You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

Changed my Mind on California

12 comments in this topic

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
5,865 posts
17,905 battles

If WG is going to let group accounts such as this play in Randoms...well, she just can't make up for it.

Had a CV player run off to the corner, then just fly planes around for the entire game..  No spotting.  No attacking.  Nothing.  Wasn't AFK.  Planes were being launched.  And they were flying around...doing nothing.  Close game.  Just spotting...even without attacking would have made it a win.  Extremely frustrating.

stupid.thumb.jpg.4b7ba53f5bf827763d2aff77421518b9.jpg

• Confused 1

[TF_34]
Beta Testers
1,475 posts
5,088 battles
25 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

If WG is going to let group accounts such as this play in Randoms...well, she just can't make up for it.

Had a CV player run off to the corner, then just fly planes around for the entire game..  No spotting.  No attacking.  Nothing.  Wasn't AFK.  Planes were being launched.  And they were flying around...doing nothing.  Close game.  Just spotting...even without attacking would have made it a win.  Extremely frustrating.

how does this change your mind on Cali, Sosh? I mean, you have several posts illustrating that you can pull off amazing matches with 'questionable' ships.. 

Cali though ...I dont think she's ever gonna be known for a carry bote.

Edited by BBsquid
  • Cool 2

[OIL-1]
Members
1,245 posts

Training room is too complicated for some folks to figure out.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,384 posts
14,152 battles

A double digit PR! That makes me look like a unucum. I know that a thousand battles really isn't much and most of us didn't have a good handle on the game until a couple thousand but you have to be trying to be that bad.

[CLUMP]
Members
795 posts
1,150 battles
12 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

But I thought you said the Califonia was a bae ship  :fish_haloween: CV player could be a bot :Smile_amazed:

Members
143 posts
10,606 battles

You talking about the ship? "California" or the state? I got lost somewhere, there's a bad CV player in California? 

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
602 posts
8,263 battles
8 minutes ago, StudebacherHoch said:

You talking about the ship? "California" or the state? I got lost somewhere, there's a bad CV player in California? 

I'm guessing that maybe the OP was frustrated because the California just can't make up for some really poor play by teammates which makes it a frustrating ship to play??

I actually saw this thread and was thinking "ooh, someone's got a positive or at least different look at the California, let me see what they say!".   But nope....

[E-GO]
Members
207 posts
7,120 battles
49 minutes ago, Altwar said:

I'm guessing that maybe the OP was frustrated because the California just can't make up for some really poor play by teammates which makes it a frustrating ship to play??

I actually saw this thread and was thinking "ooh, someone's got a positive or at least different look at the California, let me see what they say!".   But nope....

I did finally get the California and actually am having fun. I'm not the best player but I am doing pretty decent in her so far. The guns are accurate and while they struggle against higher tier BBs, the HE is fantastic if you're facing bow-tanking BBs. The armor is ok-ish, but the twelve gun salute is great!

I can understand that it's not everybodys idea of fun.

MWSEkjP.jpg

R2gMant.jpg

• Cool 2

[-TKS-]
Members
1,044 posts
8,547 battles

California is a ship where you need to remind yourself it cannot carry a game. If you can do that you’ll have fun.

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
602 posts
8,263 battles
15 minutes ago, CptRemy said:

I did finally get the California and actually am having fun. I'm not the best player but I am doing pretty decent in her so far. The guns are accurate and while they struggle against higher tier BBs, the HE is fantastic if you're facing bow-tanking BBs. The armor is ok-ish, but the twelve gun salute is great!

I can understand that it's not everybodys idea of fun.

That's good stuff CptRemy, thanks for sharing your look at the California!

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
13,033 posts
35,939 battles
6 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

I've been pointing out this crap since before the ReBork. The devs simply don't care. I have forwarded botters and afkers with tickets, replays etc, and even to one of the moderators here.

Nothing was done, of course. I still see the same guys in matches.

I don't bother to report or complain anymore because they will never do anything. The devs love AFKers and botters, they lead to collapses which put players back in the queue quickly. That is the important thing -- they could care less about the gameplay experience. The devs have proven that again and again. How many new maps have we had in the last two years? And look at the lower tiers -- they simply dont care at all about nurturing new players.  

If you want to see how bad it is, just go to WOWs Stats and Numbers, then go to the Leaderboard, and use the up/down arrows to adjust PR from highest to lowest. Then bounce to the last page. You will soon find that there are four pages of players with less than 100 PR. Many of them are in clans. 

[REVY]
Members
2,272 posts
12,190 battles

California has pretty good range even before the spotting aircraft is launched.

What she needs is teammate help in spotting these targets. Without the help, California is kinda meh.