Hapa_Fodder

Your Last Chance to Obtain Z-35

20 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
2,905 posts
13,343 battles

Become the owner of a unique German Tier VIII destroyer!

Read it on the portal
  • Meh 1

[WOLF8]
Members
7,182 posts
6,117 battles

fine_addition.gif.7edbbe7bb1775a8d319d692f4483f9bb.gif

I like German botes, so I'll be sure to pick her up. :Smile_Default:

That is, after I get home, because I'm still at work right now... lol. :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

[CK5]
Members
1,319 posts
13,388 battles

I have a mixed reaction to the new ship after checking its stats.  Z-35 looks like a very slightly buffed T-61 dropped into T8.  I'm not saying no, because I really want a higher tier German DD premium, but I am going to wait until I see some  reviews.  

[O_S_D]
Members
80 posts
15,176 battles

It's actually a very fun ship. Different from other German DD's. It's a gunboat, not a torp boat, and lotsa smoke. Needs AFT.

[O_S_D]
Members
80 posts
15,176 battles

I'm really starting to like this ship. Most of my games have been tier 9 & 10 and I have not felt like this DD is lacking. AFT and DE really help this ship. It really feels like a tier 8 Friesland, but with shorter smoke (although it has more smoke) and no AA, but it has emergency torps for anyone that gets close. Don't look at it's shortcomings, look at it strengths! Much better than the tier 8 German DD Z-23. It can get up to 14.5 range with it's guns and a 3.1 reload, with a 9% fire chance (with DE and flags). I didn't bother with BFT so I only have a 3.4 reload. I struggled with the Z-23 but this ship I am not having a hard time with, you don't need the torps, it is a gun ship!!

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,731 posts
19,740 battles

So I'm relying on DOT damage.

Pinpricking battleships and wasting a DD slot better filled by an Aki.....

If your lucky your going to get 65k damage and a possible kill.....

Sit in smoke with another specialized captain build.

150mm captain won't work. A knife fighting 128 won't work. A torp reload build won't work.

So I have 2 10 point captains just sitting in reserve and $42.00 isn't that much, right?

[EASY]
[EASY]
Members
102 posts

I have been doing a lot of randoms, haven't seen one out there yet, with all that Russian Radar a DD that has to stay at max range and fire guns while running with NO SPEED BOOST - a short-timed smoke, might as well not have torps, a KIDD will take it apart -- 

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
8,209 posts
13,537 battles

I'm still at a lost why Z-35 exists in its current state at all.  The claim is that this is a German gunboat with short range torps and short duration smoke. 

Not sure what the appeal is there when:

• If I want short cooldown smoke/gunboat playstyle, Cossack is better
  • If I want the hydro DD experience, other German ships like Z-23 and Z-39 do it in a better package
  • Akizuki is still the king of T8 gunboat (and is free)

While I love the idea of fun German DD premium, I'm struggling to figure out what the point of this ship is.  Poor concealment with limited range 5km hydro and little torpedo power.  Why were resources wasted on such a pointless ship?  Z-46 is better in almost every facet, and is free at T9.

I wanted to like this ship upon first hearing about it, but it's a hard pass on this one.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[KILLU]
Members
23 posts
606 battles

Yet more "content" that is nothing more then the easiest thing they can make in game and what a coincidence it's also the best option for them to get people to hand them more money instead of oh I don't know maybe adding more maps, maybe making the game far less of a grind, more then a few premium players find the game way to grindy or quite frankly anything that is not self serving like your easter egg event where you want people to send you their work and you use it any way you want and don't have to compensate the creators at all.

Please it is up to you but do not give this company anything, especially your money.

These guys make EA and Bethesda look like industry leaders in customer satisfaction.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[O_S_D]
Members
80 posts
15,176 battles

I am just going to post 1 last time on this thread.

I don't know what it is, but this ship is one of the funnest I have played for awhile. Forget the paper stats, it performs! I can't say if it is luck, RNG, or a good fit for me, but this ship wins for me! I go for caps, hunt enemy DD's and other ships and am able to stay out of radar range, avoid cv's and spot for my team. Most of my games have been tier 9 & 10 (with cv's) and I have not noticed myself being at any disadvantage.

If you like playing Friesland, this ship is very similar with a very quick reload for the guns, long range guns and extremely quick smoke to pop. Every dd that has been listed here and is said to be better, I have hunted down and killed including alot more (except Cossack, have not seen 1 yet) . The torps I use for those moments of "Oh Crap, an enemy ship is too close!". Between the smoke, hydro and fast guns, enemy dd's & other ships are surprised as all h**l.

Can't say I've won every dd vs dd battle, but enough to make ppl think twice. 72% win rate so far is nothing to sneeze at and to give WG credit, they got a ship that is nicely balanced and fun to play!

FYI - AFT is a must for this ship! It helps you to stay out of radar range and to shoot/burn down enemy ships from range.

• Confused 1

[OGF]
Members
889 posts
30,023 battles

This news item also mentions German Carrier Premium Containers.  Will their be any more chances to earn the regular carrier containers in game, or was Directive 4 our last chance?  Thanks.

[ARGSY]
Members
19,025 posts
13,214 battles

"Your last chance to obtain Z-35."

Are we talking about the ship here, or just the bundles with all the goodies.

If the ship is being pulled completely for a short period at the end of the given time-frame, the statement is correct. If it's only the bundles that are going, the statement could be argued to be misleading.

"Your last chance to obtain Z-35 in discount bundles" would be correct in either case.

• Cool 1

[MIBR]
[MIBR]
Members
950 posts
On 7/17/2020 at 7:28 PM, Hapa_Fodder said:

Become the owner of a unique German Tier VIII destroyer!

Read it on the portal

A new bundle will challenge us on friday?

I wish i could have Missouri or Jean Bart...

(truly wish to get a new french BB)

Edited by Felipe_1982
  • Meh 1

[OVRPN]
[OVRPN]
Beta Testers
109 posts
17,031 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

"Your last chance to obtain Z-35."

Are we talking about the ship here, or just the bundles with all the goodies.

If the ship is being pulled completely for a short period at the end of the given time-frame, the statement is correct. If it's only the bundles that are going, the statement could be argued to be misleading.

"Your last chance to obtain Z-35 in discount bundles" would be correct in either case.

I'd suggest keeping appropriate records of the advertisement and seeing what happens. As stated, the Z-35 ever being available again, including in Christmas containers, would be grounds for action by most countries advertising regulators.

[KILLU]
Members
23 posts
606 battles

Wow yet more offers to pay over $50 to well over $100 for individual ships and that's the sale prices!!!

I still find the sheer audacity of this "game company" to charge ridiculous amounts of real money for virtually no content that is the literal price of one to two full priced triple a games on sale.

Guess they need money to refill their pockets after they paid out $400,000 to a good cause, not saying the cause is not worthy just the way they went about it was wrong, self serving and did not allow the community to contribute in any significant way because they wanted full credit and honestly don't care about the community and see their player base as nothing more then cash machines and credit cards.

• Cool 1

[NKOTD]
Members
931 posts
8,541 battles

If it had 8 or 9km torps then.... yes, maybe I'd consider it a T8 T61 and think about it.  As others have said...As long as Akizuki or Friesland exist, I'll wait for something else... or a better price. 

Also, I do seem to remember Mainz being suddenly not sale.... and then suddenly was again a month later.

Edited by YouSatInGum

[MR-1]
Members
902 posts
17,272 battles

not a good DD player  but i just couldnt resist a gunboat   so i picked it up today  but only been trying it in co-op  .

seams to be good . and even though the smoke only lasts 40 seconds and the reload is 66 seconds , by the time the smoke clears  from one the next one is almost ready  to use . so all in all 

i like this 

shot-20.08.04_18.27.13-0737.jpg

shot-20.08.04_18.27.15-0532.jpg