Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Feldo357

PT supercontainer question

15 comments in this topic

[G-B-U]
Members
58 posts
4,430 battles

image.thumb.png.9229c8139b4ef0b14c10754f2884252d.png

So I got a supercontainer on the PTS and lo-and-behold, the very ship I was saving up dubs for on the live server

I don't suppose this ship will cross over onto my main account and I will be a very happy sailor? (Please say yes)

Also this is the first time a supercontainer has ever dropped a ship for me, and of course on the PTS.

[ARGSY]
Members
18,849 posts
13,129 battles

I wasn't aware pulling a premium ship from a crate on PTS was even possible.

@Hapa_Fodder can we make his wish come true? Or at the very least find a way for him to retain it in the PTS? Anything else seems like a cruel joke on the part of fate.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
14,601 posts

I had this happen with Exeter.

You'll have access to the ship on the PTS for maybe a few patches, then they'll reset and it will be gone.  

No chance you get it on the Live server. 

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
2,835 posts
13,291 battles

What ever you open on the PTS does NOT cross to a live account.

As for getting super containers on PTS, I mean, it's a game client so all the chances to get STs etc are the same.

-Hapa

[W-P-E]
[W-P-E]
Members
221 posts
20,450 battles

So enjoy while you can..  I got a SC in PT once, no ship though.

[G-B-U]
Members
58 posts
4,430 battles

Well, shucks :fish_palm:

at least i get a neat rental ship for a few patches i guess

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,188 posts
5,947 battles

Tricky sales gimmick WG!! :Smile_trollface:  I mean dropping a Massachusetts to get trialed on PTS.   LOL.... I could see that selling a few!! 

[WOLF5]
Supertester
3,693 posts
3,916 battles

Damn, just went you thought your RNG couldn't get any worse....

At least you'll have it on PTS

[A-D-F]
Members
2,066 posts
7,456 battles

This is exactly why I DON'T play on the PTS.  My last day of PTS play was the day I scored a supercontainer with 14 days of premium time and realized it was worthless.

You are testing their product while your main account languishes and then BAM, joke's on you.  

Pretty cruel joke.  :Smile_sceptic:

Sorry you don't get your Massachusetts.  :Smile_sad:

• Cool 1

Members
2,886 posts
5,541 battles
On 7/17/2020 at 11:36 AM, Feldo357 said:

image.thumb.png.9229c8139b4ef0b14c10754f2884252d.png

So I got a supercontainer on the PTS and lo-and-behold, the very ship I was saving up dubs for on the live server

I don't suppose this ship will cross over onto my main account and I will be a very happy sailor? (Please say yes)

Also this is the first time a supercontainer has ever dropped a ship for me, and of course on the PTS.

On 7/17/2020 at 11:39 AM, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I wasn't aware pulling a premium ship from a crate on PTS was even possible.

@Hapa_Fodder can we make his wish come true? Or at the very least find a way for him to retain it in the PTS? Anything else seems like a cruel joke on the part of fate.

This happened to me sometime late last year. Rolled Gascogne in a supercontainer on the PTS. I figured it wouldn't transfer to my main account, but it also gets erased from your PTS account at the start of the next season when your main account is mirrored to the PTS again.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
14,601 posts
Just now, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

This happened to me sometime late last year. Rolled Gascogne in a supercontainer on the PTS. I figured it wouldn't transfer to my main account, but it also gets erased from your PTS account at the start of the next season when your main account is mirrored to the PTS again.

At the very least it shouldn't delete from your PTS account, it should be a thing that rolls over when your PTS fleet otherwise resets.   

Would give an extra thing for PTS to keep players coming back. 

Members
2,886 posts
5,541 battles
1 hour ago, KilljoyCutter said:

At the very least it shouldn't delete from your PTS account, it should be a thing that rolls over when your PTS fleet otherwise resets.   

Would give an extra thing for PTS to keep players coming back. 

It would be nice, but on the whole I'd rather have my main account mirrored quarterly than keep any ships from PTS supercontainers. I cheese the PTS missions in Thunderer, Smolensk, Friesland, and Benham with 19-point captains, and I'd much rather be able to continue doing so than play the Gas Can at all.

Edited by RainbowFartingUnicorn

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
14,601 posts
9 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

It would be nice, but on the whole I'd rather have my main account mirrored quarterly than keep any ships from PTS supercontainers. I cheese the PTS missions in Thunderer, Smolensk, Friesland, and Benham with 19-point captains, and I'd much rather be able to continue doing so than play the Gas Can at all.

To be clear, I meant that any premium ships you pick up on PTS should stick around, even though the Live account gets mirrored onto your PTS account every quarter.  

Members
2,886 posts
5,541 battles
1 hour ago, KilljoyCutter said:

To be clear, I meant that any premium ships you pick up on PTS should stick around, even though the Live account gets mirrored onto your PTS account every quarter.  

That would be nice. They can put it in the queue for changes to make for the PTS after "Take PTS player feedback into account" and "Let PTS players use the ships being released," LOL.

Sign in to follow this