Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Meatshield_No13

Battle of Jutland part 1 video

3 comments in this topic

[HSD]
Members
703 posts
12,349 battles

Recent video, goes into detail breaking down various stages and actions, mostly covering the Battlecruiser part of the battle. I found it informative to watch/listen and liked the touch of using various people as voices for recounting of some of the moments (example Jingles is used for Warspite), though I found 1 of the German ones to be very faint so I had to crank the volume just for that one.

[HSD]
Members
703 posts
12,349 battles

Part 3, discussing results and aftermath.

Edit: interesting, while the British Battlecruisers definitely displayed poorer accuracy versus their German counterparts in the battle (lack of gunnery practice due to not being at Scapa an example). The Queens Elizabeth's and the Grand Fleet appear to have demonstrated equivalent or marginally better accuracy than the German ships. With the faulty shells playing a significant part in hits to German ships being somewhat superficial. I had always thought that the Germans were generally the better shots with the British being worse to varying degrees (Battlecruisers the worst and the Q.E.s being near parity to the Germans).

Also the distinct difference in British Battlecruiser progression meaning insufficient armour was not a universally applicable criticism to them.

Edited by Meatshield_No13

Sign in to follow this