You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

Aren't Sharn, Odin and Tirp Commanders interchangeable??

24 comments in this topic

[GOB]
Members
2,738 posts

Was going over my new Ship and looks like I could use the 19pt commander build I have for the other 2 and it would be just fine.

PT, HA, AR, SI, BFT, AFT, MFC 

Thoughts? 

Col Standing by.

Edited by Col_Nasty

[UNHLY]
Members
5,074 posts
14,222 battles

Odin has good secondaries so a secondary spec commander would work well if you want to use it. I’d swap out SE for SI (assuming that’s not a typo), and personally I’m using EM for even faster traverse but EM/HA/JoaT is up to you. 

[WOLFD]
Members
103 posts
7,281 battles

I don't see why it would be an issue. I have a 19 pointer with the same skill sets that I regularly swap between Tirpitz, Bismark, and Scharnhorst. I would think he would work just as well in Odin as well. Hopefully I will know for certain by the end of today.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

I have a single 19pt captain I use on all my German premium BBs to generate ECXP -- he's actually my Gneisenau captain. 

This allows me to retrain moved captains and train up new captains in the first few skills almost at will.  I'm back up to 500k ECXP, I should probably finish another of my almost-19-pt captains to add to the compounding effect.  

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
813 posts
6,353 battles

No 19 pointers yet but am using my 15pt Bismark capt in Scharnhorst and Odin. If I get Tirpitz I'll rotate him in there too.

[SOFOP]
Members
2,490 posts
15,423 battles

If you have Tirpitz and Scharn....is Odin worth the 3500 doubloons?  That's the position I'm in at the moment.  I rarely play t8 unless I have to for ranked or something and it seems that Tirpitz would be just as good and maybe a little better at everything Odin would do....except maybe for speed.

[SNGNS]
Members
611 posts
7,045 battles
6 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

If you have Tirpitz and Scharn....is Odin worth the 3500 doubloons?  That's the position I'm in at the moment.  I rarely play t8 unless I have to for ranked or something and it seems that Tirpitz would be just as good and maybe a little better at everything Odin would do....except maybe for speed.

also hydro and reload, of course Odin is something you should think about very hard,  but its not as bad as most make it out to be. LWMs think made me want to pick it up at least. (but maybe im just a sucker)

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,808 posts
21,738 battles

SE is a waste on a battleship.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

I didn't notice the SE... don't use SE on BB captains.  

If you want a 3pt survival skill on a BB captain, BoS is better.  Compare the max damage from a fire or flood 

• SE adds 3500 HP to a tier 10 ship. 
  • BoS cuts the damage from each full duration fire by almost that much, and each flood by more than that much, by reducing the duration, AND makes other repairs faster.  

To me that's a no-brainer. 

[GOB]
Members
2,738 posts
10 minutes ago, Lert said:

SE is a waste on a battleship.

55 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Odin has good secondaries so a secondary spec commander would work well if you want to use it. I’d swap out SE for SI (assuming that’s not a typo), and personally I’m using EM for even faster traverse but EM/HA/JoaT is up to you. 

14 minutes ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

Why in the world are you using SE on BB's? That is an absurd waste of 3 points.

Typo . meant  SI :Smile_hiding:

[A-I-M]
Members
4,084 posts
15,213 battles
25 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

...and it seems that Tirpitz would be just as good and maybe a little better at everything Odin would do....except maybe for speed.

And for hydro.

[SOFOP]
Members
2,490 posts
15,423 battles

It was funny because I had 2900 doubloons and I'm like....well I'm 600 short, should I spend a little to get it....naw.

Then, as if sent from above, a random guy puts a bounty on his friend in a game and says he will give doubloons if someone kills him.  Bam. Get a gift of 500 doubloons and then find another code for 100...its almost as if its fate.  Not really much else that I'd spend 3500 doubloons on....

[GOB]
Members
2,738 posts

19 minutes ago, TobTorp said:

also hydro and reload, of course Odin is something you should think about very hard,  but its not as bad as most make it out to be. LWMs think made me want to pick it up at least. (but maybe im just a sucker)

26 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

I also saw Ms. Mouses comments.  3500 dubs is pretty cheap for a T-8 Premium.   Another Premium and another snowflake as I see it.    The secondaries are better as well.

[SNGNS]
Members
611 posts
7,045 battles
8 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

I also saw Ms. Mouses comments.  3500 dubs is pretty cheap for a T-8 Premium.   Another Premium and another snowflake as I see it.    The secondaries are better as well.

also the first german bb with torps and hydro! TOGETHER!

[RLGN]
Members
16,232 posts
28,122 battles
6 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

9 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

It was funny because I had 2900 doubloons and I'm like....well I'm 600 short, should I spend a little to get it....naw.

3,500 doubs for Odin?

For those phase boosts? Or to ‘finish with doubloons?

In any case; finished for Odin last night with a pretty decent (for Co-op) game in Montana. (Citadels and Fires.)

(Better than my first game, where some cowardly piece of organic byproducts in a full health Salem ran away from a nearly dead H4, getting me torped as a result.)

Not really sure where things are right now...

I think my (former) Bismark driver is in GkF?

My cruiser main may be in Scharnhorst; or is perhaps in Prinz, or back in Konigsburg.

Will probably just use the award captain that came with Odin in it.

In any case x2; outside the three boosts at the beginning, I completed the Odin dockyard almost entirely in Co-op; spamming games for UUs and the new Campaign, with just a bit of scenario work thrown in because Ark Royal loves Killer Whale.

[PVE]
Members
13,981 posts
29,530 battles
1 hour ago, Col_Nasty said:

Was going over my new Ship and looks like I could use the 19pt commander build I have for the other 2 and it would be just fine.

Thoughts? 

Col Standing by.

I run my GK Capt (Lütjens) on all the premiums. He is full secondary build. Works fine.

• Tirpitz
  • Tirpitz B
  • Odin
  • Scharnhorst
  • Scharnhorst B
  • Prinz Eitel Friedrich

I even use him on Agir even though the range is only 8km (good enough for Co-op). I am considering giving him a go on Graf Zeppelin and Graf Zeppelin B as the planes are so bad the best weapon on the CV is the secondary guns LOL. :cap_rambo:

[COSTA]
Members
238 posts
9,003 battles

I have a full secondary Lutjens I run on Bismarck, Odin, Scharnhorst, Siegfried, and GZ.

I realize it’s not the most competitive but it’s fun when the reload bonus activates.

Edited by DM31

[COSTA]
Members
238 posts
9,003 battles
1 minute ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I am considering giving him a go on Graf Zeppelin and Graf Zeppelin B as the planes are so bad the best weapon on the CV is the secondary guns LOL. :cap_rambo:

Go for it.  When secondary hits don’t require a BB it works the best for me.  Plus it brings out the salt in your coop teammates.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
4 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I run my GK Capt (Lütjens) on all the premiums. He is full secondary build. Works fine.

• Tirpitz
  • Tirpitz B
  • Odin
  • Scharnhorst
  • Scharnhorst B
  • Prinz Eitel Friedrich

I even use him on Agir even though the range is only 8km (good enough for Co-op). I am considering giving him a go on Graf Zeppelin and Graf Zeppelin B as the planes are so bad the best weapon on the CV is the secondary guns LOL. :cap_rambo:

I use my Hindenburg captain on Agir, because he has LS.

With him on the Agir, the secondaries are at 6.7km, which is still good enough for Co-op and gets me plenty of hits on bot DDs etc. 

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,211 posts
12,875 battles

I would think the only difference would be manual secondaries. I thought Odin got improved accuracy like mass, Georgia and Ohio?

[WOLFC]
Members
2,808 posts
11,345 battles
2 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

Thoughts? 

Col Standing by.

From my experience playing Scharnhorst and Bismarck, the build looks pretty decent.

I would run PT, AR, SI, AFT, MFCSA, FP, and PM for a secondary build, personally. I don’t find the 10% secondary DPM buff from BFT to be worth the three points, especially in the place of Fire Prevention. PM is also nice to keep your torpedo tubes alive longer (especially if you take the secondary mod in slot 1), which on Scharnhorst and Tirpitz (as well as Gneisenau) are adjacent to the superstructure amidships where they take damage from a lot of HE shells. 

Another skill to consider would be EL. I find the skill very useful on Scharnhorst, with her 283mm guns that struggle against angled targets. And while I don’t have Odin (yet), from what I’ve gathered she has similar issues with her 305mm guns.

Edited by Nevermore135