Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Weekly Combat Missions: Even More Containers

25 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

5,547
[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,498 posts
13,885 battles

This weekend, complete combat missions to get German Carriers containers!


Read it on the portal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
87
[KWA]
Members
183 posts
18,153 battles

What is "them" in reference to the coupon reset?  "They" are going to reset soon.  If you haven't used "them" use "them" now "they're" going to reset.

So, that means we're getting some special resource-ship coupon reset, or business as usual with the "regular" resets?  I'm guessing business as usual.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2
[P33DZ]
Members
6 posts
8,492 battles

Really not enjoying the German CVs....but to be fair I'm not a CV player.

Current experience in the Tier 6: "Armor piercing rockets" that typically ricochet off broadside (and lower tier!) battleships.

Incredibly slow bomber planes that might get a single bomb on target out of a squad (they drop 2 at a time, and seem to straddle the ship).

Fast torpedoes but not getting many hits with the incredibly long aiming (is it really aiming? nothing is locked on) time.

 

Looking for wargaming to tell me how I should be playing to make it perform, otherwise I simply plan on just selling it when it becomes a normal ship. Or just uninstalling warships with the sheer number of CV matches in general when I just want to have fun trying to play something other than a cruiser or BB. Starting to feel bad for destroyers, which feels strange.

Edited by Aquilam
specificity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2
[DUMPY]
Members
9 posts
2,933 battles

Just wondering which coupons will be reset. Saving up for a coal ship at the moment and also saving the coupon. If that coupon gets reset I may get another ship I was looking at, if not then I'll save the current coupon until I get my Thunderer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
365
[BUOY]
Members
994 posts
14,444 battles
56 minutes ago, FantasyAuthor said:

Just wondering which coupons will be reset. Saving up for a coal ship at the moment and also saving the coupon. If that coupon gets reset I may get another ship I was looking at, if not then I'll save the current coupon until I get my Thunderer.

The ship coupons reset in December, it's the other coupons that reset monthly.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,277
[ARP]
[ARP]
Members
997 posts
18,118 battles

We heard you liked containers so we put containers in your containers yo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9
[RDBOW]
Members
14 posts
6,333 battles

Does anyone know what exactly what they are reseting to or just issuing new ones and is the new reset different from the past? Coupon %? WOW owes us some clarity. If the goal is to frustrate people with vague explanations then they have succeded. I have lost 2 multi year members to [edited] this month as they were tiired of being nerfed after spending alot of money for nothing , IE. one said  the nerf to Mods that they purchesed in research bureau was the last straw He said it is Just a money grab from a company that feels like it is going under. I have to say i agree as people are talking why so many ships being realeased in such a short period of time and now with the mass number of long range spammers, high dmg planes(i took 53k dmg in the 1st 45 sec of a game on 2 drops by Rosevelt Rocket planes to my Thunderer) and too many torps and now a 40 torp CA it feels like we are circling the tolet faster and faster desperatre to grab any money they can. If this reset is not good for the players WOW is going to have a lot of disention in the ranks.

Just an opinion of a player who plays 3-4 hour 6 days a week but what do i know.  

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53
[KOFTT]
Members
106 posts
10,959 battles

So, let me understand this... one spends 7,500 doubloons to get a chain of combat missions, one then spends hours playing to complete those combat missions, and then the reward for completing those missions is 600 german tokens? (which is coincidentally the exact amount needed to buy a perma camo in the armory).  I'm trying to understand why anyone would do this when they can just buy the perma camo outright for 5k doubloons.  Am I missing something?

Why not sell the combat missions for 4k doubloons?  A little cheaper than the standard perma camo, but discounted because you have to complete a chain of combat missions in addition to spending money.  I would probably do this for 4k doubloons, but not happening for 7,500.

Edited by zakkmylde
adding

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9
[RDBOW]
Members
14 posts
6,333 battles

I Love the Game, I love the game, I love the game and i am really bumbed. As i said before desperate mass ship sales are a very bad sign of money issues or ethics. I wish they would fix the long term problems in stead of constantly fixing broken update/ships and over charging for everything else. You only can last so long taking advantage like this. Sadness as WOW will be gone if they continue down the path.

Some things they could do:

1. Random maps..keeps all players interested and challenged. i have played all maps a hundered times.

2. Too many spammers/speedy torps/air power, don't get me started on fake ships either. Lower spammer's ranges, lower damage by CV's and for God's sake no 1000 knot torps( the fun is have a chance to avoid them which is no longer possible for even the elite players. We play the game to have fun and for the competive rush but 8 air torps 3 feet away makes on the CV have fun!

*****3. Slow up new players from getting ship too soon and creating short games with bad play.  Must grind ships and learn how to play before moving up like the old days. There has to be a happy medium..i hate the game ending witth 6 red ships still alive and 8 minutes left!!!

4. Creat fun Battles---12x12 smolensk battle or CA, DD or BB only Battles, which would create brawling situations. No one is playing to be dodging torps and bombs all game.

5. STOP adjusting everything..do a better job of testing. Be professional. No one wants to pay for a car with an engine and then the company delivers it without the engine and says sorry but no refunds over and over again. Sooner or later they go to a different car company.

6. OH and my personal pet peeve is Camo's...if we are paying $5000 for a camo is it really too much to ask for it to be cool looking, not like a pea green Thunderer camo for example. The RED white and black would have made a great permo camo or so many other free one time camo's? Why I bet the British ship guys would pay up for a british perma camo and the US for Stars and Strips, french for a revolutionary and ect.. for each country...gives them national pride! If you want money give us pretty camo and we will pay! Oh and get rid of the rust on a brand new ships/camo it make you feel like you got a used car.

 

 

WOW..... I really hope you are listening.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53
[KOFTT]
Members
106 posts
10,959 battles
16 hours ago, Navy_Lion said:

I Love the Game, I love the game, I love the game and i am really bumbed. As i said before desperate mass ship sales are a very bad sign of money issues or ethics. I wish they would fix the long term problems in stead of constantly fixing broken update/ships and over charging for everything else. You only can last so long taking advantage like this. Sadness as WOW will be gone if they continue down the path.

Some things they could do:

1. Random maps..keeps all players interested and challenged. i have played all maps a hundered times.

2. Too many spammers/speedy torps/air power, don't get me started on fake ships either. Lower spammer's ranges, lower damage by CV's and for God's sake no 1000 knot torps( the fun is have a chance to avoid them which is no longer possible for even the elite players. We play the game to have fun and for the competive rush but 8 air torps 3 feet away makes on the CV have fun!

*****3. Slow up new players from getting ship too soon and creating short games with bad play.  Must grind ships and learn how to play before moving up like the old days. There has to be a happy medium..i hate the game ending witth 6 red ships still alive and 8 minutes left!!!

4. Creat fun Battles---12x12 smolensk battle or CA, DD or BB only Battles, which would create brawling situations. No one is playing to be dodging torps and bombs all game.

5. STOP adjusting everything..do a better job of testing. Be professional. No one wants to pay for a car with an engine and then the company delivers it without the engine and says sorry but no refunds over and over again. Sooner or later they go to a different car company.

6. OH and my personal pet peeve is Camo's...if we are paying $5000 for a camo is it really too much to ask for it to be cool looking, not like a pea green Thunderer camo for example. The RED white and black would have made a great permo camo or so many other free one time camo's? Why I bet the British ship guys would pay up for a british perma camo and the US for Stars and Strips, french for a revolutionary and ect.. for each country...gives them national pride! If you want money give us pretty camo and we will pay! Oh and get rid of the rust on a brand new ships/camo it make you feel like you got a used car.

 

 

WOW..... I really hope you are listening.

 

 

 

It's a bit contradictory to say in point #2 that there are too many spammers, and then in point #4 to say you want 12x12 smolensk battles.  Is it not?  Is there a worse HE spammer in the game than smolensk?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11
[PPNA2]
Alpha Tester
109 posts
10,773 battles

Wondering where that weekend mission is. I don't see it in the laggy Combat Mission UI.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9
[RDBOW]
Members
14 posts
6,333 battles

I Love the Game, I love the game, I love the game and i am really bumbed. As i said before desperate mass ship sales are a very bad sign of money issues or ethics. I wish they would fix the long term problems in stead of constantly fixing broken update/ships and over charging for everything else. You only can last so long taking advantage like this. Sadness as WOW will be gone if they continue down the path.

Some things they could do:

1. Random maps..keeps all players interested and challenged. i have played all maps a hundered times.

2. Too many spammers/speedy torps/air power, don't get me started on fake ships either. Lower spammer's ranges, lower damage by CV's and for God's sake no 1000 knot torps( the fun is have a chance to avoid them which is no longer possible for even the elite players. We play the game to have fun and for the competive rush but 8 air torps 3 feet away makes on the CV have fun!

*****3. Slow up new players from getting ship too soon and creating short games with bad play.  Must grind ships and learn how to play before moving up like the old days. There has to be a happy medium..i hate the game ending witth 6 red ships still alive and 8 minutes left!!!

4. Creat fun Battles---12x12 smolensk battle or CA, DD or BB only Battles, which would create brawling situations. No one is playing to be dodging torps and bombs all game.

5. STOP adjusting everything..do a better job of testing. Be professional. No one wants to pay for a car with an engine and then the company delivers it without the engine and says sorry but no refunds over and over again. Sooner or later they go to a different car company.

6. OH and my personal pet peeve is Camo's...if we are paying $5000 for a camo is it really too much to ask for it to be cool looking, not like a pea green Thunderer camo for example. The RED white and black would have made a great permo camo or so many other free one time camo's? Why I bet the British ship guys would pay up for a british perma camo and the US for Stars and Strips, french for a revolutionary and ect.. for each country...gives them national pride! If you want money give us pretty camo and we will pay! Oh and get rid of the rust on a brand new ships/camo it make you feel like you got a used car.

 

 

WOW..... I really hope you are listening.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9
[RDBOW]
Members
14 posts
6,333 battles

I said thatregarding the Smolensk's because we can't get rid of them and i personally would get great satisfaction see them burn each other downinstead of me :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48
[PVE]
Members
154 posts
2,721 battles

@Hapa_Fodder Am I misunderstanding this part for the weekend mission?

"The chains aren’t available to players who haven't logged in to World of Warships for more than 180 days prior to the date the combat missions become available."

Because the missions are not showing up for me and I have been playing a fair amount recently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48
[PVE]
Members
154 posts
2,721 battles

@KamiYanTouma I did check there, all I have under the German Carrier 1 missions is the four directives and the four complete 6 missions for tokens and carrier perma-camos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
282
[CRF]
Members
702 posts
7,887 battles
4 hours ago, Vladeshi said:

@KamiYanTouma I thought that would be where it would be, but mine just looks like this.

shot-20_07.17_15_45.57-0730.thumb.jpg.e21fe7c45149e5c136c0ee220f274489.jpg

exactly like mine, and I am pretty sure I have been playing for at least 180 days!

checked all the other mission tabs and no missions expire in 3 days, or have additional containers - help @Hapa_Fodder

 

Edited by sonoasailor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1 post
1,435 battles

I  am having the same problem as well. I got the pop up when I logged onto the game but there is no mission. I checked all my missions and there is nothing there. help @Hapa_Fodder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
282
[CRF]
Members
702 posts
7,887 battles
20 minutes ago, Brihalla said:

I  am having the same problem as well. I got the pop up when I logged onto the game but there is no mission. I checked all my missions and there is nothing there. help @Hapa_Fodder

half way thru the mission period, and the weekend mission still hasnt shown up...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
282
[CRF]
Members
702 posts
7,887 battles
On 7/15/2020 at 11:00 AM, Hapa_Fodder said:

This weekend, complete combat missions to get German Carriers containers!


Read it on the portal

missions aren't showing up for a bunch of us!!!

Well I did get a response after submitting a ticket...

Hello sonoasailor,

Thank you for contacting the support team.

I would like to tell you that in order to reveal a source of the issue we need more time.

As soon as we find a solution, we will inform you in this ticket.

Believe us, we do not forget about you.

I hope for your understanding.

Doesnt do me much good at trying to get thru the missions this weekend....

Edited by sonoasailor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,547
[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,498 posts
13,885 battles
On 7/16/2020 at 6:12 AM, FantasyAuthor said:

Just wondering which coupons will be reset. Saving up for a coal ship at the moment and also saving the coupon. If that coupon gets reset I may get another ship I was looking at, if not then I'll save the current coupon until I get my Thunderer.

If you look in the armory at your coupons they actually ave an expiration date on them.

-Hapa

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,547
[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,498 posts
13,885 battles

Also,

I am trying to find out why some of you aren't getting the missions or haven't gotten them, please put ST tickets in for this until then.

-Hapa

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×