You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Armada: Z-35

19 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,524 posts
13,889 battles

A Captain’s guide to using the Tier VIII German destroyer.

Read it on the portal

[NSS]
Beta Testers
12 posts
18,155 battles

I'm sorry Folks, but I am not going to shell out $40  for 6 km torps at TierVIII...

I will stick with Z-39 with 8.5 km torps at Tier VII

Edited by Claude_Badly
  • Cool 4

[EASY]
[EASY]
Members
103 posts

Utterly useless DD -- 6km torps and not the best guns against Russian Cruisers with 12km radar and US cruisers with 10km -- you wont get close enough to use torps and only a [edited] would believe he can win that gunfight, guess your designers bring plastic wiffle bats to a baseball game and wonder how they lose.

• Cool 1

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,295 posts

I like the idea... but i am very dissapointed as i was expecting Sovietzkaia Rossiya and Littorio in a bundle...

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,295 posts
1 minute ago, 504_RedDevil said:

Utterly useless DD -- 6km torps and not the best guns against Russian Cruisers with 12km radar and US cruisers with 10km -- you wont get close enough to use torps and only a [edited] would believe he can win that gunfight, guess your designers bring plastic wiffle bats to a baseball game and wonder how they lose.

she is not meant to use torps... it is somekind of friesland on t8.

Shoot at smoked place and shoot outside radar range = 14km.

• Meh 2

[EASY]
[EASY]
Members
103 posts

She has Brit short-timed smoke - good luck with that hiding and firing - love to see you play that Z-35 in random and give it a go

[EASY]
[EASY]
Members
103 posts
33 minutes ago, Felipe_1982 said:

she is not meant to use torps... it is somekind of friesland on t8.

Shoot at smoked place and shoot outside radar range = 14km.

Short smoke, NO SPEED BOOST, HE doesn't do crude for damage, yeah, that seems to be a great ideal , spam HE for 30 seconds, do a few thousand damage and try to run for you life , not to mention its 6.2km detect , every DD out there sees you so cant even hunt DDs with it... its a joyous ship..... quit drinking WG Kool-aid Felipe

• Cool 2

[FFLY]
Members
183 posts
13,702 battles

I can't wait to see how many are in random battles when I get home from work.

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,295 posts
14 minutes ago, 504_RedDevil said:

Short smoke, NO SPEED BOOST, HE doesn't do crude for damage, yeah, that seems to be a great ideal , spam HE for 30 seconds, do a few thousand damage and try to run for you life , not to mention its 6.2km detect , every DD out there sees you so cant even hunt DDs with it... its a joyous ship..... quit drinking WG Kool-aid Felipe

I am not defending Wg, i just think it is the same playstyle, and not meant to hunt DD either. 

For me it is a farm ship...

Flamuu played a match with it. I seen what he thinks of that ship.

As someone said in another topic, there will be players having fun with the ship.

Maybe me? I dont know, i will pass her right now to get (maybe) in the future...

• Cool 1

[AZUR1]
Members
96 posts
3,169 battles
57 minutes ago, Felipe_1982 said:

I like the idea... but i am very dissapointed as i was expecting Sovietzkaia Rossiya and Littorio in a bundle...

agree

• Cool 2

[DOG]
Members
1,107 posts
11,769 battles

So...as far as I can tell:

• decent HP pool for tier VIII DD
  • guns:
    • good reload
    • usual German anemic damage numbers with HE, even though it probably has good penetration
    • poor chance of causing a fire with HE
    • usual problems with German 128mm AP - overpens on DDs, and not quite enough penetration against most other ships.  So you will almost never see full damage
    • sloooowww turret traverse for a DD, to the point of being painful
  • not an especially fast ship.  Sort of middle of the road.
  • meh concealment, but supposedly fast reload on smoke generator with extra charge(s), but with typical German short duration
  • AA looks pathetic.  While that's true of pretty much any non-Halland DD, this one looks particularly worthless
  • has hydro.  Can't find the range anywhere, but probably 5 km
  • torpedoes
    • okay damage for tier VIII, but nothing to write home about
    • reasonably decent reload speed
    • speed of torps is adequate
    • range of torps is pathetic, especially since you can expect to be thrown into tier X matches

So I guess you're supposed to sit in smoke and use guns, with the torpedoes only used to deter people from rushing your smoke.  Unless there is some hidden feature that only shows up in a game mechanic that doesn't lend itself to numeric quantification, I can't see spending money on this thing.

Edit:  Okay, just watched Zoup's video review.  Basically, you're supposed to take AFT, BFT, and DE, and sit in smoke and spam HE at 14.5 km.  With SI, it can have 7 charges for the smoke generator.  Your smoke lasts 40 seconds, with a 60 second reload.  So you basically have 20 seconds between smoke charges.  The 14.5 km range puts you outside radar range, and the guns are still reasonably accurate at max range.  So you can use it like a Smolensk, but with 7 charges for the smoke.  The drawback , as I see it, is that you will need someone else on your team to spot for you, so you are effectively removing a DD from your team.

Edited by zubalkabir
  • Cool 1

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
1,661 posts
8,800 battles

So a DD with garbage AA and short range torps in a CV + Radar Meta.

Great idea, WG. *eyeroll*

• Cool 1

[EASY]
[EASY]
Members
103 posts
22 hours ago, Tigermaus said:

Cossack would take this thing to the woodshed.

If you think the Cossack will work it over badly, imagine the KIDD, better guns, better AA, better smoke and it CAN HEAL too -- and usable torps outside of COOP .

Edited by 504_RedDevil

[KILLU]
Banned
24 posts
1,157 battles

Yet more garbage they release that people can buy with real money instead of oh I don't know making new maps, creating new game modes, fixing matchmaking so coop does not have 1-3 players and 15-17 NPC's actually doing something about the people cheating in game and for people who hate PVP and enjoy PVE making the game far less grindy.

If all your going to do is release stuff like this instead of listening to all of the players and not just the ones you want too and ignoring the rest then players are going to stop spending money on premium and when their premium is gone they will be as well and they make up a much larger part of your subscription base then you realize, yet...

[KMS]
Beta Testers
116 posts
16,548 battles

At last another real ship instead of a paper ship. Too bad it is totally useless at most everything a tier 8 dd should be able to do. Sure not spending real money on a dd that looks like its supposed to be a gunboat dd and yet it cant manuever and use its guns at the same time. At least its based on a famous dd whose only claim to fame was getting sunk by mines while trying to lay mines. Pure genius.

[A-D-F]
Members
374 posts
14,150 battles

So basically it is a tier 8 Maass (a tier 7 tech tree German DD) with UK DD smoke and improved base reload speed on 128mm guns.

The biggest deal breakers are:
only 6 km torpedoes. ( tier 5 T-22 has 7~7.5 km torpedoes that hit for the same 13.7k damage )
lack of speed boost
only 5 km hydro while Loyang and Siliwangi have 5.5 km hydro
main guns are not DP and AA is mediocre ( at least could have "padded" the AA stats to make a ship "interesting", like T-22.... maybe even included the Def AA as an option instead of a speed boost, if it had it... ) 

Heck, Lightning is much better DD hunter/ cap contest-er than  Z-35 will ever be and the best part it is tech tree ship. ( until it gets nerf-ed... looks at Jutland notes in a dev. blog )