Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sovereigndawg

Co op and Achievements

9 comments in this topic

[TBW]
Members
10,278 posts
17,459 battles

So I am wondering why I don't get the Detonation achievement in Coop? There really is no reason not to make it a Co op achievement it sucks in Randoms as well as Co op. How hard would it be to make some Co op achievements, come on WG some people just want the PVE aspect, I know you don't like it but just accept it and go with the flow. You don't need the money, the company makes enough already. It's not like you are hurting.

This replay may explain it all.

20200715_235353_PASB518-Massachusetts_15_NE_north.wowsreplay

Not the best thing to happen when I am working on the missions, for to spend money, for your ODIN.

• Cool 4
  • Meh 1

Members
2,819 posts
36,540 battles

I agree, I have detonated so many times that I lost count. I think in one game I might have spontaneously exploded because a Bismarck player threw a Heineken can over the side and it hit the DD I was in.

But if WG wants to have some fun, then award rammers with the Golden No-Back Chaps award for ramming in co-op.

I have a long list of nominees. Sure some will not appreciate it, but others might. Add a special permanent flag that gives them a ramming bonus. Let them show their pride.

I sell my ramming flags all the time. But I would gladly award these players mine for steel.

Edited by SteelRain_Rifleman
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[CO-OP]
Members
1,484 posts
24,666 battles

Cos you have the temerity to play a game mode you enjoy rather than a mode that WG wants you to play. So take an RNG hit to your coffers.

Members
407 posts
5,953 battles

Considering there was a mission not to long ago that said it could be completed in Co-Op, Random, or Operations, but the mission was "earn 10 achievements" I don't think it was suppose to have Co-Op on the list.  Adding some achievements for Detonations....which is not a skill based achievement, but a compensation for RNG award.   Also surviving ramming awards would be nice, since that somewhat RNG, mixed with skill (or flags).  The rest of the skill based ones can remain in random I suppose, as the bots are easier to hit than live players.  I don't know if some of the Operations style achievements might be worthy....like major contributions style awards if you pulled more weight than average?   I've sunk eight of the enemy ships in Co-Op once.  but that was with a Tier III Italian cruiser.  Four with guns and four with torpedoes.  How?  I think the bots mostly ignored me, and I managed to  weave back and forth, either following them, or kiting them.

[CO-OP]
Members
1,484 posts
24,666 battles

As much as I agree with a detonation "achievement" for COOP I wouldn't hold my breath about WG giving any form of achievement in COOP. There are some in Scenarios and there used to be the occasional one in COOP (Ovechkin's Four Goal Haul springs to mind) but WG has given no indication whatsoever that they will ever institute achievements in COOP.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,012 posts
22,560 battles
53 minutes ago, Efros said:

As much as I agree with a detonation "achievement" for COOP I wouldn't hold my breath about WG giving any form of achievement in COOP. 

Yeah this one has always bugged me a bit. I mean I get the other achievements not being available, that makes sense, but Detonations are a thing in PvE and no less annoying. If they are not disabled for the mode, then you should get detonation signals when it happens there too. 

[PVE]
Members
11,805 posts
24,450 battles
2 hours ago, Efros said:

As much as I agree with a detonation "achievement" for COOP I wouldn't hold my breath about WG giving any form of achievement in COOP. There are some in Scenarios and there used to be the occasional one in COOP (Ovechkin's Four Goal Haul springs to mind) but WG has given no indication whatsoever that they will ever institute achievements in COOP.

Sub_O said they were going to when I asked him on Reddit years ago. His said it was in the plans but not for this year as no time/resources but coming... That was at least 2+ and maybe 3+ years ago now. They must have forgot to save the file after making them. :Smile_trollface: Either that or he meant SOONTM  and we all know that means LONG TIMETM :Smile_sceptic:

Of course you have to consider the source I got that from too. :Smile_hiding:

If WG really wanted to do something to show Co-op players they matter too this would be a big one. I don't believe it would be some huge and massive resources drain to make a few for Co-op as some have intimated in the past when asked. They have done temp ones for goodness sake so making some for a permanent game mode, the only one WITHOUT any in the game, just makes sense and it is time. It wouldn't have people flocking to Co-op to get them (other than maybe as a task event but people do that now anyway) so their precious PVP would not be impacted. They don't even have to give flags or anything. Just do the darn things already WG. This would go MILES towards your reputation with PVE/Co-op mains IF they cared (but I am not so sure they do).

Just take some of the Random ones, adjust the requirement to fit Co-op, change the name, and make a new image (sort of like the ones I did and suggested years back). Not hard folks. They could even, if they were truly inspired, make some new ones that were more Co-op based (like how the Scenario ones are for that mode) as well but I don't see that happening at all.

Heck, just bring back the 4 Goal Haul one, retitle it, and make it Co-op only.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 4

[PVE]
Members
4,253 posts
18,541 battles
3 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Sub_O said they were going to when I asked him on Reddit years ago. His said it was in the plans but not for this year as no time/resources but coming... That was at least 2+ and maybe 3+ years ago now. They must have forgot to save the file after making them. :Smile_trollface: Either that or he meant SOONTM  and we all know that means LONG TIMETM :Smile_sceptic:

Of course you have to consider the source I got that from too. :Smile_hiding:

If WG really wanted to do something to show Co-op players they matter too this would be a big one. I don't believe it would be some huge and massive resources drain to make a few for Co-op as some have intimated in the past when asked. They have done temp ones for goodness sake so making some for a permanent game mode, the only one WITHOUT any in the game, just makes sense and it is time. It wouldn't have people flocking to Co-op to get them (other than maybe as a task event but people do that now anyway) so their precious PVP would not be impacted. They don't even have to give flags or anything. Just do the darn things already WG. This would go MILES towards your reputation with PVE/Co-op mains IF they cared (but I am not so sure they do).

Just take some of the Random ones, adjust the requirement to fit Co-op, change the name, and make a new image (sort of like the ones I did and suggested years back). Not hard folks. They could even, if they were truly inspired, make some new ones that were more Co-op based (like how the Scenario ones are for that mode) as well but I don't see that happening at all.

Heck, just bring back the 4 Goal Haul one, retitle it, and make it Co-op only.

Cost is the only logical reason they avoid PVE???  I just can't see where the hold up is?   A great many people I know left the game and they were spending a lot of money on the game???  It's just isn't logical to focus on Randoms and avoid an entire game segment, whom spend as much if not more, than the other segment.

It has to be $$$$ that it takes to maintain three platform all of the time......  I'd bet changes don't cross over programming wise because each platform (Randoms, COOP, and Scenarios) were created separately and the code doesn't have the same back bone in form, fit or structure......

Bringing a change to the Mercy Rule has helped and should be a clear indication to them that the PVE community appreciates any efforts......

[CO-OP]
Members
1,484 posts
24,666 battles

I don't play randoms too often and I dabble in ranked occasionally. The rewards when fully flagged and camoed up in both of these modes when compared to COOP are almost obscene. One game in ranked this morning and I had satisfied more than half of the XP requirement for the 3 daily containers, 18.5k FXP and nearly 54k ECXP from a fairly okay game, 

1.thumb.jpg.f030fa5c04b993dd191cd909d01a6530.jpg4.thumb.jpg.81b14cd6d2e5acbbcb9206a869ce4308.jpg

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this