Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
handybilly

Nurnberg, the new tiger.

12 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
463 posts
9,168 battles

Am I just having a run of luck or has the Nurnberg really turned into a great boat since the IFHE changes. I have always liked her and played her a lot in the past, but my win rate has been steadily going up as of late- rising from about 50 to 56%. She is slow and can't take a hit but her guns seem so much better now. Anyone else experience this?

[PNP]
Members
460 posts
4,257 battles
25 minutes ago, handybilly said:

Am I just having a run of luck or has the Nurnberg really turned into a great boat since the IFHE changes. I have always liked her and played her a lot in the past, but my win rate has been steadily going up as of late- rising from about 50 to 56%. She is slow and can't take a hit but her guns seem so much better now. Anyone else experience this?

I havent touched Nurnberg in ages. Mind asking what capt build you are using?

[ARGSY]
Members
463 posts
9,168 battles

Actually not the optimum.  A 16 pt captain with PT, AR, DE, CE, BFT and SE. Not sure if BFT and SE are useful but you don't need IFHE and it is hard to figure what else you need. BFT does help me shoot down some aircraft. But there have to be better builds.

[IMP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
205 posts
4,615 battles

I'd definitely swap out SE for Super Intendent and I'm not too sure about BFT, maybe if it's a 100% dedicated captain for Nurnberg. I have Makarov and I used to run my Khaba captain in it, which had IFHE and SE and well, it isn't worth it really, Germany already has improved pen on HE so extra penetration is not required to be honest, I found the hard way that fires > raw damage with HE.

[BONKS]
Members
200 posts
8,915 battles

She hasn't received any buffs so it's you. You're getting better/lucky at playing her 

[PVE]
Members
6,181 posts
22,432 battles

Gotta love that 6 second reload...it's always been a beast. Not to mention that 16km range w/pretty decent accuracy & a decent rudder shift when at top speed.

Haven't run it since IFHE was introduced (not that it matters...wasted 4 points there for sure) but DE was a 3% instead of just a 2% buff back then I do believe so that probably added to its beastliness.

It could hold it's own against Atlantas even & back then only those that ranked out owned them...of course the range helped there (along w/the less floaty shells).

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,921 posts
26,913 battles

She is a good boat, just very squishy. Last captain assigned „Achtung, das urinieren auf das Deck ist verboten“ signs, because he was afraid of getting cit by peeing on deck. Guns are very good, you just cannot sit all game behind a rock like USN cruisers.

Just underrated because she needs skill. Like the Molotov.

[BONKS]
Members
1,502 posts
50 battles

Nürnberg has always been a ship defined by a rather high skill floor. Your success in her comes down to how well you can manage her squishyness. The average player will inevitably get blown almost immediately out of the water by the next best BB, but if you take advantage of her maneuverability, her excellent gun performance for her tier, her 360° turning rear guns which give her some interesting evasive options and her torps which grant her a painful sting should anything come too close and you become a violent pest to deal with.

Well, except for carriers ofc. Nürnberg dies hard and fast to rockets, torps and bombs alike without even the chance of causing significant losses to a CV unless said CV is a potato.

[D-H-O]
Beta Testers
1,161 posts
10,892 battles

image.jpeg.f464ea8bb2a1ec9fe46c76be04ab39a3.jpeg

Ships are now Tigers as well?!  So confusing.

image.jpeg.048e9b469b2267679c13fa9b29c6c6dd.jpeg

..and the other Tiger

[WOLF3]
Members
27,081 posts
23,857 battles
6 hours ago, handybilly said:

Her guns have always been good ever since the German Cruiser HE Pen Buff from years ago.

Her only real big negative is how super squishy she is.

In short, the game hasn't really changed for her and other German CLs.

But yes, German CLs' standing have only increased greatly ever since the IFHE / Armor changes.  Before the changes you had mid tier CL powerhouses like Helena.  Now Helena and all other "normal" mid tier CLs have to make hard choices:  Low Pen with Fire Build, or High Pen with very little Fire Build.  Even the RU CLs have to make harsh choices.  Even worse for the Russians, their 180mm guns have the same HE Pen as smaller 152mm (so much for Russian bias).  Atlanta and Flint got ravaged by the changes.

German CLs just need to slap on DE.  Nurnberg can farm High Tier USN BBs and their 38mm deck armor while Helena, even with IFHE, can't even HE Pen 32mm.

IMO, this is now a Golden Age for German Cruiser guns, especially their CLs.

German CAs still got their high pen, and Hindenburg can now fire faster than ever before.

German CLs got their high HE Pen and can burn also, while their "Normal" peers have to make harsh choices.  Recently added Mainz is doing quite well.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[-K-]
Members
8,360 posts
14,164 battles
7 hours ago, handybilly said:

IFHE changes did nothing to affect Nurnberg.

If you're getting better results, it's your play reflecting that.

[GLF]
Beta Testers
732 posts

Both of the "Berg" sisters have always been solid shooters. Long ranged and hard hitting. Darn things almost print "Citadel Hits".

As others have said, they ARE a tad squishy, and they are not the most nimble of ships.

Sign in to follow this