You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Helstrem

At long last, after 4786 matches played, I have earned the coveted title of "hacker" (I use a completely vanilla client)

36 comments in this topic

[ARS]
Beta Testers
6,486 posts
6,352 battles

In my final battle while grinding through HMS Devonshire I finally received my "hacker" badge.  I did so by shooting at a Fubuki that had smoked up while hardly moving by holding my guns are where I thought he was for the 5-10 seconds it took to reload.  Two shells hit and one of them caused a detonation.

hacker.png.21d11e9d1b9fab58f06c29f00aa396dc.png

• Cool 9
  • Funny 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,323 posts
14,923 battles

That is about the highest honor that can be bestowed on someone. :Smile_honoring: Any sufficiently skilled player is indistinguishable from hacking.

Edited by BrushWolf
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,086 posts
4,340 battles

Forget Rank 1, you haven't Ranked out until you've been given the coveted title of hacker:Smile_honoring:

Honestly though, that guy's out of touch. Smoke firing is really common now. Used to be no one bothered to shoot a smoke ship. But the last year there's so many that people are learning. Smoke up and shoot and chances are someone is going to lob a couple shells at you. People are really starting to counter smoke, and if you're not moving there's a good chance someone is going to tag you. The playerbase does adapt, it just takes a while. Except for this guy apparently.

[WKY04]
Members
4,047 posts
25,715 battles

Got accused twice last week. Second one accused me of being a WG employee and having sekrit company mods. 

• Funny 3

Members
7 posts

This evening I got accused of going afk the entire match and called a moron, even though I finished top 3. Guess it's possible /shrug.

[WOLF9]
Members
118 posts
15,046 battles
3 minutes ago, chunkers said:

This evening I got accused of going afk the entire match and called a moron, even though I finished top 3. Guess it's possible /shrug.

Were you in a Sinop?  If so, I think I was in that match with you.  I was surprised when someone from the other side of the map called you out.  

[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,907 posts
10,311 battles

Congrats! You won the internet for today :)

Members
7 posts
Just now, Purple_Dawn said:

Were you in a Sinop?  If so, I think I was in that match with you.  I was surprised when someone from the other side of the map called you out.  

Nope, a Nagato. Was hiding behind islands setting fire to t9 ships. I'm no expert at this game at all, total newbie even though I've had an account for many years. . I was not AFK though lol.

[WK]
1,272 posts
18,039 battles

You are slacking Karnak.  This happened ages ago for me. :Smile_teethhappy:

Welcome to the club, we have jackets.  What color would you like? :Smile_veryhappy:

• Funny 1

[ARS]
Beta Testers
6,486 posts
6,352 battles
1 minute ago, Volron said:

Welcome to the club, we have jackets.  What color would you like? :Smile_veryhappy:

Happened for me once in Aces High too, but this was my first time in WoWS.

• Funny 1

[-AFK-]
Members
1,266 posts
15,890 battles
2 hours ago, Helstrem said:

In my final battle while grinding through HMS Devonshire I finally received my "hacker" badge.  I did so by shooting at a Fubuki that had smoked up while hardly moving by holding my guns are where I thought he was for the 5-10 seconds it took to reload.  Two shells hit and one of them caused a detonation.

Well played hehe

Members
4,629 posts
45,333 battles
1 hour ago, Volron said:

That happened to me back in open Beta. I may have used a wand. I think the spell is Super Citadelius and Longinus Extremis.

Yes, there are jackets, pet lizards, a few snakes, a falcon or two, and maybe some cats.

If you are really magical, a blue dragon.

There are various parties we go to. Mostly, masquerade because we really don't want to really reveal ourselves.

Occasionally we do the ghost torpedo in game just to freak out the younger players on Halloween.

I agree it's been 5 years, most of us are working on our advanced doctoral thesis on overmatching at long range whilst in smoke.

• Funny 1

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,811 battles
5 hours ago, Helstrem said:

I finally received my "hacker" badge.

Laughing my brains out! Congratulations @Helstrem!

[PEKO]
7,026 posts
27,999 battles

Welcome to the club. After you flash that shiny new badge at the door, the first drink will be on the house.

Could be worse, cit a Atago, sailing 12km away broadside im front of my Arizona, to dead. Guy went completely mental and wanted to bring WG and me to court for hacking...

[UNHLY]
Members
3,226 posts
25,262 battles
6 hours ago, Helstrem said:

Congrats

Crowd Cheering GIF - Crowd Cheering - Discover & Share GIFs | Gif ...

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
30,826 posts
25,945 battles
7 hours ago, Helstrem said:

Congratulations on getting hackused!  It's a great compliment, and welcome to the club!

[FTY]
Members
208 posts
7,997 battles

It’s a great feeling, isn’t it?

One of the highest honor you can get in this game!:Smile_medal:

[ARGSY]
Members
24,393 posts
18,349 battles

The last time I did what you did, it was a Smolensk that I exploded in smoke with my Thunderer by tracing the shell arcs back.

The Smolensk player had the good grace to admit he'd been nailed fair and square, and congratulated me on the shot.

[YORHA]
Members
5,360 posts
10,521 battles

I have only been accused of hacking once, but I get bonus points because I was accused by a member of my own team.

• Funny 1

[WOLFG]
Members
12,566 posts
11,670 battles
19 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

I have only been accused of hacking once, but I get bonus points because I was accused by a member of my own team.

I see lots of hack accusations leveled at the reds.

Being in coop makes it kind of sad.

• Funny 2