You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GrandpaHatesYou

WOWs will help if your clan commander is AWOL, right?

37 comments in this topic

[WHEE]
Members
13 posts
8,978 battles

WOWs will help you if your clan commander is AWOL, incarcerated or dies, right? NOT!

This affects every clan. WOWs current policy is hands off.

Answer I got: “I regret to inform you that we can’t help you with this matter since do not interfere with the internal clan processes and management.” 

WOWS helping their core users again!

Please ask your commander to open a ticket with WOWs because if something bad befalls them, all of your hard work in your clan is for nothing.

Let me explain. If something happens to you as a commander, your clan is basically done. Knowing I was ill, I was smart and passed commander to an XO. I quickly got better but my temporary commander is AWOL. I ponied up for the clan and am on record as creating it. I covered my illness just in case. My clan is still screwed. The problem is there is no mechanism in place for the users to do anything to resolve this themselves. I was told the clan can run perfectly fine with XO’s, they have enough privileges. The problem is, do you want to work to build a clan that has no defined leader. Oh, I am really commander, the guy with title is just, well, we don’t know. Would you join and invest your time?

Edited by GrandpaHatesYou
  • Cool 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1

[1IF]
Banned
436 posts
1,421 battles

You would think Game companies would have some  mechanism to cover this eventuality - such as having Clan Officers have a  collective vote to change a Clan Commander should that RL person pass away (or for whatever reason the Clan Commander appears to have quit the game through a lengthy inaction). However, GrandpaHatesYou, don't hold your breath that WG will do anything about this conundrum.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[GOCRY]
Members
406 posts

This is such an easy fix too.  A guy takes no actions on behalf of his clan for, lets say a month, then a notice is sent to the clan that they have a period of time to choose a new clan leader.  The clan votes, and ta-da, New leader.  They can even vote to keep the old leader, because, you know, life happens and sometimes you just can’t play WOWS all the time.

• Cool 4

[KSE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,732 posts
17,355 battles

Steps to prevent losing control of your clan in the first place:

1.  Create a second Warships account and promote it to Commander.

2.  Give the password to the most active player that you trust in your clan.

3.  Tell that person to only use it to promote another to command in case of your death.

Honestly, Executive officers do 95% of the work in any clan, they can accept new players, boot old ones and promote people to recruiter or clan battle/brawl battle starter.  there is no need to promote an Executive officer to Commander in order to keep a clan running in the short to mid term.

Steps to recover a clan from an absent Commander:

1.  Notify Wows that you are the clan creator and that the person you appointed to Commander is afk.

2. Prepare to wait 90 days to pass from the Commanders last battle for them to promote you to Commander again.

This happened in my first clan RUST ( the clan base that --K-- is now using ), after the clan owner passed command to an XO after he changed jobs.  The XO vanished and we had to wait 90 days for WG to give one of our XO's the ability to be come the Commander.  Naturally the guy who had been ignoring us in a fit of pique for almost 120 days showed up the day after he got demoted by WG - typical.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 1

[WHEE]
Members
13 posts
8,978 battles

It has been 97 days, they refuse to get involved in internal clan matters per policy. I was just opened the response to yet another ticket, they said they are powerless to help. I call bovine excrement. They choose not to help.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
1 hour ago, Antean said:

You would think Game companies would have some  mechanism to cover this eventuality - such as having Clan Officers have a  collective vote to change a Clan Commander should that RL person pass away (or for whatever reason the Clan Commander appears to have quit the game through a lengthy inaction). However, GrandpaHatesYou, don't hold your breath that WG will do anything about this conundrum.

There was a nice game that was able to run for 6 or more years before that company fell onto bankruptcy from over stretching themselves in other games they had goin. The game was called Galaxy on Fire Alliances and if the leader was inactive for like 6 months or so the game’s support team could be petitioned to move a Senior Officer up to Leader position.

So the point is some gaming companies can and will do this, it’s just WG decades not to.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,735 posts

I think that WG is worried about getting burned by someone trying to scam control of a clan by claiming the leader died or disappeared.  

But there needs to be some sort of failsafe process so that clans don't go into limbo when something legitimately did happen.  

Members
174 posts
9,434 battles

MMORPGs deal with scammers/scammies ALL THE TIME as well as dealing with being lied to in ticket submissions.  There is litterally zero reasons why WG can't handle this one extreme and rare scenario.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,115 posts
4,088 battles

Interesting, I've heard of a couple cases where WG was able to step in and help out in situations like this. While I understand their concerns, it's odd that they're refusing to do anything.

Maybe @Hapa_Fodder can help out?

Members
6,858 posts
15,350 battles

Like others said, if a commander is inactive for 90 days, then WG will help you out. 

[WORX]
Members
10,635 posts
18,550 battles
4 hours ago, GrandpaHatesYou said:

WOWs will help you if your clan commander dies, right? NOT!

Answer I got: “I regret to inform you that we can’t help you with this matter since do not interfere with the internal clan processes and management.”

Please ask your commander to open a ticket with WOWs because if something bad befalls them, all of your hard work in your clan is for nothing.

Let me explain. If something happens to you as a commander, your clan is basically done. Knowing I was ill, I was smart and passed commander to an XO. I quickly got better but my temporary commander is AWOL. I ponied up for the clan and am on record as creating it. I covered my illness just in case. My clan is still screwed. The problem is there is no mechanism in place for the users to do anything to resolve this themselves. I was told the clan can run perfectly fine with XO’s, they have enough privileges. The problem is, do you want to work to build a clan that has no defined leader. Oh, I am really commander, the guy with title is just, well, we don’t know. Would you join and invest your time?

This is not true, not factual to how WG CS department fixes this issue...

My clan had a dead commander, I was nominated, sent a ticket to CS and within 4 hrs I had control.

In the forums, (depending where the forum posts are located), many clans fixed your issue with a simple Ticket to CS...

It doesn't matter for what reason the commander is no longer there... After 90 days, a replacement can be appointed by CS as long, as the clan are in agreement for the candidate to get the promotion...

So no your clan is not "Dead" or "screwed" once your commander leaves.. The remedy of asking CS for appointing a candidate does work.

Dont believe me ???

I call upon the CS representative @foodprinter To set the record straight...

Edited by Navalpride33

[KSE]
1,732 posts
17,355 battles

Wows-numbers shows WHEE's Commanders last battle played as April 10th, so you are just past 90 days from his last battle.  When did you start your request for transfer - I believe that's when the 90 clock started for us.  The clan is also relatively new, being started just over 7 months ago, that's awfully quick for this kind of thing to happen.

[WORX]
Members
10,635 posts
18,550 battles
7 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

Wows-numbers shows WHEE's Commanders last battle played as April 10th, so you are just past 90 days from his last battle.  When did you start your request for transfer - I believe that's when the 90 clock started for us.  The clan is also relatively new, being started just over 7 months ago, that's awfully quick for this kind of thing to happen.

Correction, the 90 day requirement is not from last battle, its from last login... April 10 may have been his last battle, it may not have been his last log in.

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,533 posts
13,903 battles

Folks,

So, I have literally helped out in a couple cases similar to this. If you received a standardized message as above, more than likely CS did not understand what you were trying to say to them.

Most times in cases such as this a player PMs myself and I will ask for the ticket number and we'll take a look at these things. That being said we DO have hard rules for clan issues, since in the past we HAVE had drama in clans that has made us tighten down a bit how much we get involved.

5 hours ago, GrandpaHatesYou said:

If you'd like to PM me, @foodprinter and I might be able to help.

But keep in mind, it's kind of difficult for us to verify if someone in the community passes away.

-Hapa

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

[PVE]
Members
6,154 posts
22,432 battles
On 7/16/2020 at 3:14 AM, GrandpaHatesYou said:

----> Please ask your commander to open a ticket with WOWs because if something bad befalls them, all of your hard work in your clan is for nothing. <----

& your suggestion (highlighted between the arrows) is to plead (Please...really?) for everybody (even if everybody in their clan is in perfect health & there is no issues) to submit a ticket to WoWS..."because if..."?

Can you give an example of just how that ticket is to be worded..."WG please help...we are all fine...but IF..."

Edit: See... that's kinda funny by itself isn't it?

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[PVE]
Members
6,154 posts
22,432 battles
On 7/16/2020 at 8:32 AM, Hapa_Fodder said:

Nevermind...relevant scenario edited.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[WHEE]
Members
13 posts
8,978 battles

My issue was WOWS response is hands off, they will not get involved in internal clan management.

My point was all clans should have a plan for such incidents.

My plan failed, I should have died. Seem what you all are tell me.

Thanks

I edited the topic so as not appear as click bait

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,533 posts
13,903 battles
14 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

If you read the text of the OP you will discover that in this case nobody actually did pass away...btw.

Oh I read it, but also was responded to some of his comments.

My point is, and I have said this several times:

13 hours ago, GrandpaHatesYou said:

My issue was WOWS response is hands off, they will not get involved in internal clan management.

Thanks

Unfortunately in cases such as this, we don't get involved in clan issues, because they are, well, clan issues. If you manage a clan, you need to be able to trust the people that YOU pick to be in charge of your clan.

So what happens if someone that you decided to put in charge, thinking ahead, has real life aggro and doesn't think ahead, then we act and handle a situation and then they come back and are angry that something happened.

Again, this is the clans internal issue.

I am glad you have gotten better BTW, but unfortunately this is why we respond in the fashion we do.

Either way, putting a ticket in is a good idea especially if you explain everything. But we can't always act in cases such as this.

-Hapa

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
6,154 posts
22,432 battles
19 hours ago, GrandpaHatesYou said:

Thanks

I wasn't trying to suggest you should have died (congrats on your recovery bye)...but it did come off as click bait for sure.

Well done (& +1) on changing that btw...some wouldn't have & then just delighted in being able to turn it into a "he said I should have just died" thread...because trolls will be trolls.

The fact you changed it shows you were just in a state of desperation & that I can understand so I'll edit my post now that it's mostly irrelevant (although the "please" for everybody to spam support is still there but my response made for some good humor...just imagining how that would be worded gave me a chuckle anyway :-)

The problem for WG is the doubloon cost (which can slowly but surely...for new players...eventually be saved up from in game events & such) but more often than not is purchased w/real-world currency.

In scenarios where clan mates are just salty w/their commander & decide because he's been inactive for a week or 3 to just all submit a ticket & steal his clan away from him WG (or any company that sells clans) can find themselves on the wrong side of a hostile takeover so they have a 90 day policy...but as was mentioned above if he periodically logs into the game the 90 day clock resets.

Have you sent him any personal messages so if he does log in he can realize that the situation is what it is?

He might have just been clueless as to the responsibilities of being the commander when he accepted & a gentle nudge might resolve the situation faster than support can if he happens to log in periodically & sees it.

GL either way.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,983 posts
14,251 battles

Bring out ye dead..................bring out ye dead........... here take this one............ I am not dead!

[PVE]
Members
6,154 posts
22,432 battles
41 minutes ago, Morpheous said:

Bring out ye dead..................bring out ye dead........... here take this one............ I am not dead!

I don't want to go on the cart...

Stop being such a baby...

I think I'll go for a walk...

You're not fooling anybody you know...

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Cool 1

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
On 7/16/2020 at 3:14 AM, GrandpaHatesYou said:

What about this? (feel free to change any of the days/months/years)

Dear CS agent,

It is with inexpressible sadness that I write to you today. World of Warships has unfailingly provided me with months of profound enjoyment over the past 5 years and CS has been a tremendous and essential part of my wonderful experience. I wish to thank everyone at WG, past and present, for making Warships happen. What more can I ask? If I may, I have one last wish.

While this ticket may be unusual, at risk of sounding presumptuous, I very respectfully plead that you ask @Hapa_Fodder, @foodprinter, or WGNA staff for assistance if you do not fully understand my considerable request. With a heavy heart, I have to consider the fact that I may be unable to play my beloved WoWS in the future due to my impending personal circumstances. I write this after careful thought and with genuine sadness.

I ask for CS to, should I not play a battle in a 14 day period within the next 180 days, pass leadership of the treasured clan I founded and am current Clan Commander of to my Deputy Clan Commander, LoyalDeputyCommander. Should LoyalDeputyCommander have a last battle time greater than 14 days, I ask that you transfer command to captainonthebridge, Scharnhorst013, or PastryParadox in that order and dependent on whether the earlier listed player has a last battle time of greater than 14 days. In the unlikely scenario my long-time Deputy Commanders (and now friends) are all absent, I beseech CS to appoint the player with 1) the longest time in the clan and 2) a last battle time of less than 14 days as Clan Commander.

CS has helped me in almost 250 tickets and this is without any doubt the most meaningful to me. Indeed, I cannot adequately describe how indebted I am to you, personally, for fulfilling this last request of mine. At this moment, I feel ... oddly satisfied knowing that the clan I founded and invested 3 years in is in caring hands with you.

Sincerely yours and with an overflowing grateful heart,

LongtimeWarshipsPlayer, founding Clan Commander of [OOTD] Officer of the Deck (formerly [OOTB] Officer on the Bridge)

P.S. I will provide my Deputy Commanders with the number of this ticket, 125345678, as reference.

Good luck and hope you and CS can come to a good outcome.

[KSE]
1,732 posts
17,355 battles
On 7/16/2020 at 8:32 PM, GrandpaHatesYou said:

Thanks

Oh please, don't act like a drama queen now.

I gave you a solution, and added information so that it wouldn't happen again, Hapa got involved as well with what he could do. 

Life doesn't always work out EXACTLY the way we wish it would, we learn and move forward, hopefully listening to good counsel on how to avoid it in the future.  I gotta say, it's like you are happier in your misery than hopeful of finding a working solution...

[PVE]
Members
6,154 posts
22,432 battles
On 7/18/2020 at 7:17 AM, BiggieD61 said:

Oh please, don't act like a drama queen now.

I gave you a solution, and added information so that it wouldn't happen again, Hapa got involved as well with what he could do. 

Life doesn't always work out EXACTLY the way we wish it would, we learn and move forward, hopefully listening to good counsel on how to avoid it in the future.  I gotta say, it's like you are happier in your misery than hopeful of finding a working solution...

In his defense I came down on him pretty hard due to certain wording that he has since edited & I also edited mine so that comment...as things are worded now...seems drama queen ish..but was more fitting before & was directed more at me than any of the rest of you.

Edit: Also note my comment came way after yours & Hapa's & was probably edited before you ever seen it which is why you're missing the context of his comment you quoted.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos