You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
JenosIdanian49

Custom Captains and Other Languages

3 comments in this topic

Members
18 posts
6,240 battles

I needed another captain for my German line, so I grabbed a Dasha. (What the hell.) It seemed fine once I moved the sound_mods_official_0001.pkg file into a separate folder, as I don't speak Russian, and it's nice to get information and warnings in a language I can actually understand. But with the latest update, moving that file makes the game crash.

Under the old system, moving that file got rid of having captains shouting at you in languages you might not understand, and that was convenient. Now I find the value of these custom captains greatly diminished, as I trade off their special abilities for not getting basic information helpful for survival. Is there a new easy way to fix this, or should I just dump any custom captains that speak languages I don't?

[WORX]
Members
10,708 posts
18,582 battles
2 minutes ago, JenosIdanian49 said:

is there a new easy way to fix this, or should I just dump any custom captains that speak languages I don't?

Nope...

The voice actors who provide the voice for these Special captains, dont speak any other languages then their own. 

The same can be said for a non English speaker complaining about, his Jingles Captain not speaking Chinese to relay on his survival.

The only fast recommendation I see, adapt to what you lack... OR just use an English cpt.

Members
18 posts
6,240 battles

Prior to the latest update, removing the file I mentioned simply made the captains use the default voices, and I liked that. (I suspect gamers using other languages had the same effect.) Now I'm stuck with several captains that have lost a considerable amount of their value to me.