Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
StoptheViolins

AI Focus Fire is Back

8 comments in this topic

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
2,424 posts

..Or did it ever leave? A DD is literally 5km from an AI cruiser and it and it's buddies think that the BB 15km away is the best choice since it was the AI's first choice. No matter what anyone else does to the AI in the game it will keep firing at that BB as long as it is in range. I thought WG had made the AI not focus fire and fire at the biggest threat.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,131 posts
14,323 battles

My Priority Target indicator reached a new personal record last night. Seven. Out of nine bots.

[WOLF3]
Members
27,063 posts
23,845 battles

Yet players on co-op get 97% win rates despite the ai doing what it does.

And battleships are stupidly easy there.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,736 posts

It's been more intense recently -- do not be in an area with open lines of fire AND spotted first. 

[HSD]
Members
704 posts
12,392 battles

If I'm playing a suitable ship I will be more than happy to be spotted and shot first in Co-Op. Sometimes I will go "fishing" by firing the rear turret(s) just to bloom detection. Works great for getting some potential damage going (if needed) or just knowing what is coming because the bots have no trigger discipline.

[SALVO]
Members
4,429 posts
3,825 battles

Bots are weird, two nights ago had a Bot Gneis chase my DD around for about 5 minutes (I was farming potential damage) all the while it was firing main batteries who knows where but not me, not once. I bet they introduced some code to prioritize effective targeting so the BBs are not wasting ammo on dodging DDs.

[PQUOD]
Members
2,386 posts
5,095 battles

This hurts in scenarios though. You can get burnt to the waterline pretty quick if the bots decide you are the chosen one.

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
510 posts
5,022 battles

It just goes wierd sometimes. I recently got Atlanta, because touch the rainbow. Anyhow, was on Shards (hate that map) and ended up low health in one of the bowls alone with three reds. Dead? Nope. Fisnished well as they were all shooting at other things. But in another game on Neighbors I was focused by 8 reds at long range in a full health Atago immediately after my first salvo - I died about 90 seconds into the match. Go figure.

Sign in to follow this