You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Dr_Venture

I LOVE AP BOMBZ

17 comments in this topic

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,896 posts
5,627 battles

Parseval is quickly becoming my favorite ship in the game. 

Now that I know how to use it....

Commentary provided by @Webbie

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 2

[INTEL]
Members
13,067 posts
36,061 battles

I love AP shells. You have to take risks to use them, learn hard things like positioning and mitigating damage, and anticipating how the ship will react using weapons that are not nearly instantaneous. And of course, in that interaction, you offer fun for the other ships shooting at you and dodging your shells. 

But I digress. Certainly looks like a lot of fun to hit helpless ships whose defenses are purposely constructed so they can do nothing meaningful to stop you!

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,176 posts
9,512 battles

WG: We need to do a global nerf of all AP dive bomb damage as players are too effective in using them that includes Graf Zeppelin.

Also WG: LOL lets buff the tech tree German CVs AP dive bomb damage right before our global AP dive bomb nerf.

• Cool 3

[BONKS]
Members
1,496 posts
50 battles
1 hour ago, Vader_Sama said:

Also WG: LOL lets buff the tech tree German CVs AP dive bomb damage right before our global AP dive bomb nerf.

Lets face it, the AP bomb nerf wasn't out of balancing concerns but to sell KM CVs.

• Thanks 2

[D-H-O]
Beta Testers
1,161 posts
10,892 battles
2 hours ago, Taichunger said:

I love AP shells. You have to take risks to use them, learn hard things like positioning and mitigating damage, and anticipating how the ship will react using weapons that are not nearly instantaneous. And of course, in that interaction, you offer fun for the other ships shooting at you and dodging your shells. 

But I digress. Certainly looks like a lot of fun to hit helpless ships whose defenses are purposely constructed so they can do nothing meaningful to stop you!

Why are you talking about AP shells in an AP Bomb thread?

• Boring 1

[O_O]
Members
673 posts

In a few months these CVs will be nerfed too, after people spend money on the German crates of course.

Unless the CV population tanks again, then they might just leave AP bombs alone.

• Cool 1

[TBB]
Members
616 posts
4,885 battles

If you really loved them, you would not show a video of them being good ;)

• Funny 1

Alpha Tester
6,440 posts
3,250 battles

In contrast to everyone else's complaints about you using German CVs, mine is about the video commentary. I'm not a big fan of you shouting like some jobless neckbeard or a 12 year old who thinks they're being "mature" and "edgy" whenever you kill something.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
6,440 posts
3,250 battles
1 hour ago, madgiecool said:

Why are you talking about AP shells in an AP Bomb thread?

He's being sarcastic by saying that whereas you don't have to do much to mitigate the damage you take from AP shells, it's much harder not to get shredded by AP bombs.

[SPTR]
Members
3,870 posts
789 battles

Man, why can't GZ get these planes too?

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[CLUMP]
Members
834 posts
1,171 battles
34 minutes ago, Rustyhole said:

In a few months these CVs will be nerfed too, after people spend money on the German crates of course.

Unless the CV population tanks again, then they might just leave AP bombs alone.

The price of German containers plus this is the reason why I am so reluctant to spend   :Smile_sceptic: Enjoy it while last also nerfing premium CVs was a bad move in my opinion :Smile-angry:

Edited by LastRemnant

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,343 posts
19,570 battles

Thanks for helping us all appreciate a little better what real CCs don't sound like. Cripes that was a terrible watch.

• Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[5D3]
[5D3]
Members
505 posts
15,152 battles
8 hours ago, Dr_Venture said:

Parseval is quickly becoming my favorite ship in the game. 

Now that I know how to use it....

Commentary provided by @Webbie

I agreed it's fun playing wieser in aegis, the bbs melt under the bomber 11k on passes lol

5,896 posts
5,627 battles
9 hours ago, 1Sherman said:

In contrast to everyone else's complaints about you using German CVs, mine is about the video commentary. I'm not a big fan of you shouting like some jobless neckbeard or a 12 year old who thinks they're being "mature" and "edgy" whenever you kill something.

Well, I may have a neck beard...but I'm certainly not jobless. 

If the purpose of my video was to be edgy and cool...I would have sprinkled in anime girls or other graphics or whatever.

Thing you should know, AP bombs require skill funnily enough. Cruisers are actually hard to hit, and those planes go down fast. It's actually very rare for me to nearly instakill someone like that cruiser. I've got replays of my planes being outright shredded by similar cruisers....so eh?

I also work in advertising, so thank you for your feedback!

5,896 posts
5,627 battles
7 hours ago, Edgecase said:

Thanks for helping us all appreciate a little better what real CCs don't sound like. Cripes that was a terrible watch.

You should see those same CC's earlier videos, they were quite similar. 

Again, thank you for your feedback.

5,896 posts
5,627 battles
9 hours ago, 1Sherman said:

He's being sarcastic by saying that whereas you don't have to do much to mitigate the damage you take from AP shells, it's much harder not to get shredded by AP bombs.

Most of my AP bomb damage comes from yolo'ing spuds who camp or don't try and avoid the strike. It's very easy to dodge a bomber strike.

[TARK]
Members
6,633 posts
2,525 battles
12 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Lets face it, the AP bomb nerf wasn't out of balancing concerns but to sell KM CVs.

...if only it had been designed to ALSO sell Enterprise again...
Missed opportunity.

9 hours ago, Rustyhole said:

Probably.