You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
RitzBittz

Another CVs are garbage thread

19 comments in this topic

[PROG]
Members
22 posts
3,706 battles

CVs have ruined DDs. we all know it. WG must be blind or just doesnt care.

prove me wrong.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 5
  • Meh 2

[WORX]
Members
10,594 posts
18,494 battles

DDs are ruined by "state your grievance here."

• AP spam
  • HE spam
  • Plane spam
  • Smoke nerf
  • Flood Nerf
  • Torp Nerf
  • Fire buff
  • Hydro Buff
  • Radar set to 12 km buff.
  • IFHE policy changes
  • AA nerf.
  • Power creep.
  • Vanezia Spam

I think I covered the basics...

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1

Members
2,773 posts
36,481 battles
5 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

• AP spam
  • HE spam
  • Plane spam
  • Smoke nerf
  • Flood Nerf
  • Torp Nerf
  • Fire buff
  • Hydro Buff
  • IFHE policy changes
  • AA nerf.
  • Power creep.
  • Vanezia Spam

Yes you did. I can't imagine more except serving cheese with a nice Chianti.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,384 posts
14,152 battles

CV's are not what have ruined DD's for you. Look to your stats and go from there and work on improving.

• Cool 2

[PROG]
Members
22 posts
3,706 battles

how does looking at my stats stop a plane from dropping an AA plane over, keeping me spotted and distracting my AA planes so he can fly back and fourth over me 3 times to drop all his bombs and take me from full health to zero? That's garbage.

Am I just supposed to sit behind my team all game? What about towards the end of the game when there are few boats left? Is my game just over then? 

• Cool 4
  • Boring 2

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,196 battles
21 minutes ago, RitzBittz said:

how does looking at my stats stop a plane from dropping an AA plane over, keeping me spotted and distracting my AA planes so he can fly back and fourth over me 3 times to drop all his bombs and take me from full health to zero? That's garbage.

Am I just supposed to sit behind my team all game? What about towards the end of the game when there are few boats left? Is my game just over then? 

DD is the hardest type of ship to play, for starters.

A few tips: turn your AA off to avoid detection, do not bee-line for caps to avoid ease of location (especially in radar heavy matches), watch the minimap and only commit once you know the CV's planes aren't local, turn broadside to bombers and bow-in to rockets as the oposite will result in high damage, if you are about to be detected and can't avoid it you can make them flub their first shot by charging the planes at full speed, and smoke is your best friend for avoiding CVs.

• Cool 1

[IXM]
Members
1,060 posts

Couldn't agree more. You can say all you want that DDs are still playable and you can still do well in them, both of which are true of course. This still does not make DDs fun to play for the average player in the current state of the game.

[D-H-O]
Beta Testers
1,161 posts
10,892 battles
1 hour ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

DD is the hardest type of ship to play, for starters.

A few tips: turn your AA off to avoid detection,

Lol. While this does increase the stealth on the DD, it still depends on the planes being somewhere else.

do not bee-line for caps to avoid ease of location (especially in radar heavy matches),

Let the other team get the caps first?!   The red team likes it when the green team is playing catch-up.  So much easier to set up the push that has to happen, or the win by points if no push occurs.

watch the minimap and only commit once you know the CV's planes aren't local, turn broadside to bombers and bow-in to rockets as the oposite will result in high damage,

Why assume he isn't watching the mini map?  Angling for rockets/bombs is still dependant on RNG, 

if you are about to be detected and can't avoid it you can make them flub their first shot by charging the planes at full speed, and smoke is your best friend for avoiding CVs.

'flub'ing a shot is hardly a counter, and popping smoke is:

1. 1 less smoke when on cap
  2. 1 less smoke for the cruisers 
  3.  Puts smoke on CD
  4. A delay for the DD getting where the DD wants to be.  May as well stay at the back if you're going to do this.
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 4

Members
890 posts
14,046 battles
4 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

• AP spam
  • HE spam
  • Plane spam
  • Smoke nerf
  • Flood Nerf
  • Torp Nerf
  • Fire buff
  • Hydro Buff
  • IFHE policy changes
  • AA nerf.
  • Power creep.
  • Vanezia Spam

How dare you.

You forgot torpedoes being detected from space!

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,196 battles
18 hours ago, madgiecool said:

1: Lol. While this does increase the stealth on the DD, it still depends on the planes being somewhere else.

2: Let the other team get the caps first?!   The red team likes it when the green team is playing catch-up.  So much easier to set up the push that has to happen, or the win by points if no push occurs.

3: Why assume he isn't watching the mini map?  Angling for rockets/bombs is still dependant on RNG, 

4:'flub'ing a shot is hardly a counter, and popping smoke is:

1. 1 less smoke when on cap
  2. 1 less smoke for the cruisers 
  3.  Puts smoke on CD
  4. A delay for the DD getting where the DD wants to be.  May as well stay at the back if you're going to do this.

1: Not especially. The CV is flying blind if a DD isn't exactly where the CV expects, so the number of times I've managed to juuuuust squeeze past a CV that almost trips over me can be quite often. Doesn't happen every match, though, but happens often enough to be useful. Especially with the upcoming AA detection changes.

2: I said don't beeline. This means do not rush the cap. You still can (and should) cap. But a DD that rushes the cap ASAP takes an extremely obvious route that the CV will be able to find. This also means the radar ships are less likely to be located before you get there, too. The absolute worst case situation for a DD in my eyes is a radar and CV teaming up. You lose all good options, really.

If the red DD gets there first, that red DD is going to typically be intercepted and attacked. They will get pummeled or pop smoke for their hurry to get nowhere fast.

3: Not really. Yes, it is a minor dependency on RNG, but long term the differences become very apparent. Sure, sometimes HE bombs can do some dumb things (though, nothing as bad as before the bug was fixed), but it says a lot that, in something like 50 matches playing Enterprise, I can't say I've ever gotten all 6 AP bombs to land cits. Not against cruisers and not against BBs. On average, most of the attack hitting you from these angles will do minimal damage. Trust me, I've played enough CV to see how often even the densest of of rockets completely miss. It's the entire reason I say this, as it is almost always difficult to hurt targets that abuse these tricks.

That said, many rockets are currently not designed in such a way to be "dodged" as it were. A change I have always felt was needed, and means that this tactic will consistently work to keep you alive longer outside of those strange anomalies.

4.0: It is often the difference between capping and not capping. More often than not, when I intercept a cap attempt it's nearing the final moments when I land the shot. If I overshoot, now that cap is flipped.

4.1, 4.2: Your health is worth more than anything as a DD. The more health a DD has left, the more impact they can leverage if they know what they are doing. A DD that survives the entire match is one of the most potent forces out there if one knows how to leverage that well.

4.3:  Not sure where this one is getting at. Yes, using smoke puts it on cooldown, I suppose.

4.4: It also ensures the DD is alive to get where she wishes to go. This is not your primary tactic, but a last resort. If the CV is about to spot you, you've already misplayed.

In the end, the aim of a DD in a CV match is to not be found until you are ready to be found. Ready to make an impact. Those kinds of DDs who slip past my spotting time and time again are nightmares to deal with, as, short of an ally pointing out an RPF target, it's a huge pain to find them as their location will grow more and more obscured as time goes on. Locating a ship that has a 3km detection range (which is changing to more like 1.5km) is like finding a needle in a haystack if done right.

• Cool 1

[D-H-O]
Beta Testers
1,161 posts
10,892 battles
7 hours ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

1: Not especially. The CV is flying blind if a DD isn't exactly where the CV expects, so the number of times I've managed to juuuuust squeeze past a CV that almost trips over me can be quite often. Doesn't happen every match, though, but happens often enough to be useful. Especially with the upcoming AA detection changes.

2: I said don't beeline. This means do not rush the cap. You still can (and should) cap. But a DD that rushes the cap ASAP takes an extremely obvious route that the CV will be able to find. This also means the radar ships are less likely to be located before you get there, too. The absolute worst case situation for a DD in my eyes is a radar and CV teaming up. You lose all good options, really.

If the red DD gets there first, that red DD is going to typically be intercepted and attacked. They will get pummeled or pop smoke for their hurry to get nowhere fast.

3: Not really. Yes, it is a minor dependency on RNG, but long term the differences become very apparent. Sure, sometimes HE bombs can do some dumb things (though, nothing as bad as before the bug was fixed), but it says a lot that, in something like 50 matches playing Enterprise, I can't say I've ever gotten all 6 AP bombs to land cits. Not against cruisers and not against BBs. On average, most of the attack hitting you from these angles will do minimal damage. Trust me, I've played enough CV to see how often even the densest of of rockets completely miss. It's the entire reason I say this, as it is almost always difficult to hurt targets that abuse these tricks.

That said, many rockets are currently not designed in such a way to be "dodged" as it were. A change I have always felt was needed, and means that this tactic will consistently work to keep you alive longer outside of those strange anomalies.

4.0: It is often the difference between capping and not capping. More often than not, when I intercept a cap attempt it's nearing the final moments when I land the shot. If I overshoot, now that cap is flipped.

4.1, 4.2: Your health is worth more than anything as a DD. The more health a DD has left, the more impact they can leverage if they know what they are doing. A DD that survives the entire match is one of the most potent forces out there if one knows how to leverage that well.

4.3:  Not sure where this one is getting at. Yes, using smoke puts it on cooldown, I suppose.

4.4: It also ensures the DD is alive to get where she wishes to go. This is not your primary tactic, but a last resort. If the CV is about to spot you, you've already misplayed.

In the end, the aim of a DD in a CV match is to not be found until you are ready to be found. Ready to make an impact. Those kinds of DDs who slip past my spotting time and time again are nightmares to deal with, as, short of an ally pointing out an RPF target, it's a huge pain to find them as their location will grow more and more obscured as time goes on. Locating a ship that has a 3km detection range (which is changing to more like 1.5km) is like finding a needle in a haystack if done right.

I see your POV - Thanks

:Smile_great:

• Cool 1

[TBB]
Members
614 posts
4,780 battles
On 7/16/2020 at 3:06 AM, RitzBittz said:

prove me wrong.

Soon there will be a closed test for changes to the detectability settings:

• A ship’s detectability range by air is now equal to the maximum firing range of her AA guns for a period of 20 seconds after her AA guns cease firing;
  • The detectability range by air of all destroyers is halved. 

Moving on.

• Cool 1

[TBB]
Members
22 posts
7,348 battles
On 7/16/2020 at 3:31 AM, RitzBittz said:

With respect to this, I actually do miss being able to prioritize which flights of planes would receive attention from the AA batteries. Wish they could bring that back on top of the AA reinforcement left/right mechanics.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,384 posts
14,152 battles
On 7/16/2020 at 2:31 AM, RitzBittz said:

Why are you off alone to let him do that? DD's cannot even with the proposed detection change just run forward at the beginning when there are CV's in the match. When there are CV's scouting is not an early match job for a DD. Hold back and wait until you see where the CV('s) are operating and then operate where they are not, just be ready for them to operate somewhere else.

Members
110 posts
1,770 battles
On 7/16/2020 at 3:06 AM, RitzBittz said:

prove me wrong.

The onus is on you to prove your assertion, rather than make the silly, "we all know it". Far too many are whining about CV's, when the problem is, they don;t know how to handle CV's. Much like the BB players and their whining about constantly being torped, so they get a stupid "Torpdeo upgrade" that detects torps at 1.8K, thus ruining the concept of deep water torps. Make an AA build, stay close to ships that have strong AA etc...In other words, get involved in teamplay. (a foreign concept here) Too many people want to play the lone wolf and only desire to rack up as many kills as possible, to hell with anything, or anyone else. Or, you could find another game that suits the "me first" attitude.

Life is tough. wear a helmet.

• Meh 1

[PROG]
Members
22 posts
3,706 battles

you guys are idiots. you justify your opinions with context I never stated. I never said I run straight into caps. I never said I play overly aggressive at the beginning of the match. Somehow you all assumed that - how you all missed my point that it's [edited] that you have a "ship" in the game that can effectively attack with impunity, over and over and over again.

The Stockholm syndrome is strong here.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SWACC]
Members
209 posts
On 7/16/2020 at 3:24 AM, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Umm, I yield my time to the CV unicums from the Galactic Empire.

Maybe they can answer this one. 

the-next-aircraft-carrier-should-be-called-uss-arsenal-of-democracy.jpg