Pommern though, considering how powercrept the entire German BB line is, and how secondaries are just memes and with IFHE being nerfed to hell, it's just not worth it, unless you are a collector. I am pretty sure you'll just end up placing her as one of your port queens.

Georgia's withdrawal announcement hasn't come down yet so she'll be in the shop for a few more patches.

Pommern has been confirmed to be a coal ship.

Edited by lloyd1701

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
252
[UNC]
Members
953 posts
6,416 battles
20 hours ago, Lert said:

kpxy9ue.jpg

Where on earth would you find a shipyard large enough to construct that monstrosity?  Best guess is it's around 1400' in length, displacement approaching 200k tons... I don't even want to think about crew and fuel requirements.  Might make for an intriguing boss for some kind of event though?   Nevermind.  I didn't say that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
753
[USN]
Members
1,643 posts
21,155 battles
2 hours ago, DoctorDoom99 said:

The Pommern is practically a downtiered Friedrich Der Grosse with Grosser Kurfurst turrets

Freddy is T9, so is Pommern, and Pommern uses Bismarck's 15in guns in triple turrets. Think Alsace, but with armor, torps, hydro, and useful secondaries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,062
[HINON]
Members
9,008 posts
13,171 battles
1 hour ago, Uncle_Lou said:

Where on earth would you find a shipyard large enough to construct that monstrosity?  Best guess is it's around 1400' in length, displacement approaching 200k tons... I don't even want to think about crew and fuel requirements.  Might make for an intriguing boss for some kind of event though?   Nevermind.  I didn't say that.

a ship of that size isnt built, it's literally willed into existence by people gathered in a spot big enough for it to fit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×