Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dimzzy

Setup for RB regrinds

10 comments in this topic

[-1]
Members
568 posts
9,002 battles

I know that some people strongly object to the entire idea of line regrinds but this is my setup to earn points with minimal efforts, focused on one line:

1) I somehow collected permacamos (through various missions) for Pensacola, New Orleans, Baltimore and Buffalo. I think that every line where you have T8 and T9 permacamos is a good candidate.

2) With each regrind more ships in the line will have well-specced captains (Alaska helped here too) and you can pick skills specific for the ships because you don't have to drag one captain through the whole line. This actually helps a lot.

3) I like all ships in the line starting from New Orleans, so a bit of free xp for low tiers is not a big deal. The most important thing here is that you should not have "bad apples" in the line for high tiers. And US heavy cruisers is totally fine for me.

4) Reset the line for x2 bonuses to maximize points gain.

5) It's sad that I will me missing Des Moines most of the time but there is a Salem for coal. I know, they are different ships, but given how many ships we have in the game and that I still should be able to play it between regrinds it does not look like a big issue.

Maybe it will become boring--who knows--but at least that's my plan so far.

• Cool 1

[SOFOP]
Members
2,343 posts
13,734 battles

Agree with all your points.

I liked the US cruiser line well enough, but decided that Des Moines was going to be too valuable for Clan Battles to have it missing (decision was made back when there weren't nearly as many viable radar alternatives).   So I went with the IJN gunboat DD line, which I also enjoy, am reasonably decent at, and it has the benefit of being really cheap XP wise if you plan to FXP through.

The perma camos help a lot if you are going to do the same line repeatedly..  I have the Perma camos on the T6, T8 and T9, though I usually just free XP through T6 and T7.  If you can wait for a ranked that falls in line with one of the tiers, all the better.  Scenarios used to be a gold mine but not anymore.

[W-P-E]
[W-P-E]
Members
221 posts
20,421 battles

I didn't reset anything for 1st bonus,  then decided to replay USN cruisers as I have perm camos (except for T2-T5 and Seattle) and haven't played them much after the split.  So reset Des Moines last day of 2nd bonus, and reset Worcester first day of 3rd bonus, with goal to do T2 to T5 once.  Got back Worcester early July, and will get Des Moines soon.  4th reset bonus went to IJN gunboats. 

31 days to 5th reset bonus...

[BB22]
Members
541 posts
6,617 battles

I think im going to regrind usn dds, I love them all except the gearing, which makes the regrind fun, and missing the t10 minimal.

[TBW]
Members
9,953 posts
16,768 battles

I concentrate on the UK DD line and once I reset the German DDs, just because I hadn't finished regrinding the British line in time.

[-UCS-]
Members
83 posts
8,729 battles

Agree with your approach. I have been using the KMN BB’s. I have 19 pt captains on T6-T9, permacamos on T8-T9 and soon T7. 
It was working really good before Narai got nerfed. I could zoom through T5 with a combination of Co-op and occasional random. T6 & T7 in Scenarios. 

T7-T9: I keep a tracking sheet for the XP & FXP earned with a running total. When the running total hits the research target, then I move up. 

I only buy or research the minimum modules and look for opportunities to buy upgrades (free unload!) 

Almost done with FDG on my third reset. My approach:  avoid burning single use camo, use flags wisely, as in, never use flags in co-op. RB is hard on credits - I have been oscillating between 120m and 170m for 9 months. Slows down grind on other lines. You do get ships in exchange for the effort. 

[WOLF9]
Members
90 posts
10,838 battles

I’ve been regrinding the US CL line multiple times as it’s my favorite set of ships.  This last time I also reset the US CA line to double up on the T1 -T5 regrind.  

I have found it fun to revisit ships I hadn’t played in ages and to see my performance numbers go up from my clueless noob days.  The only exception has been Tier 7 - with the change to matchmaking to help T9, I have seen my win rates drop on Helena and New Orleans.  I take solace in seeing my damage and kills numbers going up, even with the wins not coming like they used to.

[WOLF9]
Members
470 posts
16,997 battles

Well, I am giving the RB a go.  I reset the IJN cruiser line and sitting at Mogami at the moment.  BUt I had a different thought as I go through Zao withdrawals.

I started the cheapest lines - IJN gunboats and IJN Torp boats.

One quarter I will reset one line, and the next I will reset the other.  Also, before I will reset either line, I will make sure I have the T6 for the other line.  This way I can start the regrind at T6 and go from there.  I haven't tried this out yet, but it seems like a way of saving some pain.

• Cool 1

[WOLFA]
Beta Testers
38 posts
17,385 battles

Unless I’m doing a split line I always just do the x2 bonus and try and stick with lines I have good capts on for high tiers. On my second burn through in pan Asian dds since I really enjoy that line except for the tier 6.

Perma camos are nice but I find the biggest factor for me is having pre trained captains. You get so used to playing with those 19 pt captains it can be like stepping  into the stone ages if you have to go with a low pointer.

Sign in to follow this