You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Bingo

Implacable Bombs Suck

12 comments in this topic

[ICEY]
Members
157 posts
4,756 battles

Is it just me or Implacable bombs are just underpowered weapons when you compare them to other tier 8 cvs? Most of bomb drops I make on a BB will either miss or fail to pen on a perfectly lined up drop. Most of the bombs miss on smaller ships like cruisers. Tier 8 aa really hurts if you're not careful and making it past 2 drops is far too risky. Is it time to actually buff this CV? I propose to make the aiming reticle smaller or increase the pen of the bombs. What do you guys think?

• Cool 2

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,321 posts
19,456 battles

As it turns out, I have a signature image on this very topic.

Edited by Edgecase
  • Funny 1

[-BUI-]
Members
2,021 posts
5,668 battles

They aren't designed to pen, they are designed to start fires.

I never liked this CV much either, my biggest issue was the lacking torpedo power with only 2 torps per drop, feels like the same torps Furious was using at T6.

I've been interested in playing Audacious for awhile, but I just can't bring myself to play Implacable when I'd rather play any other T8 CV first.

[WOLF3]
Members
26,963 posts
23,767 battles

I got Implacable during the RNCV pre-release event, complete with the event perma-camo for her.  I quickly learned to dislike her despite the newness of the RNCVs at the time.

Her HE Bombers really suck.  They're poor in HE Pen, as is typical with RNCVs.  Even worse, she doesn't drop enough bombs to make even a fair amount of hits.  If you can't even make a decent amount of hits, then you can't even stick fires well.

The HE Pen only improves when you hit Audacious, where she moves up from 32mm Pen of Implacable to 41mm, and from 27% fire chance to 35%, as well as dropping more bombs.

[PSV]
Privateers, Supertester
761 posts
6,203 battles

Implac is just awful

[WOLFG]
Members
28,893 posts
8,143 battles

I call her "HMS Incapable"...

I don't mind playing it though. TBH, I find the bombers more useful against DDs than Lexington's. All you need is to get the lead right, and you're pretty much guaranteed some hits, whereas with Lexi, it's either feast or famine.

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,295 posts
1 hour ago, Admiral_Bingo said:

Is it just me or Implacable bombs are just underpowered weapons when you compare them to other tier 8 cvs? Most of bomb drops I make on a BB will either miss or fail to pen on a perfectly lined up drop. Most of the bombs miss on smaller ships like cruisers. Tier 8 aa really hurts if you're not careful and making it past 2 drops is far too risky. Is it time to actually buff this CV? I propose to make the aiming reticle smaller or increase the pen of the bombs. What do you guys think?

It is the worse bomber on T6 and T8 altogether... Indomitable is much better. Furious has better bombs.

that was my worst carrier (just winning from GZ)

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,430 posts
6,475 battles

RN DBs...    Very RNG dependent, Because they need to set fires,   but also very underrated for what they are capable of on lighter targets, CLs & DDs. Everyone wants to constantly target the BBs with them... but these are really dangerous for lightly armored targets, because of the amount of bombs dropped, albeit tricky to time.  The rockets and the TBs are not as bad as some think however, because they both have tremendous maneuverability and short aiming times, which gives them a lot of utility.  I really rushed through that CV line and didn't spend much time learning them...     I keep telling myself i'm going to go back through and play some of these lines and try and improve in them..   Its a bad habit of mine...   speed grinding to get to a T10 that I never play.  .    

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
15,855 posts
12,803 battles

Sadly, it's the most balanced of the T8 CVs.

• Meh 3

[HELLS]
Members
2,660 posts
27,026 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Bingo said:

...so do the torpedo bombers and torpedoes...worst at T8....the bombers are useable but the damage levels are so low that you waste planes for nothing. I don't have trouble hitting the target, but what the hell for?

[WOLF6]
Members
1,849 posts
5,553 battles
2 hours ago, Zenn3k said:

They aren't designed to pen, they are designed to start fires.

I never liked this CV much either, my biggest issue was the lacking torpedo power with only 2 torps per drop, feels like the same torps Furious was using at T6.

I've been interested in playing Audacious for awhile, but I just can't bring myself to play Implacable when I'd rather play any other T8 CV first.

Pretty much this.

They are almost designed to miss/shatter more than they hit. Superstructure only. If you torch them they'll DCP then you follow up with yum yum floods with torps.

[CLUMP]
Members
795 posts
1,150 battles
5 hours ago, MrDeaf said:

Sadly, it's the most balanced of the T8 CVs.

So in your opinion, CVs have to be useless to be balance typical :Smile_sceptic: