Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RitzBittz

New boat type idea

7 comments in this topic

[WGB]
Members
22 posts
2,332 battles

I have a new idea for a class of boat:

- it can attack DDs with impunity

- it can spot any boat anywhere any anytime

-it only has ONE counter - for your team to stay grouped together in a blob so they can be easily torped and cross shot.

oh wait, who am i kidding - we already have those, they're called CVs.

Seriously, how can you have balance when a CV can drop an AA plane over you to keep you spotted, then circle back and fourth THREE TIMES and get all their shots off on you and take you from full health to zero in one outting. Your AA is useless and dodging is near impossible unless the CV sucks. This is called balanced? I would call it a joke, but jokes are funny. This is pathetic.

The proposed fix to cut detect by air in half for DD makes sense - but then to penalize the use of AA with a 20 second spotting penalty, again the wrong move and allowing CVs to maintain the control of the game. I thought this was a boat game? Why does airplanes dominate it?

Simple solutions: cut detect in half, do not penalize for AA usage after turned off, and increase the effectiveness of AA all around.

• Thanks 2
  • Boring 3

Members
1,545 posts
33,845 battles
1 hour ago, RitzBittz said:

I have a new idea for a class of boat:

- it can attack DDs with impunity

- it can spot any boat anywhere any anytime

-it only has ONE counter - for your team to stay grouped together in a blob so they can be easily torped and cross shot.

oh wait, who am i kidding - we already have those, they're called CVs.

Seriously, how can you have balance when a CV can drop an AA plane over you to keep you spotted, then circle back and fourth THREE TIMES and get all their shots off on you and take you from full health to zero in one outting. Your AA is useless and dodging is near impossible unless the CV sucks. This is called balanced? I would call it a joke, but jokes are funny. This is pathetic.

The proposed fix to cut detect by air in half for DD makes sense - but then to penalize the use of AA with a 20 second spotting penalty, again the wrong move and allowing CVs to maintain the control of the game. I thought this was a boat game? Why does airplanes dominate it?

Simple solutions: cut detect in half, do not penalize for AA usage after turned off, and increase the effectiveness of AA all around.

Ways to make CV players suck by SteelRain_Rifleman

1. Buy them things that are deemed recreational and outside of WG's game. I hear alcohol is good, Scotch whiskey or maybe a nice Chianti with a bean burrito. Ever see a gassy drunk CV player? I think not.

2. Invite them to parties and make them stay out all dang night. If they are tired, they can't fly.

3. Use voodoo dolls and get some player to extract their bath water so they can be cursed with the googly eye. They can't hit a darn thing if they are looking in several directions.

4. Send food that is questionable at being called food. The throne of porcelain is safer than the throne of shattered skies.

5. Distract them. If you haven't figured out how by now, then it's probably because you don't know a CV player's motivation.

6. Try reverse psychology. Say nice things to the CV player. That will throw them off big time. "If you want to hang out with your friends, I am not going to make a big deal about it." (That be a deadly trap there bucko.)

7. Line up all the ships on red side and let the CV devastate the entire team with 11 kills and 1 billion damage. WG will think CV OP and bring out Stalin's nerf bat. This could work, probably 😏

8. Do like the Soviet ships do. Bring all hands on deck with Mosin Nagant M91/30 rifles and fire on the planes with incendiary rounds. Occasionally, I see an RPG, but I can't get the replay to show it, it's covered in mosaic.

Anyway, I hope this helps. Good luck on your crusade.

Just remember, drop AP on a Nurnberg and they get Cross.🦇

• Funny 1

Members
3,690 posts
21,936 battles

Okay you're so right, lets revert back to the RTS CVs where they had separate controllable fighter squadrons that they could fly all over the map and keep DDs spotted the entirety of the game if they were really good as well as cross drop multiple torpedo squadrons on any ship.

[HINON]
Members
12,945 posts

You just posted this same rant, no need to spam the forums.

[ICBM]
Members
735 posts
8,474 battles

How to deal with CVs in a DD:

1) 90% of CV drivers start with their fighter squadron. If you make it through that first wave undetected, usually the CV will forget about you. I know that sounds crazy, but its true.  So at the beginning of the match, go about 1/2 speed toward the cap, that way you stay within the AA envelope of the cruisers behind you. The CV will run into their AA before it detects you and will almost always turn around. If it does decide to attack, it will attack the cruisers. Once it starts the attack run, it's very hard, if not impossible to switch targets. At the beginning of the match, ships are so tightly grouped that it will likely not be able to come back around for another attack without losing its whole squadron. 

If, for some reason, you aren't around enough cruisers/bbs to defend you, then you are going to have to use your smoke. When you use your smoke, don't wait until the CV can see you. It takes long enough to smoke up that a CV can still strike you. Smoke up before you are detected. 

2) Yes, you can dodge. You have to point your bow/stern at the CV (preferably stern) and sail at a very acute angle to the direction of the attack. Feint out when the planes are at about 3km, then turn back in. This will cause your ship to slide sideways and the rockets will be off enough so that you can dodge all or most of them. It takes practice, but is an effective technique.  Of course if you are in a kitakaze, akizuki, or another slow turning fat dd, then, yeah. You're just gonna eat damage.

3) Ask your friendly CV for fighters. I know this sounds obvious, but a lot of the times, CVs don't know where the DDs are going and are relucant to waste fighter consumables for no reason. If you tell the friendly CV where you are going, they know to preposition a fighter. Yeah, it doesn't happen all the time, but it happens more than you'd expect. 

4) The number 1 way to deal with CVs in a DD is to start playing CV. You dont' have to pu in thousands of games. Just a few hundred to get a feel for what it is like to try to strike DDs in a CV. You'd be surprised that its not as easy as it looks. Once you understand the CV's perspective, you get a gut feeling for where CVs go and what situations make strikes awkward and you can mitigate a lot of the CV damage you are taking now. Will you still die to CVs? Yes. But it wont happen nearly as much. Its shocking how much this helps. 

Hope this helps. 

[WGB]
Members
22 posts
2,332 battles
5 hours ago, mrieder79 said:

How to deal with CVs in a DD:

1) 90% of CV drivers start with their fighter squadron. If you make it through that first wave undetected, usually the CV will forget about you. I know that sounds crazy, but its true.  So at the beginning of the match, go about 1/2 speed toward the cap, that way you stay within the AA envelope of the cruisers behind you. The CV will run into their AA before it detects you and will almost always turn around. If it does decide to attack, it will attack the cruisers. Once it starts the attack run, it's very hard, if not impossible to switch targets. At the beginning of the match, ships are so tightly grouped that it will likely not be able to come back around for another attack without losing its whole squadron. 

If, for some reason, you aren't around enough cruisers/bbs to defend you, then you are going to have to use your smoke. When you use your smoke, don't wait until the CV can see you. It takes long enough to smoke up that a CV can still strike you. Smoke up before you are detected. 

2) Yes, you can dodge. You have to point your bow/stern at the CV (preferably stern) and sail at a very acute angle to the direction of the attack. Feint out when the planes are at about 3km, then turn back in. This will cause your ship to slide sideways and the rockets will be off enough so that you can dodge all or most of them. It takes practice, but is an effective technique.  Of course if you are in a kitakaze, akizuki, or another slow turning fat dd, then, yeah. You're just gonna eat damage.

3) Ask your friendly CV for fighters. I know this sounds obvious, but a lot of the times, CVs don't know where the DDs are going and are relucant to waste fighter consumables for no reason. If you tell the friendly CV where you are going, they know to preposition a fighter. Yeah, it doesn't happen all the time, but it happens more than you'd expect. 

4) The number 1 way to deal with CVs in a DD is to start playing CV. You dont' have to pu in thousands of games. Just a few hundred to get a feel for what it is like to try to strike DDs in a CV. You'd be surprised that its not as easy as it looks. Once you understand the CV's perspective, you get a gut feeling for where CVs go and what situations make strikes awkward and you can mitigate a lot of the CV damage you are taking now. Will you still die to CVs? Yes. But it wont happen nearly as much. Its shocking how much this helps. 

Hope this helps. 

appreciate the feedback.

I play the fat slow DDs so I'm hosed. I've had some luck as you mentioned, taking a sharp angle and feinting away and then back in, but it seems the success of that is more reliant on the CV player than myself. 

The fighter planes dont seem to help enough - If the CV knows im there, they consistently fly right through the fighter planes and get multiple successful drops on me.

[ICBM]
Members
735 posts
8,474 battles

It depends on the CV and the tier and the driver, but, yeah. You can usually get one, maybe two strikes even with fighter support. I'm not one of those CVs-are-okay guys. I think they need some reigning in against DDs. For now, though, that's all I know to do.

Sign in to follow this