Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
USS_Saratoga_CV3

A close game

13 comments in this topic

Members
14 posts

In a division when i was playing with my division mate Merhai akshay i was using the Midway and early in the battle i sunk a odin and after that i sunk a enemy DD and A enemy tirpitz was caping B but it left it and A and B were still captured by us but the enemy was ahead of points and i telled a des moines to cap C and he agreed and caped it but the enemy's points were still ahead and i sunk the Tirpitz with a bomb and my team was ahead of points and the ships left on my team was my division mate and the des moines and the enemy had 2 ships left a NC and the enemy CV and my team completed the mission and the time left was like 30 seconds.

Edited by USS_Saratoga_CV3
I accidently posted the topic
  • Confused 2

Members
602 posts
884 battles

Um, someone might need to give you some punctuation marks for your birthday. I can barely tell what came first.

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

[WOLFG]
Members
28,971 posts
8,218 battles

I had one last night that was a real nail-biter.

1 ship left on each side, us with a Freddie, enemy had a Vlad, and a 50-point lead with 2 out of 3 caps.

Our Freddie approached the bow-on Vlad, who went for a ram. The Freddie turned away and took a nasty broadside hit, but the Vlad missed the ram. 

Freddie's secondaries whittled away at the Vlad as the clock ticked down. We won, but it was so close, that the initial explosion from the sunk Vlad froze as the timer hit 0. :Smile_ohmy:

• Thanks 1

Members
242 posts
27,031 battles

I had one where we capped B in enough time to win on points if nothing changed. The enemy Smolensk therefore went into A to keep the point lead. A Zao and I killed him in the last 3 seconds to flip the score and win.

• Funny 1

[WOLFG]
Members
28,971 posts
8,218 battles
19 minutes ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

Close games are the best games.

Shame WG doesn't agree.

WG aren't the ones folding like wet origami and causing all the blowouts.

That's on us, the players.

You want close games, you're better off playing something with respawns and/or dynamic handicapping.

This is a random PvP game with potentially high alpha strikes and no respawns. The only way to make up for a lost ship is to sink one of the enemy's.

That so many people have trouble doing so isn't WG's fault.

There's already so much heat on WG for catering to the "lowest common denominator". How much more help do potatoes need?

Members
1,092 posts
1 hour ago, Skpstr said:

WG aren't the ones folding like wet origami and causing all the blowouts.

That's on us, the players.

You want close games, you're better off playing something with respawns and/or dynamic handicapping.

This is a random PvP game with potentially high alpha strikes and no respawns. The only way to make up for a lost ship is to sink one of the enemy's.

That so many people have trouble doing so isn't WG's fault.

There's already so much heat on WG for catering to the "lowest common denominator". How much more help do potatoes need?

How about TRUE Balance, + - 1 mm, RNG rethink, radar set to actual{no thru islands} true LOS actions, realistic ships not make believe.

Lose the "National Flavor" lose the gimmicks.

[WOLFG]
Members
28,971 posts
8,218 battles
28 minutes ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

How about TRUE Balance, + - 1 mm, RNG rethink, radar set to actual{no thru islands} true LOS actions, realistic ships not make believe.

Lose the "National Flavor" lose the gimmicks.

Too late for all that. It would become a completely different game.

Only thing they could really do at this point would be some MM tweaks, the +%-1 you mention included, and tone down the offensive power at higher tiers.

Edited by Skpstr
  • Cool 1

[NEMO]
Members
127 posts
11,230 battles

Stream of consciousness, you don't see that here every day.

[META_]
Members
2,195 posts
7,270 battles
3 minutes ago, ruggus99 said:

Stream of consciousness, you don't see that here every day.

do you remember back a couple years ago when almost every other post was a rant/vent wall of text with no punctuation not even a comma and the vast majority were ranting about walls of torps and other stuff that related to any class's capacity to sink or even damage a BB which was supposed to be the ultimate vessel according to many players that were posting a lot in the forums because they actually thought somebody would agree with them and if there were enough people that agreed with them and write a letter to WG and the devs would say why didn't i think of that and make a change just for you that would actually work and then permanently give you great RNG AND outstanding MM so you didn't have to even try to be super dark purple unicum and everybody would like you in and out of the game and you would become on utube and your job would be easier and the raise would be huge and i'm a little off topic so back to the topic on hand about close games and damn they are fun and it's still the major reason i play the game and it's now down to one close game about every ten or twelve battles and sure would like to see more than that but it would probably be too much stress cause i'm old and so probably i need to figure that WG is actually taking care of my health more by making the game frustrating and sometime boring that wildly exciting like it used to be when we had a lot of steamroller stomps remember those and walls of torps between every island because shima and you couldn't see them more than a mile away and there were no CVs and even then you could still shoot planes down if you were in the right ship. 

maybe it hasn't really changed that much, huh?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 2

Members
1,092 posts
9 minutes ago, Spud_butt said:

do you remember back a couple years ago when almost every other post was a rant/vent wall of text with no punctuation not even a comma and the vast majority were ranting about walls of torps and other stuff that related to any class's capacity to sink or even damage a BB which was supposed to be the ultimate vessel according to many players that were posting a lot in the forums because they actually thought somebody would agree with them and if there were enough people that agreed with them and write a letter to WG and the devs would say why didn't i think of that and make a change just for you that would actually work and then permanently give you great RNG AND outstanding MM so you didn't have to even try to be super dark purple unicum and everybody would like you in and out of the game and you would become on utube and your job would be easier and the raise would be huge and i'm a little off topic so back to the topic on hand about close games and damn they are fun and it's still the major reason i play the game and it's now down to one close game about every ten or twelve battles and sure would like to see more than that but it would probably be too much stress cause i'm old and so probably i need to figure that WG is actually taking care of my health more by making the game frustrating and sometime boring that wildly exciting like it used to be when we had a lot of steamroller stomps remember those and walls of torps between every island because shima and you couldn't see them more than a mile away and there were no CVs and even then you could still shoot planes down if you were in the right ship. 

maybe it hasn't really changed that much, huh?

Thanks for reminding me, where have you been?

almost every other post was a rant/vent wall of text with no punctuation not even a comma

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
5,883 posts
17,922 battles

Should have made a copy, but in one game I had a few weeks back the lead changed twice in the final second.  As the timer hit one second, we were losing...then we were winning....then we lost.  

Enemy had more caps than we did so was winning on the points bleed.  We got a kill in the last second that was just enough to put us ahead. But not enough to keep us ahead on the final cap tic, which put the reds back in the lead.

Sign in to follow this