You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
cmjohnson207

Tier XI

9 comments in this topic

Members
40 posts
4,219 battles

hi all...

so I have been thinking about this for a bit. some people are not liking the TX gameplay. I kind of thought of a new "Special Tier" that you can get via TX. I am kind of thinking about going to the present

IE. modern destroyers cruisers, (some nations) battleships, Aircraft carriers

some people are going to hate this but, WG released submarines not too long ago. and I kind of thought that we need something to go beyond the TX.

naturally, we are going to have missiles, so everyone is gonna think that they are OP, well I have a few counter for that.

for one thing, once you detect an enemy, you are going to shoot missiles if it is out of main armament range. when you fire your missile, you have to keep your intended target sighted, if it disappears, the missile will lose its "lock" and destroy itself in midair, or get shot down by enemy AA.

The tracking system  the enemy center is going to work kind of like the secondary's

if a missile is targeting you, you would get a notification like "enemy missile incoming" where the detected and incoming fire alert is.

the missiles are going to be slowed respectively, also the missile will have a chance of missing, gotten destroyed by enemy AA, scrammed that can make it miss, confused by chaff, which will automatically deploy when the missile gets 10km away, or a bit farther. 

I honestly think that IF this WERE to get into the game, I think it will be ok

thanks all, any ideas would be helpful here

[HINON]
Members
13,243 posts
52 minutes ago, cmjohnson207 said:

WG did test having missiles but they were either OP or not fun and underpowered. I dont see them trying again. I think if they want more modern era ships they would need a whole new game to balance them while being fun.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,412 posts
14,163 battles

While it might be interesting missiles and wire guided torpedoes are a completely different type of warfare from the gun and dumb torpedoes the game covers and it would have to be its own game. Personally I would rather see a few sub tiers below tier 1 to cover the pre-Dreadnoughts which while they don't mix well with the rest of the ships in the game can use the current game engine.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,078 posts
19,199 battles
1 hour ago, cmjohnson207 said:

IE. modern destroyers cruisers, (some nations) battleships, Aircraft carriers

A modern destroyer would totally hose any battleship ever built, until the CVs aircraft got there and killed everyone. There are reasons there aren't any more BBs in active service, just as there are reasons that DDs don't often sail far out of the range of their air support. The word "survival" is mentioned often in those reasons.

[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator
2,913 posts
15,280 battles
2 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

WG did test having missiles but they were either OP or not fun and underpowered.

Which test version did you see WG doing this? when and what server?

regards,

[ARCO]
Members
833 posts
1,285 battles

Modern warfare based on radars and missiles would be very different, almost a new game. But if they stay outside ythe WWII maps could be OK

Same for the Kilo subs actually in test (2knots submerged, guided torps)

[HINON]
Members
13,243 posts
5 hours ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

Which test version did you see WG doing this? when and what server?

regards,

It was internal testing that Sub Octavian talked about when they tried guided missiles.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
2,239 posts
12,626 battles
12 hours ago, Umikami said:

A modern destroyer would totally hose any battleship ever built, until the CVs aircraft got there and killed everyone. There are reasons there aren't any more BBs in active service, just as there are reasons that DDs don't often sail far out of the range of their air support. The word "survival" is mentioned often in those reasons.

I think the planes will get there before anyone has a chance to even see the opponents.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,078 posts
19,199 battles
3 hours ago, chewonit said:

I think the planes will get there before anyone has a chance to even see the opponents.

I counted on them being sporting and giving everyone else a head start.