You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralQ

you thought CVs were already bad

56 comments in this topic

[T-R-F]
Members
522 posts
15,916 battles

Flambass found this exploit..prepare the rage.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 2
  • Boring 3

[A-D-F]
Members
2,066 posts
7,456 battles

I saw this a bit earlier.  Hilarious!!!

+ 1 for the post.  :Smile_medal:

[UNNAT]
Members
1,113 posts
5,878 battles

Do you seriously think there is anything practical about this? Don't get me wrong, it's interesting but that's about it.

• Cool 1

[T-R-F]
Members
522 posts
15,916 battles
Just now, Tekina_ said:

Do you seriously think there is anything practical about this? Don't get me wrong, it's interesting but that's about it.

any island with similar height this could be pulled off. the fact this is even possible just shows how stupid the rework was.

• Cool 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 2

[XXX]
Members
425 posts
782 battles
Just now, AdmiralQ said:

any island with similar height this could be pulled off. the fact this is even possible just shows how stupid the rework was.

Yeah but most maps do NOT have islands of this height, it's a bit of a rarity, sure you might be able to get a little more range out of it. Plus it's german AP rocket planes...hardly the deadliest threat known to warships...

• Cool 1

[T-R-F]
Members
522 posts
15,916 battles
Just now, Yandere_Roon said:

Yeah but most maps do NOT have islands of this height, it's a bit of a rarity, sure you might be able to get a little more range out of it. Plus it's german AP rocket planes...hardly the deadliest threat known to warships...

did you see his damage rolls?

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
2,686 posts
5,943 battles
2 minutes ago, Tekina_ said:

It just sort of highlights how ridiculous CVs are and how they are kind of a troll's wet dream.  I can see why they are so beloved by a certain type of player.

• Cool 14
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 3

[XXX]
Members
425 posts
782 battles
5 minutes ago, AdmiralQ said:

Yeah...hardly anything impressive...a BB salvo at high tier could have hit them for more...plus I'm not going to sit through the ENTIRE video of Flambass, especially a livestream, since I find him incredibly annoying toxic hypocritical little man (check how often he spews vitriol at his team despite saying that is something you shouldn't do in youtube videos) that thrives of clickbaity videos.

The video shows that it might have applications on CERTAIN maps, as mentioned there are very few maps that allow for this. Though I will point out that this is a problem with the German Rocket planes and their already wonky way their target marker works. So yes it IS a form of an exploit and will be patched quickly I imagine.

Edited by Yandere_Roon
  • Cool 1

Members
1,563 posts
33,869 battles

Actually, I am surprised that no one knew about this one. I knew about it but since I don't own bothans, not even WG noticed I did this.

I was hoping to keep it to myself for a while.

But leave it to Flambass to find it.

I use it with AP bombers so I can B52 drop a light CL that is parked

It can be done with all bombs and torps. Rockets are just the tip of the iceberg.

• Thanks 1

[UNNAT]
Members
1,113 posts
5,878 battles
37 minutes ago, AdmiralQ said:

You mean the rolls that were usually 2-3k damage per salvo? He spent ten minutes doing this and got like 26k total damage with zero citadels. Almost all his damage that game came after he stopped fooling around and from his torps and AP bombers. I don't really care if they remove this or not(as long as they don't break something else in the process), it's not really something that is very useful. Maybe if someone refines it and makes it actually deadly my opinion will change but as it stands a CV doing this is probably hurting their own team more than anything else.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

Members
460 posts
52 minutes ago, AdmiralQ said:

But, but we just need to find the right balance they say..  

Alpha Tester
6,312 posts
3,134 battles

I've been thinking for a while that the reticle movement when going over islands needs to be adjusted. This'll hopefully prompt WG to do so.

[PSV]
Members
523 posts
17,571 battles

I mean it’s interesting, but using that trick made him next to useless for 60% of the game. 

• Cool 2

[REVY]
Members
2,130 posts
11,582 battles
8 minutes ago, madmikey77 said:

I mean it’s interesting, but using that trick made him next to useless for 60% of the game. 

yeah, not to mention its going to be more situational  and really targeting where you think the ship will be when the rockets get there.

For most of this I simply couldn't see where the reticle was, but having played CVs I had an idea what it was doing.

While it is an interesting exploit, I don't think it is one that is 'game breaking'

• Cool 1

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,184 posts
5,947 battles

LOL...   The Anti-CV angst knows no bounds....    I can surely see this being the most efficient use of my time in a CV.    So I suppose this incredibly OP "exploit" should let DDs off the hook though no?    Problem solved.  

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
4,922 posts
11,400 battles

Wait seriously? Nobody knew about this? While using it to that extreme is rare it's done all the time when say planes fly over one and it kicks the reticle out as a hidden AA ship opens up to get some damage. For the most part your extending range 1-2 km, maybe 3 in most cases it gets used. It was brought up in testing and was basically 'well that's how it works' - two way street as there are a handful of scenarios that will shorten the range too depending on plane angle.

That and Rockets are same as a ships shells - in fact many ships have shells faster than those rockets. Still have to lead a target and all and at 15 km. To say nothing of the fact rockets are subject same mechanics as shells - they'd likely be doing more damage using them right (to say nothing of using something more useful, like TB's).

Even as someone that plays CV's - of all the stuff screwed up between AA balance in both ways, HVAR and RP-3 damage, etc, this isn't even on the priority list for me. Dude spamming 15 km rockets is gonna do paltry damage compared to the guy throwing TB's at the red team, spotting ships while doing so, causing damage, etc.

Members
460 posts
3 hours ago, Yandere_Roon said:

a BB salvo at high tier could have hit them for more

And when WeeGee changes BB mechanics that allow it to fly its turrets across the map, zoom climb, and fire at a ship out of its range, then I'll be happy to protest and complain that the mechanic is out of hand.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1

[GOOF]
Members
592 posts
5,513 battles
3 hours ago, CommodoreKang said:

It just sort of highlights how ridiculous CVs are and how they are kind of a troll's wet dream.  I can see why they are so beloved by a certain type of player.

Do you mean the type of platter who's constantly in every CV thread yelling nothing to see here CVS are fine don't be a wimpy baby whiner go back to co-op the old CVS were worse so this is justified no such thing as infinite regeneration  it's all a lie? 

Nope don't know anyone like that

• Cool 1

[XXX]
Members
425 posts
782 battles
10 hours ago, Farm_Fresh_Eggs said:

And when WeeGee changes BB mechanics that allow it to fly its turrets across the map, zoom climb, and fire at a ship out of its range, then I'll be happy to protest and complain that the mechanic is out of hand.

Or you know there's things such as Spotter plane which basically do that...or high tiers where the Yami twins and a few others have basically enough range to cover that entire distances. You've still got to LEAD with rocket planes, he basically did chip damage.

Its like people that whine about CVs never play them beyond tier 4...

• Cool 2

[GOOF]
Members
592 posts
5,513 battles
1 minute ago, Farm_Fresh_Eggs said:

I know that type of comment you mean; however, its hard for me to tell if the person is gas-lighting to protect their kiddie class, or if they are simply the sycophant type that is kissing butt because they were not raised properly as a child.

Why ser you have my all wrong I'm simply bowing and kissing butt to the great CV overlords. 

Members
460 posts
6 minutes ago, Yandere_Roon said:

Or you know there's things such as Spotter plane which basically do that

Not unless the mechanic is changed so that the spotter plane is controlled by the player and the spotter plane is equipped with direct fire weapons.  

• Cool 1

[XXX]
Members
425 posts
782 battles
Just now, Farm_Fresh_Eggs said:

Not unless the mechanic is changed so that the spotter plane is controlled by the player and the spotter plane is equipped with direct fire weapons.  

Spotter plane allows you to fire your MAIN BATTERY much further...you know the thing you control, not only that it allows you to see over islands better, get a decent position on where someone is smoke firing from...all that jazz. A spotter plane Yami can literally cover almost the entire map bar the corners.