Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SirWyrd

Single/Universal Sign On Request

6 comments in this topic

[WOOK3]
Members
7 posts
2,716 battles

I would like to see a concept for login, where we as players, do not have logins region locked.

This would enable us, the players, to have a single sign on ID, that is valid across all servers. 

This would be good for multiple reasons.

1) We would not have to create multiple accounts to play on different servers.

2) Progress could still be broken down by server, so each player has progress on each server, just under a single ID.

1. This would allow for more of a Global Warships/Wargaming community as a whole.

3) Streamers that gift items to other players, can do so, for players in any server from a single account.

1. This can increase your revenue Wargaming

4) Each server a player is on could have a unique collection of ships.

1. You have Bob, Bob's player ID is 500
  2. Bob has a Trento on NA, But does NOT have the Trento in Asia, or EU
  3. Bob can login to the game, and default login to the last used server, but can 'switch server' from in game.
  4. Bob want's to use the Trento in Asia or EU
    1. Bob can research the Trento on those servers
    2. Bob can Transfer the Trento from NA to Asia/EU
    3. Perhaps the remainder of the Chain Transfers too, to prevent researching the next ship when the line hasn't been used?
    4. Perhaps only allowing Transfer of Premium Ships? Instead of research ships.

Signal flags wouldn't be transferable, at least not free. Perhaps charge a percentage of purchase price to allow a transfer?

Additional:

Many Games and Companies have single sign on concepts.  

I had changed my email on my live server account, so for the PT server I had to create a new account again. Not the end of the world, but again, with a single sign on concept with an Auth server, the Public Test would already have been linked.

Edited by SirWyrd
Add additional information
  • Haha 1

Members
2,119 posts
6,339 battles

Different jurisdictions and regions have different Laws and regulations. This is not the Big Happy World you think it is. Revenue and Taxes must be a nightmare for the company. I believe the EULA is different for each region because of local regulations. Also I believe every region is its own management company making it 4 companies.

[WOOK3]
Members
7 posts
2,716 battles

I understand that laws and regulations could play a role, however there are other games and companies that have found ways to do this. Even if content wasn't able to be transferred as I had suggested, a single sign on, account hierarchy is feasible and would make things much easier. 

Members
1,597 posts
25,106 battles

It looks as though the 4 regions are 4 different divisions, each with sales goals and personnel to rationalize. It is a major undertaking done ONCE (I think) just to transfer your account from one to another server. To have this type of relatively seamless inter-operability makes account transfer look kindergarten. It's a dream that I don't think can come true due to the tall walls between the servers/regions.

Edited by theLaalaa

[WOOK3]
Members
7 posts
2,716 battles

Yes, that's what it seems. And that piece wouldn't have to change really, instead it's how the authentication works, and Syncing the account details. Such that your Authorization Account is the primary account so to speak, and each server has a replica of that account for detail purposes. Ships are simply objects in the game, stored by some mechanism, so a transfer of a single object is much easier than transferring an entire account. There are already mechanisms in place to 'credit' an account an item, so essentially 'transferring' a ship could be as simple as 'removing' the item from one server, and 'adding' it to the other server for a given account. Each server could represent the account as a different ID on the server, where the Auth server is the lookup and the link between them. This really isn't as difficult or complex as one might think.

Sorry if that got a little bit technical.

Sign in to follow this