Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DesRon_29

PT is a disaster, don't bother.

22 comments in this topic

[IRNBN]
Members
19 posts
167 battles

Don't even bother trying on the PT server right now. Completely borked.

Port transactions don't complete, client crashes half the time on game loading, post-battle servicing doesn't work.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,498 posts
10,989 battles

and Wg wonders why we see them as a joke, they cant even get the Public Test to work right, cant exactly test anything if you arent able to play

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[WORX]
Members
9,823 posts
17,782 battles

Its call a testing server for a reason, if you're not in it to test then yes stay away...

Every patch in PTS had some form of bugs. Nothing new there.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 3

[DBRIS]
Members
553 posts
10,255 battles
4 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Its call a testing server for a reason, if you're not in it to test then yes stay away...

Every patch in PTS had some form of bugs. Nothing new there.

THIS

Better to blow it up in testing than have it go live. It's alpha/beta testing. You should expect weirdness. You are expected to be observant and convey what you find to the developers. It isn't just an alternate game.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[RLGN]
Members
13,730 posts
23,956 battles
24 minutes ago, ItsSubmersible said:

THIS

Better to blow it up in testing than have it go live. It's alpha/beta testing. You should expect weirdness. You are expected to be observant and convey what you find to the developers. It isn't just an alternate game.

Pretty much.

Guess I’ll have to pay extra attention if a mess like this has shown up. Usually don’t have much trouble on the PT.

[GOB]
Members
1,727 posts

I just logged into PT and everything is just fine so far..........

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
14,570 posts
1 minute ago, Col_Nasty said:

I just logged into PT and everything is just fine so far..........

I wonder if the PT server was just having a moment...

Any, if someone does have issues, post them to the Bug thread I linked.

[CO-OP]
Members
1,251 posts
23,396 battles

I just played half a dozen games on PTS with no issues.

[SYN]
Members
5,875 posts
13,296 battles
3 hours ago, DesRon_29 said:

Don't even bother trying on the PT server right now. Completely borked.

Port transactions don't complete, client crashes half the time on game loading, post-battle servicing doesn't work.

Don't need the PT server for that.

Tried to sell a ship earlier today on the live server.  Instead it duplicated the Kirov.  I literally have two Kirovs in my port right now, in two completely separate slots, one in the Russian field, and the other in I think the American field.

EDIT:  After logging in later in the day, the problem has apparently cleared itself.  Just one Kirov now.

Edited by Kuckoo

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
14,570 posts
13 minutes ago, JaysUsedBoatParts said:

Are ships to be tested before release on the pts server so we can all play test them?

No, that's one of the flaws for PTS still -- no access to try out new ships, premium ships.  

It would certainly draw more participation, and I need to add it to my list of "how to get more people on PTS" suggestions, I forgot it earlier.  

• Cool 1

Members
708 posts
953 battles
11 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

No, that's one of the flaws for PTS still -- no access to try out new ships, premium ships.  

It would certainly draw more participation, and I need to add it to my list of "how to get more people on PTS" suggestions, I forgot it earlier.  

That would be awesome and maybe add a follow up pole along with discussion here on NA about our experiences play testing the pre release WIP ships. 

Edited by JaysUsedBoatParts

[ARGSY]
Members
18,825 posts
13,119 battles
12 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

From time to time this does happen.

They've offered up the Shinonome a few times as a fill-in for an event reward ship, probably to encourage people to get themselves at least one T8 and go chasing for her in her campaign. I used one of those events to confirm that yes, she really was worth the chasing for. 

When they were doing the PTS for the patch that introduced the Research Bureau, you could (with sufficient effort) unlock the Italian cruisers when they weren't even in early bird pre-release. We were ALL beta testers then.

And during the Soviet cruisers event, the PTS let you unlock and play the Texas, Okt Rev, Marblehead and Oleg. The Okt Rev is just about the only coal ship below Tier 9 that I don't yet have, and being able to play with her for a few battles confirmed my impression that she really is just the arithmetical average of the Gangut and Izmail, and not worth the coal (for me). So that saved me 50,000 coal that I can now put toward something else.

For me it's enough that I can grab some flags and camos as low-hanging fruit and try out new builds for ships and captains I already have. The thing they do now, whereby if you complete directives across three PTS iterations you get a free Tier 6 premium ship and a 10 point captain with her, is a very juicy cherry on top. 

[WOLFG]
Members
760 posts

There were problems with PTS yesterday, but they seem to have been fixed now.  That is the what PTS is for.  I really like PTS.  Gives you a chance to play new ships, builds etc. and get a few nice rewards in the process.  The seasonal directives are too grindy since now they force you to grind two different types of ships to complete them.   I also find the game play in Randoms much more fun.  People are more aggressive.  It's more like playing CoOP.  Charge!!

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
14,570 posts
2 hours ago, JaysUsedBoatParts said:

That would be awesome and maybe add a follow up pole along with discussion here on NA about our experiences play testing the pre release WIP ships. 

The suggestion thread I created for improving PTS participation:

[WOLFG]
Members
760 posts
2 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

The suggestion thread I created for improving PTS participation:

Personally, I think the reasons participation is low is because of two things:

1.  You have to download a  completely new version.  It takes up computer resources, downloading time (which for some reason has gotten worse), etc.  I've heard Clan mates say they've had nothing but problems with it so they don't bother.

2.  WG DOESN'T LISTEN.   WG doesn't care what you think at this point.  The development time has been put in and we are going to get it no matter what we think.  This is a 'bug' tester instance, period.  The Elites have already given the blessing and we are now just along for the ride.  So for some people, why bother.

Edited by Captain_Rawhide

[CO-OP]
Members
1,251 posts
23,396 battles

The only reason I don't play PTS very much is the time investment required to achieve anything approaching a decent perk is just too much considering what's going on on the live server.

Members
1,159 posts
33 battles
21 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

These are literally basic UI features that are completely broken. Something you do not expect to encounter in a game that is over 5 years old at this point.

And frankly if you have this many basic and severe errors then the version is not ready for even community testing as it severely hampers the testing process.
One has to wonder whether WG actually employs QA staff at this point. As someone who does this professionally I am appalled.

[NSC]
Supertester
2,320 posts
4 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

From time to time this does happen.

They've offered up the Shinonome a few times as a fill-in for an event reward ship, probably to encourage people to get themselves at least one T8 and go chasing for her in her campaign. I used one of those events to confirm that yes, she really was worth the chasing for. 

When they were doing the PTS for the patch that introduced the Research Bureau, you could (with sufficient effort) unlock the Italian cruisers when they weren't even in early bird pre-release. We were ALL beta testers then.

And during the Soviet cruisers event, the PTS let you unlock and play the Texas, Okt Rev, Marblehead and Oleg. The Okt Rev is just about the only coal ship below Tier 9 that I don't yet have, and being able to play with her for a few battles confirmed my impression that she really is just the arithmetical average of the Gangut and Izmail, and not worth the coal (for me). So that saved me 50,000 coal that I can now put toward something else.

For me it's enough that I can grab some flags and camos as low-hanging fruit and try out new builds for ships and captains I already have. The thing they do now, whereby if you complete directives across three PTS iterations you get a free Tier 6 premium ship and a 10 point captain with her, is a very juicy cherry on top. 

I still think testing prem ships is very rare (though I am appreciative of the opportunities that do exist). Most of the examples you gave are premium ships that are or have been earnable for free. (To be exact, all but Oleg, a T3, are freemiums. Shinonome is available from the "Honorable Service" campaign, Texas was available during Independence Day 2019 and has been the reward for at least 2 Twitch Prime offers, Okt. Rev. was available for free in October 2017 and is free now in the Armory for coal, and Marblehead is also free now in the Armory for coal.) I don't want to belittle the value of "free" premiums or low-tier premiums, though I do feel players could be more benefited testing higher-tiered non-"freemium" premiums. It's great that testing these premium ships has informed your purchasing decisions and saved you coal. Don't you want to be able to know you are using your hard-earned cash on an experience you already know you will like?

[WORX]
Members
9,823 posts
17,782 battles
3 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

These are literally basic UI features that are completely broken. Something you do not expect to encounter in a game that is over 5 years old at this point.

And frankly if you have this many basic and severe errors then the version is not ready for even community testing as it severely hampers the testing process.
One has to wonder whether WG actually employs QA staff at this point. As someone who does this professionally I am appalled.

I played a lot of battles last night... I haven't experianced any problems, yet.

Sign in to follow this