Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

Spotting Fade Out

7 comments in this topic

[CNO]
Members
6,575 posts
19,762 battles

I was in long range spotter view the other day and a ship was detected by gun bloom.  As I watched the ship from the spotter plane, I saw it become transparent to the point I could see the ocean underneath it, but enough of a ghosting effect that I could still see the silhouette of the ship.  And then it faded away (over about two seconds).  I presume it went invisible again as the bloom time ran out.  But what I found interesting was the fade out.

Anyone else seen this?  New feature?  Bug?  Me seeing things?

[PVE]
Members
11,071 posts
19,189 battles

They tried the fade some time ago, I don't know why they did not keep it that way.

[ARGSY]
Members
24,414 posts
18,358 battles

Your watchkeepers and rangefinder/director crews have been on duty too long. 

Good thing this is Warships and not some sort of Western Front 1914 game, or they'd be seeing angels and visions of St George. :Smile_trollface:

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Funny 1

[RLGN]
Members
16,188 posts
28,076 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Your watchkeepers and rangefinder/director crews have been on duty too long. 

Good thing this is Warships and not some sort of Western Front 1914 game, or they'd be seeing angels and visions of St George. :Smile_trollface:

Waving their arms like the dead  @Capt_Ahab1776 ‘encouraging’ them to charge the German Trenches? :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 1

[GWG]
Members
7,585 posts
14,441 battles

There are two kinds of disappearing ships:

One is due to the detection mechanic, while the other is due to the 'Out-of-Range' situation where you won't even see friendlies (until you die).

I think there is a bug in the 'Out-of-range' visibility.  As a CV op, I see this malfunction a lot.  I detect a battleship in the corner opposite of my CV (but not the planes), and it starts fading away as I strike other ships.  I am still spotting it for my allies, and it's on the mini-map, but I can't see it -- just like it's out of range of my ship.

Members
1,408 posts
1,852 battles
3 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

I saw it become transparent to the point I could see the ocean underneath it, but enough of a ghosting effect that I could still see the silhouette of the ship. 

I'm going with a bug, but now I'm getting ideas for the next Hallow's Eve event...

Sign in to follow this