Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
syp_twiz

Russian cruiser research points

9 comments in this topic

[NAVAL]
Members
90 posts
11,497 battles

why can you only use free XP to get the nevsky and Tallin? I have XP on the donskoi and Shchors, but none applies to the next ships to research them? 

[ARGSY]
Members
20,180 posts
14,348 battles

I assume by "I have XP on Donskoi and Shchors", you mean "I have more than enough to research the next ship"?

How much XP do you have on each?

Screenshots are needed, and a service ticket looks to be in your future if this checks out.

[-K-]
Members
8,360 posts
14,164 battles

None of them are FXP only.

I just unlocked Tallin the other day after grinding out enough XP on Shchors.

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
105 posts

I would grind the new ships if they gave like a free rental or 100% rebate on reselling the Donski and Schors, but I've already purchased and sold them once and don't want to spend the credits to do it twice. I would spend the free xp to research Kotevsky just to try it out if it was offered as a free rental or something, but don't really want to spend over 1 mil credits for a tier 5 I probably won't keep in port. All the new ships look interesting though.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,180 posts
14,348 battles

Also, while I hate to suggest such an obvious thing, have you researched the relevant prior module? I'm not in the game client right now, but IIRC Tallinn comes off Shchors's fire-control upgrade; and if (like me) you skipped the FCS module to get to the Moskva sooner, then you will need to get that done first. 

The same applies to the Donskoi B hull. This has to be researched before you can shoot for the Nevsky. Obviously if you got the Moskva before she went premium then by definition you MUST have completed the Donskoi B hull and all you need is the XP to unlock Nevsky.

And that brings us back to the question: how much have you got on Shchors and Donskoi? Tallinn requires 110,000 with Shchors's B fire control fully researched. Nevsky, as per @Dareios above, requires 240K.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[NAVAL]
Members
90 posts
11,497 battles

I had the russian Cruiser line done including Moskva before the split..  Tallin says 110K XP to research.. my Shchors had 0 XP, so i played for a while, got about 8K xp on it, Checked Tallin, still says 110k XP for research.. same with Donskoi , the XP requirement for research on the next ship does not change.. it always used to show you how much XP you needed minus what XP you already have towards it.. all my ships have all  the upgrades.. 

[NAVAL]
Members
90 posts
11,497 battles

i have the upgrades, i have XP, still says 240K either way... 

russiancv2.jpg

russiancv.jpg

Edited by syp_twiz

[NAVAL]
Members
90 posts
11,497 battles

I think i found the problem.. it no longer shows you how much XP you're short if you have enough free XP to get the next ship.. i really liked the old way where it showed you the deficit from the previous ship.. 

Sign in to follow this