Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Check_On_Tech

Stop Bait And Switch Swindling The Player Base.

10 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
51 posts
28,160 battles

Please stop subtracting the benefits of the legendary modules and ships after players earn them. It is pure deception to change the value of items after the transaction is complete without compensation. It is understandable if an occasional mistake is made and fair value is addressed, however, this has gotten out of hand. There have been dozens of instances where ships and other items are changed to less value in the name of balance without so much as an acknowledgement of the inherent loss to the players. There are no consequences for WG when this occurs and as a result it has reached abusive levels. If you must make these changes offer fair value in compensation and stop ignoring your mistakes hurt the player base.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,953
[TBW]
Members
10,290 posts
17,483 battles

So what exactly are you talking about? Changes to Upgrades? Balance of tech tree ships? Global changes? I don't quite understand how you have been swindled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,335
Members
1,603 posts
25,121 battles
21 minutes ago, Check_On_Tech said:

There are no consequences for WG when this occurs and as a result it has reached abusive levels.

The player base can quit shoveling $$ into WG's maw if they choose. This would make WG experience "consequences" for their actions.

  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
808
[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
931 posts
10,176 battles

The unique upgrades don't cost real money, therefore there is absolutely no reason Wargaming can't or shouldn't be willing and able to change them at any time for the sake of game balance. This extends the viable lifetime of the game, and to deny them this tool for personal benefit of keeping a tech tree ship OP is the pinnacle of self absorbed narcissism. I feel no sympathy on this, and I doubt most of us would. Seeing as this is common in multiplayer online games, if you don't like it, stop playing MMORPGs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,539
[HINON]
Members
13,269 posts
1 hour ago, Check_On_Tech said:

 

Where did you pay money for unique upgrades?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
269
[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
815 posts
9,703 battles
20 minutes ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

The unique upgrades don't cost real money, therefore there is absolutely no reason Wargaming can't or shouldn't be willing and able to change them at any time for the sake of game balance. This extends the viable lifetime of the game, and to deny them this tool for personal benefit of keeping a tech tree ship OP is the pinnacle of self absorbed narcissism. I feel no sympathy on this, and I doubt most of us would. Seeing as this is common in multiplayer online games, if you don't like it, stop playing MMORPGs.

I think the point of the op post is the unique modules, not necessarily tech tree ships. While they didn’t cost any money to obtain and WG has all rights to modify change or delete them if they choose for whatever reason, there is a point to be made about the amount of time people put into to obtaining the UU aka legendary modules.  I ground out several before they Went to the RB and while I don’t expect compensation or rewards for them because they were changed to something I don’t see as valuable, it does suck a little still

Edited by ditka_Fatdog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33
[TOG]
[TOG]
Members
43 posts
4,242 battles

WG is ruining the game with the current meta of HE spamming everything. The BB nerfs and the over all game play that isn't fun any more cause WG went from realistic to arcade and the contributors sit there and lost WG boots saying all is good. FIX THE GAME  

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,493
[-K-]
Members
8,354 posts
14,156 battles
19 minutes ago, Caboose_1972 said:

WG is ruining the game with the current meta of HE spamming everything. The BB nerfs and the over all game play that isn't fun any more cause WG went from realistic to arcade and the contributors sit there and lost WG boots saying all is good. FIX THE GAME  

World of Warships was and has been an arcade game for its entire existence.  

It has never been based on pure realism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
363
[SOCOM]
[SOCOM]
Members
636 posts
21,580 battles

WG does what ever pleases them, they don't give a rats backside how what they do affects the player base, They removed my moska and made it a special ship. So Now I can either buy back and regrind the POS T9 or just never complete the line. Do they care nope they just push buttons and take and give as they see fit not how it will affect the players. Ever read Animal Farm?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,134
[ARS]
Beta Testers
4,640 posts
5,000 battles
Just now, Check_On_Tech said:

Please stop subtracting the benefits of the legendary modules and ships after players earn them. It is pure deception to change the value of items after the transaction is complete without compensation. It is understandable if an occasional mistake is made and fair value is addressed, however, this has gotten out of hand. There have been dozens of instances where ships and other items are changed to less value in the name of balance without so much as an acknowledgement of the inherent loss to the players. There are no consequences for WG when this occurs and as a result it has reached abusive levels. If you must make these changes offer fair value in compensation and stop ignoring your mistakes hurt the player base.

MMOs get balance changes.   All of them.

Should I have thrown a tantrum in World of Warcraft when they removed my Shaman's Disease Cleansing Totem because it was too powerful against Death Knights after I had worked so hard to level up and gear up?

Nope, balance changes happen and sometimes they reduce our power in the games.  Oh well.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×