You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

And the good sportsman of the week award goes to...

11 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
19,968 posts
14,258 battles

@Cant_Think in the Akizuki,

@DerMayaKaiser in the Odin, and

@pulsarr1 in the August von Parseval

... who at my request graciously hurried their aft-ends out of the standard battle cap AND stood aside from the kill to allow me to get my fifth Kraken (in the Ignis Purgatio) this evening.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 2

[TBB]
Members
614 posts
4,780 battles

Nice of you 👍. But aren't krakens better when they just happen normally?

• Cool 3

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,384 posts
14,152 battles

Naming & faming, I highly approve. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[1IF]
Banned
436 posts
1,415 battles

Glad you had some good fellow team mates there, Ensign_Ctlulhu. That's like the old days of WoWS Randoms where your team would actively allow you that bonus for obvious good play (& luck).

Nowadays, team mates just seem to grab whatever kills they can & screw the other guy - even the one who probably won the battle for them. Sign of the times now, I suppose.

• Cool 1

[WOLF6]
Members
1,849 posts
5,553 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

@Cant_Think in the Akizuki,

@DerMayaKaiser in the Odin, and

@pulsarr1 in the August von Parseval

... who at my request graciously hurried their aft-ends out of the standard battle cap AND stood aside from the kill to allow me to get my fifth Kraken (in the Ignis Purgatio) this evening.

Such noble gestures from these fine seamen!

I will sacrifice 3 of my teammates in their honour! I need to spend some time in coop anyway...

Members
143 posts
10,606 battles
4 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

who at my request graciously hurried their aft-ends out of the standard battle cap AND stood aside from the kill to allow me to get my fifth Kraken

:Smile_facepalm:

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
602 posts
8,263 battles
3 hours ago, Antean said:

Nowadays, team mates just seem to grab whatever kills they can & screw the other guy - even the one who probably won the battle for them. Sign of the times now, I suppose.

Well, another way to look at it might be that if players want to get an achievement...well heck, achieve it?   Rather than ask for it?   

A nice gesture on behalf of the teammates in any case.

[ARGSY]
Members
19,968 posts
14,258 battles
14 hours ago, Merc_R_Us said:

But aren't krakens better when they just happen normally?

Well they are, but I figured why not ask? The worst that can happen is that someone else says "F you" and blaps the ship in your face to rub it in, and the best is that they show themselves to be good sports, stand back and let you have it like this team did me.

I can assure you that if the game had been on anything resembling a knife edge (e.g. needing their base to fall ASAP in order to claw back the win at the last second or sliver of health), I would have let the cap fall for the win or the kill go to whoever scalped the last tick of HP; but we were well ahead in every respect and we had the luxury of doing such a thing. 

I would not even have bothered to ask except that we were just 40 seconds away from capping them out (standard battle) when the enemy CV became visible and I thought why not? If he'd managed to stay hidden, or well out of my gun range, this would never have come up. Nor was he a danger to any of my players; his squadrons were going out depleted and our only remaining DD was an Akizuki, who was murdering the planes as quickly as they could launch.