You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
lordholland4293

Operations Reworks/Unavailable

9 comments in this topic

[5D3]
[5D3]
Members
505 posts
15,152 battles

I feel that the common senses is that defense of Naval Station is the worst of then all. If not fun, the carry potential is abysmal, and the win rate is low for randoms. Out of all the ops that, ultimate Frontier and defense of Naval Station are the worst because you are defending . WG forgot about money for just about three months and redo your ops.  An leave Narai alone

Edited by lordholland4293
spelling
  • Cool 3

[TBW]
Members
10,278 posts
17,456 battles

Narai had a bug and I feel you about Defeat of Naval Station Newport. I do get a lot more Co op battles in when Newport is the Operation of the week, or I don't play at all. It makes me think that it's a week of wasted premium time, which is a waste of money and I hate wasting money so I probably won't re-up on the premium time until they fix Operations. They really should try making it a tier 7 Operation.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 1

[5D3]
[5D3]
Members
505 posts
15,152 battles
10 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Narai had a bug and I feel you about Defeat of Naval Station Newport. I do get a lot more Co op battles in when Newport is the Operation of the week, or I don't play at all. It makes me think that it's a week of wasted premium time, which is a waste of money and I hate wasting money so I probably won't re-up on the premium time until they fix Operations. They really should try making it a tier 7 Operation.

thank you for the defense on naval, it needs to be tier 7 or better 8 and just keep the enemys the same and retier it

[WPORT]
Members
5,385 posts
10,416 battles
44 minutes ago, lordholland4293 said:

I feel that the common senses is that defense of Naval Station is the worst of then all. If not fun, the carry potential is abysmal, and the win rate is low for randoms. Out of all the ops that, ultimate Frontier and defense of Naval Station are the worst because you are defening . WG forgot about money for just a three months and redo your ops.  An leave Narai alone

Defense of Naval Station Newport is feasible.

Players need to improve their game.  They need to shoot competently and focus on the targets in a coordinated manner.

Also, yolo-ing out beyond the perimeter is risky and unnecessary.

It helps to have a CV in this Operation to perform spotting tasks and to disrupt enemy ship formations with torpedo launches.

The Operation is challenging only for people who haven't learned how to play well enough.

It is a target-rich environment that offers a good chance for everyone to earn credits and XP.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 2

[WOLF7]
Members
208 posts

I would like to use this opportunity to say that before today, the best result I had on Newport was three stars. Played 3 times divved up with Hoperations today and got 4 stars, then 5 stars, then 5 stars again. Awesome stuff. If anyone is having trouble with an op, Hoperations is the way to go. :cap_like:

• Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
5,373 posts
16,119 battles
7 minutes ago, HamAndCheez said:

Played 3 times divved up with Hoperations today and got 4 stars

Wait- a Hoperations team only got 4 stars???  They're slipping.

• Funny 1

Members
6,110 posts
7,416 battles
3 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

Wait- a Hoperations team only got 4 stars???  They're slipping.

I don't believe they were playing in a full 7-man div, and even then Newport can be hard. It's why we never play it unless someone needs to 5-star it, like HamAndCheeze.

[SBS]
Members
5,896 posts
4 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

It is a target-rich environment that offers a good chance for everyone to earn credits and XP.

Target rich, sure, but it can be really hard to run your guns efficiently.  You spend way to much time taking long range shots that generally yield low DPM.  If you try to get into a position to make your guns work you get focused.  I suppose if you know the op inside and out like the Hoperations guys you can make it work.  With a bunch of randos its painful.  I played 6 times today and went 2-4, 3 stars both times.  This op just isn't fun. 

[O_O]
Members
673 posts

Newport is by far the best.  No one knows what they're doing so I can clean up.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1