Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Zaydin

When is the Petro getting nerfed?

78 comments in this topic

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,658 posts
11,103 battles

Kind of absurd how overpowered the damn thing is; BB-like pen on its AP shells with 220mm guns. It's always fake Russian ships being released completely overpowered, too, almost like WG is biased in favor of Russian ships.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 11
  • Meh 4

[O7]
Members
1,470 posts
10,421 battles

petro is really just a nerfed moskva, once you angle to its AP it has very bad h.e with tier 8 levels of dpm.

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 1

[XXX]
Members
425 posts
782 battles
43 minutes ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

petro is really just a nerfed moskva, once you angle to its AP it has very bad h.e with tier 8 levels of dpm.

This...the Moskva is actually better at pulling this off due to higher DPM but it has the disadvantage of basically getting Battleship concealment and doesn't have the improved AP pen angles but much better HE DPM.

[O7]
Members
1,470 posts
10,421 battles
16 minutes ago, Yandere_Roon said:

This...the Moskva is actually better at pulling this off due to higher DPM but it has the disadvantage of basically getting Battleship concealment and doesn't have the improved AP pen angles but much better HE DPM.

then if you take petro for AP only, stalin does it better with overmatch capabilities vs colbert,mino and smolensk but mainly having very accurate guns at long distance.

the whole russian bias rubbish is super overblown petro really is not a great ship, it has great AP at close range for random battles but mediocre in all other areas.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 5

Members
790 posts
5,370 battles

It's not that good of a ship. These complaints are perplexing. It fires like a shot gun at longer ranges and it's 25mm plating is overmatch hell versus 380s and up when it has to move in. I played 2 battles in mine and nothing felt good about the ship. The turret traverse is glacial. Subpar accuracy and you are borked if anything with any armor is pointed at you because of your bad HE.  Let's add in the fact that the radar is essentially a wasted slot because of the 15 second duration. Even 18 with the module isn't that good. 

Edited by General_Lee_Miserable

[XXX]
Members
425 posts
782 battles
1 hour ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

then if you take petro for AP only, stalin does it better with overmatch capabilities vs colbert,mino and smolensk but mainly having very accurate guns at long distance.

the whole russian bias rubbish is super overblown petro really is not a great ship, it has great AP at close range for random battles but mediocre in all other areas.

This, the russian Cruisers basically got blown out of proportion by clickbaity youtubers/twitch streamers (like Flamu, Flambass and a few others) who, unlike someone like Sealord Mountbatten who shows his first couple of games in the ship, win or lose, they cherry pick the VERY best games they get in these ships and then act like it was normal. It's why apart from Jingles, PointyhairedJedi, Sealord and a few select others (I watch toptier for his tips and tricks plus first impression videos on CVs not for the replays of other people he posts) I don't watch any of the major WoWs youtubers anymore.

It use to be that sex sells, now it's rage that sells...people love to be angry about something...

Edited by Yandere_Roon
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[KSC]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
5,053 posts
7,683 battles
3 hours ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

Hell....the Tier 6 Nurnberg (along with most Tier 6 CLs) has better HE DPM than MBM3 Petropavlovsk, with better fire starting and HE pen to boot.  Maybe it's not fair to compare a CA to a CL, but the Petropavlovsk's HE is quite atrocious for a Tier 10 CA, *and that's even before you factor in its poor dispersion.

Edited by yashma

[D-H-O]
Beta Testers
1,065 posts
10,175 battles

If there is any ship in the game that is OP.  It will be nurfed the day after I get it.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WOLF3]
Members
25,645 posts
22,602 battles

Moskva is the better ship.

Laser accurate even at range.

Faster shooting.

Better HE.

50mm icebreaker bow that is so high up that it looks like a turtleneck.

Couple the above point with the 50mm deck behind the bow, a bow on Moskva leaves very little of the 25mm bow to get Overmatched.  Petro's icebreaker is pretty darn low to the point of it almost being useless.

Long lasting 12km, 30 seconds Radar compared to Petro's 12km, stupidly short 15 seconds.

Moskva I have long respected for being a capable gunner across a variety of engagement ranges.  Her solid AP & HE shell selection means she can punish with AP a noob making a mistake, or burn down a player that isn't stupid enough to show flat broadsides.

You want to trade shells at long range?  Moskva is very good at that game.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[-VT-]
Members
747 posts
23,837 battles
1 hour ago, yashma said:

Hell....the Tier 6 Nurnberg (along with most Tier 6 CLs) has better HE DPM than MBM3 Petropavlovsk, with better fire starting and HE pen to boot.  Maybe it's not fair to compare a CA to a CL, but the Petropavlovsk's HE is quite atrocious for a Tier 10 CA, *and that's even before you factor in its poor dispersion.

But why would you even use HE, with its OP AP

[WOLF3]
Members
25,645 posts
22,602 battles
7 minutes ago, vikingno2 said:

Because you can angle or go bow in and bounce AP.  If people know how to tank 380mm, 406mm, 419mm, 420mm, 430mm, etc. AP, Petropavlovsk's 220mm AP isn't sh*t.

A 25mm bow can't get Overmatched by 220mm AP.  Cleveland can tank her AP easily.

Another High Tier Cruiser can go bow in, angle against a Petropavlovsk and slaughter Petro.  When Petro can no longer get the "surprise" AP salvo for fat pens, citadels, then she can only rely on her HE, and another Cruiser will butcher her.  Petro isn't accurate enough, the HE is weak, and her reload is mediocre.  She will lose that HE DPM race.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[KSC]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
5,053 posts
7,683 battles
3 minutes ago, vikingno2 said:

Because its AP isn't OP and performs poorly against anything that angles. 

[SALVO]
[SALVO]
Members
1,647 posts
5,891 battles
1 hour ago, madgiecool said:

If there is any ship in the game that is OP.  It will be nurfed the day after I get it.

Then do not acquire the Massachusetts please. 

4 hours ago, Yandere_Roon said:

I agree here,  Petro is not op.  Gotta highlight this since we are disagreeing in another thread  

[XXX]
Members
425 posts
782 battles
20 minutes ago, eviltane said:

I agree here,  Petro is not op.  Gotta highlight this since we are disagreeing in another thread  

Considering I've been in a Moskva vs Stalingrad Bow on HE fight...yeah the HE DPM wrecked the Stalingrad. It seems that the Petro traded a lot for its much lower concealment and improved AP pen angles. It's slightly more agile than the Moskva but there isn't much in it IIRC and it loses the huge amount of deck armour the Moskva had a long with a much lower Icebreaker...

I will say this the Moskva, due to its concealment is probably a harder ship to PLAY but it does outpreform the Petro in most areas.

Edited by Yandere_Roon

[SUCIT]
Members
1,088 posts
17,860 battles
31 minutes ago, vikingno2 said:

Because believe it or not, there are people at T10 who know how to angle and respect Soviet Cruiser AP, and once that happens, Petro’s HE is fairly anemic. 
by contrast to Moskva, Petro’s HE does 50 less damage, 3% less fire chance, and reloads about 3sec slower

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
87 posts
21,252 battles

I hate to disagree, but I think in many ways the Petro is balanced.  It has really nice concealment balanced by wonky guns.  Yes you can get great damaage in it, but you can get severly punshed in this boat.  I mean severly punished for mispositioning.  I would really be interested in seeing a replay of how you play the boat.  Happy to help let me know if you want an invite to K discord -- we can div up and see why you think its OP?  I think the boat has a lot of counters.  In terms of balance I think Tallinn is woeful, and so petro is refreshing.

Members
773 posts
5,403 battles

It’s a situational ship. It plays differently from Moskva with its better concealment, lower icebreaker, and horrible HE in that at range it doesn’t really do a whole lot of work. Where it shines is hiding at mid range with islands. There it can do big damage and cit BBs but it won’t happen every match. But it it OP? Nope. It’s high alpha but low work.

[-VT-]
Members
747 posts
23,837 battles

Didn't say the ships was OP but 220mm AP was that is a big difference. 220s shouldn't be doing that type of damage to BBs that's all sure it has weaknesses

Edited by vikingno2

[UEFN]
Members
1,306 posts
22,134 battles
8 hours ago, Zaydin said:

Kind of absurd how overpowered the damn thing is; BB-like pen on its AP shells with 220mm guns. It's always fake Russian ships being released completely overpowered, too, almost like WG is biased in favor of Russian ships.

Fake news to the max.  That's a good joke you got right there, you must have mistaken the Stalingrad as Petro.

[PVE]
Members
11,454 posts
22,314 battles

Oh yes, ship just comes out and OP MUST NERF LOL...:Smile_facepalm:

The ship is fine. It isn't even close to OP.

Members
88 posts
5,587 battles
5 hours ago, madgiecool said:

Bruh I feel you.When I unlocked konig=nerfed,Alsace=nerfed and then zao=nerfed.Im grinding both T10 russian cruiser and I bet it'll get nerfed too.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
25,645 posts
22,602 battles
2 hours ago, vikingno2 said:

Didn't say OP but OP AP that is a big difference. 220s shouldn't be doing that type of damage to BBs that's all sure it has weaknesses

If a 220mm AP shell is causing your BB problems, it amuses me thinking of what actual Battleship AP shells are doing to you.

• Funny 2

[LEGIO]
Members
3,400 posts
7,390 battles
10 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

If a 220mm AP shell is causing your BB problems, it amuses me thinking of what actual Battleship AP shells are doing to you.

Supposedly Russian magic gives those 220mm shells the same penetration as German 280mm shells.

[-VT-]
Members
747 posts
23,837 battles
47 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I stated they were overpowered your reply had nothing to do with what I said.

• Boring 1

Sign in to follow this