You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Markk9

Ranked T9 3v3, what ships to use?

41 comments in this topic

[BB35]
Members
489 posts
3,392 battles

I have Izumo, Musashi, Benham, Georgia, Alsace, Brindisi.  I'm going to give the Benham and Georgia a good try.

Beta Testers
775 posts
2,984 battles

Georgia for try-hard superiority and money, any T9 you are grinding otherwise. Ranked Sprint is a lot of XP.

[CVLUL]
WoWS Community Contributors
3,368 posts
13,219 battles

3v3 at T9?

Neustrashimy.

They better spread out so I dont yolo them like this:  

3x of most ships arent going to be able to stop that.  Easy way to save stars if applicable.

Getting matched against a DD.  Neustra can have the HP pool of a CA quite easily.  DDs that are hard to kill is really good.

Good guns and better torps, and awesome concealment round out the package.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[AXANR]
Members
3,597 posts
21,671 battles

When are we getting 3v3 tier 9? I can't find info on this anywhere. I loved the 1v1 season, 3v3 would be fun. 

[BB35]
Members
489 posts
3,392 battles
28 minutes ago, poeticmotion said:

When are we getting 3v3 tier 9? I can't find info on this anywhere. I loved the 1v1 season, 3v3 would be fun. 

Ranked sprint

Update 0.9.7 brings with it a new Ranked Sprint with a 3 vs. 3 format, playing Tier IX ships. (NOT TESTED IN THIS PTS)

Members
778 posts
3,872 battles

Mogador might be a good pick, considering the harassing and YOLO potential. Otherwise, it's either Kitakaze or Neustrashimy.

For Cruisers, either Buffalo, Riga, or Dmitri Donskoi. Seattle and Neptune are going to be dark-horse choices, and that fire-breather, the Saint-Louis, may also be a good choice.

For Battleships, considering that this will be a close-in gun duel type fight, with very little in the way of farming or kiting potential, its either going to be Friedrich der Große or Sovetsky Soyuz. Iowa and Musashi are far too vulnerable in terms of citadel protection, and Jean Bart and Lion lack effective HP pools and damage output ( okay, maybe the Jean Bart, but that thing will get eaten ALIVE if there's a Kitakaze on the enemy team ). If Pommern gets released any time soon, that may also be great for the memes. 

Siegfried, Alaska, and Kronshtadt will be good for the may-mays too.

-Shrayes

Edited by Shrayes_Bhagavatula

[RLGN]
Members
13,730 posts
23,956 battles
1 hour ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

3v3 at T9?

Neustrashimy.

3x of most ships arent going to be able to stop that.  Easy way to save stars if applicable.

Getting matched against a DD.  Neustra can have the HP pool of a CA quite easily.  DDs that are hard to kill is really good.

Gonna be a hard pass.

Don’t have Nue, and according to someone in the game the last time I played it; I’m too stupid to use Kitakaze. (Not you Kuro, someone else whose handle I don’t recall.)

Fletcher... maaaaaaybee... since it and I see to get along reasonably well; but yeah; my positioning sense still sucks.

Don’t have FdG, and Georgia...

...why should I play a ship where RNG basically tells me to go arf myself, even when I shoot at broadside targets.

Same with Musashi.

Overmatch? Isn’t that a unicorn?

Of course; everyone else gets pens and citadels galore when shooting back at me, angled or not.

[INTEL]
Members
12,484 posts
34,658 battles

Kiti, it has the torps to take care of musashi and the guns to take care of any DD.

What about one of the supercruisers? It's going to be one of each ship type, right? 

[LANCE]
Members
748 posts
5,600 battles

3v3 at T9?

Neustrashimy.

Do you think Ostergotland would be a good substitute? Don’t have Neutrashimy. I have Friesland but struggle for dmg with it and not sure how good smoke will be as there’s a good chance of radar

[B_Y_F]
Members
506 posts
12,193 battles

3v3 at T9?

Neustrashimy.

LoL, Zombie pick. 

I think Tashkent can work the same way if you don't have this one. 

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,013 posts
16,146 battles

Alaska, Kronstadt, Missouri, or St. Louis (although sh'e more of a kiter) are my primary choices. Neptune with her concealment and excellent torpedoes is interesting but with the close in brawling required she likely won't last long. 

Members
4,055 posts
10,060 battles

My expectations (assuming MM does one of each class):

Battleship - Musashi for the overmatch, Soyuz for the close range accuracy and tankiness, maybe Georgia or JB

Cruiser: Alaska, Agir, and Siegfried for ‘lite’ BBs, maybe Buffalo for more DPM; probably going to see a few Kronstadts but not as many as previous t9 seasons

Destroyer: Neustrashimy for the heal, Kitakaze for 32mm HE pen. Expecting to see a number of Jutlands and Osters, and probably some Mogadors or Benhams as dark horse picks. 

And then of course you’re still going to see the occasional ‘any other ship’ pick, typically stock, because ‘it’s my only t9!’

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07

[SVF]
Members
1,574 posts
1,871 battles
1 hour ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

My expectations (assuming MM does one of each class):

Battleship - Musashi for the overmatch, Soyuz for the close range accuracy and tankiness, maybe Georgia or JB

Cruiser: Alaska, Agir, and Siegfried for ‘lite’ BBs, maybe Buffalo for more DPM; probably going to see a few Kronstadts but not as many as previous t9 seasons

Destroyer: Neustrashimy for the heal, Kitakaze for 32mm HE pen. Expecting to see a number of Jutlands and Osters, and probably some Mogadors or Benhams as dark horse picks. 

And then of course you’re still going to see the occasional ‘any other ship’ pick, typically stock, because ‘it’s my only t9!’

I'm thinking about Alsace (Which is mostly researched, just lacking the engine upgrade).

[SOV]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,868 posts
8,476 battles
1 hour ago, kishan99 said:

is Alaska a good pick?

I would think so, if I play a cruiser then it will be the Alaska. Radar and hydro, coupled with 36mm deck armor and those guns!

[DDMAF]
Members
2,808 posts
16,098 battles

It's SPRINT, guys. Literally any ship will do just fine.

• Meh 1

Members
2,886 posts
5,525 battles
2 hours ago, Bravo4zero said:

Do you think Ostergotland would be a good substitute? Don’t have Neutrashimy. I have Friesland but struggle for dmg with it and not sure how good smoke will be as there’s a good chance of radar

I love Friesland, but I think she's a terrible pick for 3 v 3. The lack of torpedoes and stealth makes it pretty much impossible to carry, and your primary DPM is smoke firing, which you cannot do without teammates spotting. 

• Cool 1

[LANCE]
Members
748 posts
5,600 battles
1 hour ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

I love Friesland, but I think she's a terrible pick for 3 v 3. The lack of torpedoes and stealth makes it pretty much impossible to carry, and your primary DPM is smoke firing, which you cannot do without teammates spotting. 

Good point mate! Oster has pretty good stealth (5.9), guns, heal and the torps are pretty useable (fast with pretty good range). Probably take that with Fletcher as a backup.

Good luck mate! It’ll be an interesting season I’m sure

[CVLUL]
WoWS Community Contributors
3,368 posts
13,219 battles
3 hours ago, Bravo4zero said:

Ostergotland wouldnt be a choice I'd want to take for 3v3.  Maybe if you were seeing teams of 2x BBs minimum, but even then you arent removing them quickly from the game with that ship.  What I did with that rush couldnt be done with the much softer hitting torps Oster has.

Let me break it down this way.

3v3 you are going to need something to scout.  It could be a DD, could be radar, you are going to want something that can damage all classes reliably.  A lot of ships get weeded out by this.  For most people CAs or BBs will be the way to go.  They can take more abuse, and deal damage to everything more readily.  Most DDs struggle dealing with CAs.  Ask yourself for example, if you have to kill a healthy CA to win and you have to be in a DD, what do you want to be in?  

Toss all that if you are grinding.  Ranked isnt really super serious, and I dont find issue grinding a T9 ship or a captain for this.  Just focus on playing as well as you can in the ship.

• Cool 1

Members
773 posts
5,403 battles

No CVs at T9 so I’ll be rocking Mogador. With RPF she can neutralize pretty much any DD and only really worry about railgun cruisers. T9 is a fun tier when pure. There are lots of strong and varied ships there.

Edited by KnifeInUrNeck
  • Cool 2

[SEALZ]
Members
840 posts
7,921 battles

It’ll probably be one big mosh pit brawl. Honestly I think Georgia is too squishy for that. Yeah her secondaries and guns are great, but god help you if you try to joust and angle too little.

[FAE]
Members
2,585 posts
3,420 battles
5 hours ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

Ostergotland wouldnt be a choice I'd want to take for 3v3.  Maybe if you were seeing teams of 2x BBs minimum, but even then you arent removing them quickly from the game with that ship.  What I did with that rush couldnt be done with the much softer hitting torps Oster has.

Let me break it down this way.

3v3 you are going to need something to scout.  It could be a DD, could be radar, you are going to want something that can damage all classes reliably.  A lot of ships get weeded out by this.  For most people CAs or BBs will be the way to go.  They can take more abuse, and deal damage to everything more readily.  Most DDs struggle dealing with CAs.  Ask yourself for example, if you have to kill a healthy CA to win and you have to be in a DD, what do you want to be in?  

Toss all that if you are grinding.  Ranked isnt really super serious, and I dont find issue grinding a T9 ship or a captain for this.  Just focus on playing as well as you can in the ship.

so which DDs can take care of a cruiser? 

I doubt Neustrashimy would take it in a gun fight. Do you assume you can yolo things every time? 

Would Kitakaze with its firepower be a good choice for this sprint? 

What about Fletcher? 

Members
1,521 posts

bringing Kitikaze (RoF) and Buffalo (radar), my only two choices at T9, planning on getting the Alaska...3 vs 3 Sprint should be fun...:Smile_coin: