You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

It was tough but no PR disaster.....

44 comments in this topic

[GOB]
Members
2,066 posts

But I am tired of playing now...  Hope she's worth it.  Just having another Premium is cool though.

Untitledstesdth.png

• Cool 8
  • Boring 1

[TBW]
Members
10,291 posts
17,484 battles

Congrats she is a good looking ship. I doubt that I will be getting it, I would have to play a CV or do randoms to advance, so I probably can't make it far enough that I would feel right purchasing it. I guess that's 14 bucks or so that WG is out, just because of the limits on the missions. GL with her and kick some butt.

Would it not make more sense, to make the missions easy, so more people spend $14 for it. I think they messed up majorly. I know I would have spent the doubloons.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 1

[R-F1]
Members
28 posts
8,016 battles
55 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Congrats she is a good looking ship. I doubt that I will be getting it, I would have to play a CV or do randoms to advance, so I probably can't make it far enough that I would feel right purchasing it. I guess that's 14 bucks or so that WG is out, just because of the limits on the missions. GL with her and kick some butt.

Would it not make more sense, to make the missions easy, so more people spend $14 for it. I think they messed up majorly. I know I would have spent the doubloons.

I agree, I doubt i would be getting it, because I don't want to play specific class/nations. Even though it doable, im not even getting much, still need to pay $14, so i dont really have the motivation to jump through all those hoops

Members
2,986 posts
36,778 battles
2 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

But I am tired of playing now...  Hope she's worth it.  Just having another Premium is cool though.

Untitledstesdth.png

So, you mean it wasn't nasty to get the ship?

• Haha 1

[KWF]
Members
4,387 posts
6,405 battles

Wouldn't call it tough when the moment the last Directive hit there were 21 days left. Ample time in my books.

[ALLY]
Members
274 posts
18,478 battles
47 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Wouldn't call it tough when the moment the last Directive hit there were 21 days left. Ample time in my books.

To all:

I love how people assume that someone is spending $14 out of their pocket for the ship.  Personally, I save up my dubloons from all the events (usually 50 each one) along with any that I get from the Birthday event SCs.  It has taken me a long time, but I saved up to about 15,000 until I purchased the Haida for the last T7 ranked season using the coupon it was around 3500.  I have about 11,200 left and I will use another 3500 to get the Odin.  Like another post stated, I have plenty of time left to finish the last directive.  I also save my free XP.  The Freisland was my last free XP ship and it has taken me a long time, but I am back up to 880k free xp.  I will grind the Soviet Cruiser the old fashion way instead of using free XP to get them.

My biggest problem is saving enough to purchase the ships that I am grinding and then buy the modules.  So I just take my time.  I just recently got the Albermarle and had to wait to get it because I did not have enough silver.  So I waited until I did.  I may not get all the new ships quickly, but I will get them.  I have said it before and I will say it again.  The only money WG sees from me is some premium time and it is always on sale.

C130 signing out

• Cool 2

[INTEL]
Members
13,073 posts
36,080 battles

I thought it was a great event. Kudos to the devs for setting it up.

• Thanks 1

[ARGSY]
Members
20,204 posts
14,348 battles
7 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I would have to play a CV or do randoms to advance,

What's your roadblock?

[-K-]
Members
8,361 posts
14,164 battles
4 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

Yeah, this one was pretty casual compared to other such events.

2 hours ago, Taichunger said:

I thought it was a great event. Kudos to the devs for setting it up.

Agreed.  No complaints at all about this one.

[TARK]
Members
6,659 posts
2,529 battles

Huzzah!

I had been hoping to get Graf Spee...

...but real life has intervened and I am not going to get close.

But that is ok.

New job, pregnant wife, relocating soon, family support for the pandemic...all these things are more important.

But this isn't about me.

Congrats and kick [edited]with the ship...unless you are facing me. :P

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,627 posts
10 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

While there is some grinding to do, it is realativly easy to obtain.  WG didn't wall it off behind a crazy grind or super difficult mission requirements.

You are choosing to not the play required game types or classes and that's fine, but that's your personal choice and doesn't mean that they are difficult to complete.  They are not.

[TBW]
Members
10,291 posts
17,484 battles
3 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

What's your roadblock?

I actually found a way around it, the new layout is still a bit confusing. Now it's just a matter of playing enough everyday. Which can be a roadblock in itself.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[-TOG-]
Members
152 posts
6,274 battles
10 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

... I would have to play a CV or do randoms to advance...

What's wrong with randoms?

[ARGSY]
Members
20,204 posts
14,348 battles
1 minute ago, sPzAbt505 said:

Some people just don't like it, or find the chat too salty.

Others have physical handicaps which make the playstyle required too difficult for them, such that they would be hampering their teams.

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
10,291 posts
17,484 battles
14 minutes ago, sPzAbt505 said:

I used to do only Randoms until I found that I had a lot more fun in PVE. It all started when I needed lots of credits to buy the 9 tier 10 ships that I didn't have enough credits for. Operations was the best credit earning mode back then, mostly because of few defeats. It's also partly because of myself, I like to get into the battle and shoot things and in Random battles that will get you concentrated on every time, so basically I don't have the patience for Random battles. I hate the hiding and waiting aspect of it. Not very much teamwork plays a part in it too.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[-BUI-]
Members
2,034 posts
5,697 battles

I've been enjoying her, 11.6 KM secondaries with a least 32mm pen are pretty darn solid.    Her big guns are pretty decent as well.    Haven't played that many games in her yet, but the ones I've played have all been fun.

[DOG]
Members
1,109 posts
11,818 battles

Congrats.  Personally, I was just shooting for the Graf Spee, since I don't see anything in the Odin I can't get somewhere else.  But I'm stuck, since I don't own a CV.  To complete my current level, I either have to get something like 14 torpedo hits in a single battle, or 10 citadel hits.  Not impossible, but an extreme rarity, at least for me.  Then again, I just bought a T-61 for clan battles yesterday, and IIRC, there may have been an alternate condition that only requires 6 torpedo hits instead of 14 if you are in a T-61.  I'll have to check when I get home.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,899 posts
5,633 battles

I'm having it oddly hard to get 500 mbh with a Haragumo. 

Tbh I may drop some coin on it. Looks like a real fun boat.

Members
201 posts
21,174 battles
34 minutes ago, zubalkabir said:

Congrats.  Personally, I was just shooting for the Graf Spee, since I don't see anything in the Odin I can't get somewhere else.  But I'm stuck, since I don't own a CV.  To complete my current level, I either have to get something like 14 torpedo hits in a single battle, or 10 citadel hits.  Not impossible, but an extreme rarity, at least for me.  Then again, I just bought a T-61 for clan battles yesterday, and IIRC, there may have been an alternate condition that only requires 6 torpedo hits instead of 14 if you are in a T-61.  I'll have to check when I get home.

You do realize that you can ignore the CVs or even the Random missions, and still complete this, right?  Even that DD mission you mentioned isn't required as long as you can complete 7 of any of the other missions to go to the next level.  I am strictly PVE and am already halfway done with the last directive - and have not completed any of the CV missions since I suck in them (have been chipping away at them, but I still suck... :(    ).

[GOB]
Members
2,066 posts
7 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

What you seem to forget is that is your Books as you say,  is just that,  yours.    Not everyone has time to do this later and maybe they have travel, business or family commitments,  or all of the above,  that makes that 21 days left look more like 3. 

Cnc2.gif

[KWF]
Members
4,387 posts
6,405 battles
26 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

What you seem to forget is that is your Books as you say,  is just that,  yours.    Not everyone has time to do this later and maybe they have travel, business or family commitments,  or all of the above,  that makes that 21 days left look more like 3. 

Cnc2.gif

Not disagreeing, just saying that the time limits are pretty generous, even if you put 1-2 hours a day in.

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,254 posts
19,626 battles
13 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

Untitledstesdth.png

Congrats, got mine yesterday. She looks cool.

will test her today