Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
FullMetal_Inferno

How To Contribute in Odin?

6 comments in this topic

Members
240 posts
4,763 battles

Hey everyone, recently bought the Odin after completing all the in-game missions. For $15... well I got what I paid for.

There's the obvious hp nerf, which I knew full well going into, and I thought I could circumvent this with concealment expert. Secondaries looked good and primaries looked usable enough. I was pretty hyped for her, but I'm having second thoughts.

My damage is inconsistent in her at 60,000. I took her out in a three-man division earlier tonight and I felt largely useless. I'd end up either getting focused or playing so conservatively that my damage numbers would be incredibly low.

To those who have her and get consistently high results, how do you do it? Is it better to spec for survivability and fire prevention or should I just be going full secondary? Are there any tips that could help me?

I usually don't type these sort of posts, but I've been mulling it over a lot and I could use some advice on how to handle this beast.

Thanks in advance.

• Meh 1

[5D]
Members
1,023 posts
12,961 battles

I run mine with a full secondary build with IFHE. It come back to more about your positioning than anything 

[POP]
Members
963 posts
8,474 battles

Here is a recent game where I was bottom tier and found myself alone in the face of a large push from the enemy.  Kiting apparently is something this ship is rather good at.  She is fairly quick, agile and a real bugger for DD's to try to chase.  My build is pretty standard for German BB's and I have the unique commander with 19pts in her.  Here is the replay.

https://replayswows.com/replay/99382#stats

My best advice is play her like this;

When top tier she is a bully and everything is food just got get yourself in a spot where you have more than 2 ships focusing you.  If you can remain angled and avoid too much HE spam she is really a tough nut to crack.

When bottom tier play her like a Graff Spee, she is not quite that squishy but if you play her like she is you will do well IMO.

• Thanks 1

Members
240 posts
4,763 battles
34 minutes ago, HallaSnackbar said:

Here is a recent game where I was bottom tier and found myself alone in the face of a large push from the enemy.  Kiting apparently is something this ship is rather good at.  She is fairly quick, agile and a real bugger for DD's to try to chase.  My build is pretty standard for German BB's and I have the unique commander with 19pts in her.  Here is the replay.

https://replayswows.com/replay/99382#stats

My best advice is play her like this;

When top tier she is a bully and everything is food just got get yourself in a spot where you have more than 2 ships focusing you.  If you can remain angled and avoid too much HE spam she is really a tough nut to crack.

When bottom tier play her like a Graff Spee, she is not quite that squishy but if you play her like she is you will do well IMO.

It's been a while since I've viewed a replay (great to see things are still broken), but I appreciate the footage. I've clearly been underestimating her ability to kite! Thank you for the advice, I should try being more prominent when I am high-tier and use my concealment to keep me alive when low-tier.

1 hour ago, dad003 said:

I run mine with a full secondary build with IFHE. It come back to more about your positioning than anything 

Secondaries I can understand, but IFHE? Germans already have it baked in. Did you mean a different skill?

• Cool 1

[5D]
Members
1,023 posts
12,961 battles
1 hour ago, FullMetal_Inferno said:

It's been a while since I've viewed a replay (great to see things are still broken), but I appreciate the footage. I've clearly been underestimating her ability to kite! Thank you for the advice, I should try being more prominent when I am high-tier and use my concealment to keep me alive when low-tier.

Secondaries I can understand, but IFHE? Germans already have it baked in. Did you mean a different skill?

with IFHE the smaller secondary pen 40mm it pen armor deck of the American BB , which you will see a lot at t8 ,

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this