You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
jdyoungca

German CV Missions

27 comments in this topic

Members
27 posts

How common are the missions to get the new German CVs?  I've completed the first two directives and got the missions for both the T4 and T6 carriers.  They were to get 8K and 12K base XP respectively which was pretty easy - both are now in my port.  Have I just been lucky or is everyone getting these?

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles

Going by previous events... you have to be lucky to even get one. :cap_haloween:

That said, I'm half done with directive 2 and have the T4's mission from the first directive 2 container. Maybe they are actually making it easy to get for once.

Or maybe the T4 and 6 are easy, but the T8 will require Noster levels of investment. I think he went through 280 premium containers for the last RN DD?

[RLGN]
Members
14,292 posts
25,149 battles

I think I have the one for Rhein? But honestly have no idea where it came from; if it was a drop, or I finished some qualifier in the Directives.

Members
27 posts
15 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

I think I have the one for Rhein? But honestly have no idea where it came from; if it was a drop, or I finished some qualifier in the Directives.

Mine came from the special German Carrier Containers you get from some of the missions and for finishing the directives.

Members
27 posts
33 minutes ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

Going by previous events... you have to be lucky to even get one. :cap_haloween:

That said, I'm half done with directive 2 and have the T4's mission from the first directive 2 container. Maybe they are actually making it easy to get for once.

Or maybe the T4 and 6 are easy, but the T8 will require Noster levels of investment. I think he went through 280 premium containers for the last RN DD?

OK - maybe I've just been lucky then.  If I get the T8 mission too it might be time to buy a lottery ticket.

Of course, this might mean I'll have to learn to play CV.  I usually play DDs these days and so consider CVs to be the strongest evidence we have so far of Satan's direct involvement in WoWs.

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles
Just now, jdyoungca said:

OK - maybe I've just been lucky then.  If I get the T8 mission too it might be time to buy a lottery ticket.

Of course, this might mean I'll have to learn to play CV.  I usually play DDs these days and so consider CVs to be the strongest evidence we have so far of Satan's direct involvement in WoWs.

No better way to learn how to defeat a CV than to play as one. Was why I originally took them up. :cap_haloween:

[META_]
Members
2,195 posts
7,270 battles
2 minutes ago, jdyoungca said:

I usually play DDs these days and so consider CVs to be the strongest evidence we have so far of Satan's direct involvement in WoWs.

this confirms my suspicion. i first began to suspect when shooting at a CV in the Gooeypard, and kept getting 666 damage. switched to AP and got ... ready for this ... 666 damage.

then, of course, the CV sunk me with rockets and hellfire.

• Cool 2

Members
333 posts
16,295 battles

I've gotten all of the currently available free crates, and have gotten nothing but a bunch of worthless flags I already have hundreds of.

Edited by Telastyn

[WOLFG]
Members
860 posts
3 minutes ago, Telastyn said:

I've gotten all of the currently available free crates but one, and have gotten nothing but a bunch of worthless flags I already have hundreds of.

Same.

[CLUMP]
Members
818 posts
1,165 battles
13 minutes ago, Telastyn said:

I've gotten all of the currently available free crates but one, and have gotten nothing but a bunch of worthless flags I already have hundreds of.

Yeah you won't be getting those CV missions from those free crates that's for sure you would have to be extremely lucky  :Smile_hiding: You want those your chance would be better buying gold crates but those prices though :Smile_sceptic: 25 crates for 99$ Heck I just want the CV missions everything is else worthless to me :Smile_bajan2:

Edited by LastRemnant

[WPORT]
Members
5,441 posts
10,482 battles
1 hour ago, jdyoungca said:

How common are the missions to get the new German CVs?  I've completed the first two directives and got the missions for both the T4 and T6 carriers.  They were to get 8K and 12K base XP respectively which was pretty easy - both are now in my port.  Have I just been lucky or is everyone getting these?

I've completed 15 phases of Odin Dockyard construction and simultaneously have been accomplishing some of the German CV directives in the process.
I've had about ten German CV event crates drop in my lap, along with one I bought for doubloons.
Finally, I got a German CV mission.  It is for the Tier-4 CV Rhein.

shot-20.07.14_20.32.07-0234.jpg

[RLGN]
Members
14,292 posts
25,149 battles
19 minutes ago, jdyoungca said:

Mine came from the special German Carrier Containers you get from some of the missions and for finishing the directives.

I suppose that’s what happened, (think I have 12 of the free containers?) but I can’t say I recall ever actually seeing it drop...

[WOLFC]
Members
2,874 posts
16,272 battles

I've received 11 of the Free Containers so far ... from Directives and Daily Drops ... no CVs , which is OK as I don't play CVs.  But I must say this is the probably the worst event I've seen based on rewards and limited options & tokens.

Results: edit ... the quantity is for each container

Containers   Quantity 
Premium Day 1 1
BWR Camo 3 2
NovEchoSetteseven 2 10
Hydra 1 2
Ouroboros 1 2
Free XP 1 3000
Wyvern 1 2
PapaPapa 1 15
Edited by DocWalker

[O_O]
Members
673 posts
3 minutes ago, DocWalker said:

But I must say this is the probably the worst event I've seen based on rewards and limited options & tokens.

Early access event are popular so the beatings will continue...

Members
1,225 posts
5,930 battles
2 minutes ago, Rustyhole said:

Early access event are popular so the beatings will continue...

Usually there is at least some permanent booby prize you can get for tokens. This one you can't get anything at all without getting every CV plus GZ.

[BUOY]
Members
1,004 posts
14,505 battles

Of the 13 crates I've opened, gotten the T4... Don't really play CV's so... meh... would only use them for snowflakes anyway.

[SIGG]
Members
51 posts
2,647 battles

Got the Rhien tier 4 from my 2nd container.  The free ones, since then nothing but flags.

[BB35]
[BB35]
Members
390 posts
11,030 battles

I got the T4 and T6 CV already. DId all the missions for all the perm camos, except the final stage of the T8 CV (which you need the CV to do the last stage).

All the FREE containers so far have denied me the T8 boat.

Looks like I have two weeks to get the mission or I'll just wait for it to go live and earn the EXP to get it. Although I'm having serious issues with the German CV line. DD's are basically immune to you unless you can hit them with a Torpedo. (Really?) AP rockets don't do squat, the AP Bombs are worst.

[WPORT]
Members
5,441 posts
10,482 battles

Tonight I welcomed the Tier-4 German CV, the Rhein, to my port, along with her 3-point Commander.  :-)

After the mission to gain the Rhein was dropped from a crate, I used German ships to complete the tasks and fulfill the mission directives.  It seemed appropriate.  :-)

Until Valhalla!  :-)

1444910803_Rhein_GermanTier-4CV_earnedbycompletingeventdirectives_07-15-2020_.thumb.jpg.7f2933244fad3d4ce8f44d7da64f91d9.jpg
1172101786_GrafZeppelinVictorythatcompletedthedirectivestoearntheTier-4CVRhein_07-15-2020_.thumb.jpg.43bf0d8bf37512c1ce1258778767c518.jpg
1974745888_RheinGermanTier-4CVwelcomedtoportwith3-pointCommander_07-15-2020_.thumb.jpg.23673b4be714cacd8a89c9153b2185c0.jpg

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,894 posts
45,158 battles

Completed the first 2 directives.

And gotten jack.

[55UP]
Members
405 posts
2,827 battles

I picked up all three early access missions in just 6 premium crates. Which is good since 6 was the limit I set for myself. 

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
2,424 posts
On 7/14/2020 at 9:19 PM, Gemlin said:

I got the T4 and T6 CV already. DId all the missions for all the perm camos, except the final stage of the T8 CV (which you need the CV to do the last stage).

All the FREE containers so far have denied me the T8 boat.

Looks like I have two weeks to get the mission or I'll just wait for it to go live and earn the EXP to get it. Although I'm having serious issues with the German CV line. DD's are basically immune to you unless you can hit them with a Torpedo. (Really?) AP rockets don't do squat, the AP Bombs are worst.

You catch on quick. Soon WG will have turned the game into World of Warships That Are Just DD Fodder. 

[B-Z]
Members
123 posts
14,235 battles

I got the T4 and T6 CVs from free containers.
I won't be spending $ on this patch, as I don't play CV's.

You win some..... even if you didn't care to.

[DUD]
Members
706 posts
2,470 battles

Got the T4 yesterday after maybe 8 free crates?  I think they bossted the chances compared to other events which i like.  At least this event wasn't a total scam, except for needing the GZ for the missions

Members
201 posts
21,111 battles

I got the T6 during the 1st Directive.  I keep hoping that the others will show up so that I can get to some free camos, but not yet...