9 comments in this topic

[TBW]
Members
9,957 posts
16,768 battles

I would like to see @LittleWhiteMouse turning radius review of that ship against the tier 10 BBs. It probably has bow thrusters though so it wouldn't be quite fair I suppose. It would make a good meme though.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,659 posts
13,997 battles
1 minute ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I would like to see @LittleWhiteMouse turning radius review of that ship against the tier 10 BBs.

I don't know if the barge has bow thrusters, as far as I know all of the actual ships on the lakes do, but if it does it is actually pretty good but the wind took her on a ride. Apparently the barge did take some damage. That corner has caught more than a few ships over the years.

[TBW]
Members
9,957 posts
16,768 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

I don't know if the barge has bow thrusters, as far as I know all of the actual ships on the lakes do, but if it does it is actually pretty good but the wind took her on a ride. Apparently the barge did take some damage. That corner has caught more than a few ships over the years.

It is a sharp corner for sure from what it looks. I have never been to Duluth, I should take a trip up before I go back to Hawaii when Granny passes, she is 101 and 7 months, I don't suppose it will be more than 5 years.

[JMMAF]
Members
2,018 posts
6,677 battles

docked far worse than that on a 32 ft chris craft at a gas dock (shilshoal). the shift linkage failed.  the owner said "working as intended." yeah.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4
  • Haha 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,659 posts
13,997 battles
8 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

It is a sharp corner for sure from what it looks. I have never been to Duluth, I should take a trip up before I go back to Hawaii when Granny passes, she is 101 and 7 months, I don't suppose it will be more than 5 years.

It is sharp but events like that are pretty rare.

[NEMO]
Members
452 posts
1,310 battles
On 7/15/2020 at 11:53 PM, BrushWolf said:

The tug barge combo Presque Isle, both elements of the combo have the same name, running aground in the Duluth ship canal.

https://www.perfectduluthday.com/2020/07/13/presque-isle-scrapes-duluth-ship-canal-wall/

I know its a dumb question, but why doesn't a ship that big have a rudder in front to help it turn? I mean my dads lawn tractor has 4 wheel steering, but none of the tractors of combines have that feature

Edited by wolfkind252

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,659 posts
13,997 battles
1 hour ago, wolfkind252 said:

I know its a dumb question, but why doesn't a ship that big have a rudder in front to help it turn? I mean my dads lawn tractor has 4 wheel steering, but none of the tractors of combines have that feature

It is a barge and tug combination and does have a bow thruster but the wind was just too much that day.

[NEMO]
Members
452 posts
1,310 battles

oh OK, we don't have things like that here, just lots of corn fields, Wheet fields, and 600 head of cattle ( trust me on the head count they are all on our farm)