You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Drifter_X

Mod to stop gold spending?

22 comments in this topic

[WOLF3]
Members
615 posts
12,115 battles

I just noticed today that I am missing about 750 gold. Is there a mod to stop the bleeding? I have been so carefull for half a year and its been ruined again. Honestly, i should just spend it all before it dissapears. I have been watching all my camo and flags for empty or low levels and all in game currency is off now. I guess im just livid because I have worked hard to save it and every once in a while something like this happens.

[PYK]
Beta Testers
211 posts
2,734 battles

If it magically disappears, you should contact tech support as your account might have been hacked.

If it's spent on consumables, make sure you uncheck the "resupply with in-game currency" for your auto-resupply in signal flags and camouflage. It might also be caused by your auto-renewal of premium account time. If that's the case, disable it.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,146 posts
4,345 battles

Only automatic deduction now is for camo and possibly signals. Doublecheck your signals and camo on all ships make sure the resupply with ingame currency is unchecked, and autoresupply for a doubloon camo is not selected. If you can't figure out what happened submit a ticket asking what happened to them. You're probably not going to get it back, but at least you know what happened.

There is a mod called Thrifty by Default. It's in both the official modpack and Aslains. It sets all values in game to credits, not doubloons. Not sure if it would help in your situation, but it doesn't hurt.

Also, 750 is less than $5 bucks worth of gold, not exactly a huge loss. So worse comes to worse it's a relatively cheap reminder to check everything out once in a while.

[XXX]
Members
663 posts
1,664 battles

There is a mod that's party of Aslain's modpack AND I think on the modstation. You want "stingy by defaut" which auto-unchecks the 'replace with ingame currency' which is, rather annoyingly, autochecked by default, leading to situations like this where you end up spending doubloons on flags..

[WOLF3]
Members
615 posts
12,115 battles

No, its likely built in by design. I found the stingy mod, which will help some i guess. Thanks for the feedback so far.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,614 posts
13 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Only automatic deduction now is for camo and possibly signals. Doublecheck your signals and camo on all ships make sure the resupply with ingame currency is unchecked, and autoresupply for a doubloon camo is not selected. If you can't figure out what happened submit a ticket asking what happened to them. You're probably not going to get it back, but at least you know what happened.

There is a mod called Thrifty by Default. It's in both the official modpack and Aslains. It sets all values in game to credits, not doubloons. Not sure if it would help in your situation, but it doesn't hurt.

Also, 750 is less than $5 bucks worth of gold, not exactly a huge loss. So worse comes to worse it's a relatively cheap reminder to check everything out once in a while.

It's signals. Because they continue to automatically reset "pay with currency" every time you clear flags and reinstall. It's should NEVER default to pay with currency.

People seem to forget how badly WG screwed it's players early, with automatically switching to doubloons for consumables. 

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
16,327 posts
4,773 battles
29 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

750 is less than $5 bucks worth of gold,

$3, actually.  Even I can afford that.

16 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Only automatic deduction now is for camo and possibly signals.

Only economic signals can be purchased for Doubloons and they do NOT auto-enable.  Of camos, only Type 6 and Type 59 cost Doubloons and can be auto-purchased.  Auto-resupply and Use currency are persistent global flags but do NOT auto-enable.  If those are the causes of his bleeding gold, they are simple to discover.

[SNGNS]
Members
611 posts
7,045 battles

oh, also be careful with buying new tech tree ships, if you do not have a spare port slot, it will check a flag so that you automatically buy one with the ship. its 300 for one so maybe that's a problem for you.

• Cool 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
4 minutes ago, TobTorp said:

oh, also be careful with buying new tech tree ships, if you do not have a spare port slot, it will check a flag so that you automatically buy one with the ship. its 300 for one so maybe that's a problem for you.

There's also new captains and retraining captains to watch out for, IIRC. 

And selling ships that have Upgrades mounted. 

Edited by KilljoyCutter

[SNGNS]
Members
611 posts
7,045 battles
Just now, KilljoyCutter said:

There's also new captains and retraining captains to watch out for, IIRC. 

yeah, but i would say that that is an active choice (you need to actively click on the parts that cost dubs and their not preselected) but still, good point to watch out for.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,614 posts
32 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Only economic signals can be purchased for Doubloons and they do NOT auto-enable.  

Wrong.....

t4bFohD.jpg

You follow this path, and they will re-enable every time.

Finally after a year, they now have a pop-up warning, but it still does not clearly state DOUBLOONS. But then, it should never enable automatically AT ALL!

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
16,327 posts
4,773 battles
4 minutes ago, awiggin said:

You follow this path, and they will re-enable every time.

I don't have a Dismount All (do I?).  What does Reinstall Non-economic mean? Re-mount them?   Let me know and I'll try it out.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,614 posts
1 minute ago, iDuckman said:

I don't have a Dismount All (do I?).  What does Reinstall Non-economic mean? Re-mount them?   Let me know and I'll try it out.

Remove all flags. 

Put a non economic flag, like aa or ramming on.

Enable resupply.

Put an economic flag on....

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
16,327 posts
4,773 battles
2 hours ago, awiggin said:

But then, it should never enable automatically AT ALL!

Oo.  That's bad.  And no pop-up warning.

Has anyone filed a bug report?

Edited by iDuckman

Beta Testers
3,306 posts
26,945 battles
1 hour ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

I just safe keep mine in an old gym sock under the bed. 

Maybe under you pillow Joey ????

[4HIM]
Members
3,294 posts
15,686 battles

I've noticed a couple times after a patch the check box will default to being checked. Not every patch. But I have seen it a couple times. 

[BINGO]
Members
152 posts
9,296 battles

This could be an easy fix on Wargaming's part to show how much they appreciate and respect the player base............. 

[WOLFG]
Members
1,139 posts
1 hour ago, Willawaw said:

This could be an easy fix on Wargaming's part to show how much they appreciate and respect the player base............. 

They don't.  They care more about ripping you off than respect.  This situation has been going on for a long time and has been complained about over numerous threads.  

[WOLF3]
Members
615 posts
12,115 battles
4 hours ago, Captain_Rawhide said:

They don't.  They care more about ripping you off than respect.  This situation has been going on for a long time and has been complained about over numerous threads.  

This is my theory as well. There is every opportunity to have a lock/unlock feature in the top right, or a pop up menu that alerts or anything at all. They know that 50 gold for an ocean soul, or another economic flag is [edited], but they have it in the game with settings that do not do enough to alert spending.

Edited by Drifter_X

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,306 posts
On 7/16/2020 at 1:40 PM, Drifter_X said:

I just noticed today that I am missing about 750 gold. Is there a mod to stop the bleeding? I have been so carefull for half a year and its been ruined again. Honestly, i should just spend it all before it dissapears. I have been watching all my camo and flags for empty or low levels and all in game currency is off now. I guess im just livid because I have worked hard to save it and every once in a while something like this happens.

Arent you spending in flags and camos? Auto replenish?

[WOLF3]
Members
615 posts
12,115 battles
24 minutes ago, Felipe_1982 said:

Arent you spending in flags and camos? Auto replenish?

Yes, I believe I was, but used the auto demount mod to demount all my flags just in case. I also activated the stingy mod which unchecked all my replenishes that I thought I had monitored well.