You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Usedcarjock

Odin: First Game Thoughts

7 comments in this topic

[-TKS-]
Members
1,067 posts
8,628 battles

shot-20_07.15_11_33.09-0783.thumb.jpg.a52621493a6477b67c5ccb4255129949.jpg

shot-20_07.15_11_33.16-0728.thumb.jpg.3cef9042274e1857288a426a5c6cbeb7.jpg

My first game in the Odin and of course she would premier in a tier X match. There were no DDs present but there was a cv, a very dangerous one at that. About halfway through the Hakuryu decided I had lived long enough and did his best to focus me down. However, the sturdiness of the Odin surprised both my adversary and myself. Odin has surpassed my favorite German BB Tirpitz in nearly every capacity save for health pool. While at times I did feel concerned seeing how much health a random citadel could cause (Thanks Champagne sniping me at 19.7 km) but honestly I place that more on the German armor scheme than the ship. The secondaries were a joy to work with and I chased down an Izumo all the while bouncing shells with proper angling. Overall I definitely will be playing more of Odin to see what she has to offer, but so far she has certainly impressed.

With more and more Odins joining the game, how have your first few random battles gone?

[TBW]
Members
10,290 posts
17,483 battles

Nice maiden voyage, I don't think I will finish enough directives to buy her. I don't play randoms.  Ya know, I never block out the players names if I am not doing any shaming.

[KWF]
Members
4,372 posts
6,405 battles

Mine went decently well. The guns are mediocre to be honest with classic German accuracy and that propensity to either shatter or overpenetrate. Torpedo angles are uncomfortable if bow on as well. That said, the ship itself is very tanky, with even decent AA, and hey, it combines Hydro and torpedoes, so that's something. I wouldn't say she is a particularly competitive ship, but can definitely pull her weight.

The real Achilles heel are torpedoes in my opinion, due to the small HP pool and low torp protection. With a nudge to something like 30-40% torpedo protection this could be the tankiest tier VIII BB.

[WOLF8]
Members
7,344 posts
6,239 battles

Odin works great in Coop too. Her armor can bounce or soak up some hefty hits thrown by the bots. Of course, there's the issue of fires, but that's nothing unique or new.

She almost became my new favorite BB, but I just couldn't abandon the good ol' Tirpitz. And GK. And Freddie. And Bisko. And Scharnhorst and Gneisenau too, lol. :Smile_hiding:

So Odin became one of many of my favorite BB's in the game, equally... lel. :Smile_teethhappy:

[RLGN]
Members
14,302 posts
25,219 battles

About 20 Montana citadels and fires left to get it, I think.

[-TKS-]
Members
1,067 posts
8,628 battles
11 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Nice maiden voyage, I don't think I will finish enough directives to buy her. I don't play randoms.  Ya know, I never block out the players names if I am not doing any shaming.

Funnily enough I did all but the final 140k XP grind in Coop, much easier to do, but I understand the feeling. 

8 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Odin works great in Coop too. Her armor can bounce or soak up some hefty hits thrown by the bots. Of course, there's the issue of fires, but that's nothing unique or new.

She almost became my new favorite BB, but I just couldn't abandon the good ol' Tirpitz. And GK. And Freddie. And Bisko. And Scharnhorst and Gneisenau too, lol. :Smile_hiding:

So Odin became one of many of my favorite BB's in the game, equally... lel. :Smile_teethhappy:

Fair enough. I tend to lean towards US BBs personally but the German BBs do have a place in my port. Also nice pudding.

Just now, Estimated_Prophet said:

About 20 Montana citadels and fires left to get it, I think.

Almost there! Keep at it, she was well worth the grind.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,428 posts
14,165 battles

She is a good one but isn't as resilient as the Scharnhorst so be careful when you show the broadside.