Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Dr_Venture

Hey WG where are my carrier jets?

20 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,896 posts
5,631 battles

You know what...I'm cool with the CV rework. Yet I feel the Tier X German CV should have fast jets. 

The entire line is summed up simply: BOOM & ZOOM.

I noticed we have all the weird/never produced stuff all over the German ships. The radar dishes and whatnot....so where are my jets? 

I'm sure there is SOMETHING on WW2 German Navy jets. 

489uqd.jpg

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,761
[KWF]
Members
4,377 posts
6,405 battles

>Posts a thread about jets.

>Posts meme with Me-163 Komet, a rocket propelled plane

giphy.gif

Well played, well played :fish_sleep:.

Joking aside, I don't think jets will return after being removed from Midway.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34
[BE-ER]
Beta Testers
68 posts
14,606 battles

Both Midway AND Hakuryu had jets, if I recall correctly. Been a long time since those roamed the skies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
214
[D-H-O]
Alpha Tester
998 posts
2 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

Joking aside, I don't think jets will return after being removed from Midway.

Saving them for Russian CVs at T6.

 

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
840
[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,346 posts
12,397 battles
2 hours ago, echelon5 said:

Both Midway AND Hakuryu had jets, if I recall correctly. Been a long time since those roamed the skies.

They did. Were pretty quick too. Don't remember if they were removed during OBT or after release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
158 posts
8,289 battles
3 hours ago, Dr_Venture said:

You know what...I'm cool with the CV rework. Yet I feel the Tier X German CV should have fast jets. 

The entire line is summed up simply: BOOM & ZOOM.

I noticed we have all the weird/never produced stuff all over the German ships. The radar dishes and whatnot....so where are my jets? 

I'm sure there is SOMETHING on WW2 German Navy jets. 

 

Maybe WG's very last update before the game dies should be to give the Midway planes a nuke. That's the way WW2 ended, after all.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
468 posts
4,399 battles
1 hour ago, LastRemnant said:

CV haters be like 

W8jEAeo.gif

:Smile_popcorn:

 

Wait for the North American AJ Savage that was intended to carry atomic bombs

300px-AJ-1_in_flight_over_California_195

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
285
[XXX]
Members
525 posts
949 battles
1 hour ago, admiralsexybeast said:

I'm guessing you're also expecting radar guided anti ship missiles?

You know it's funny, the forums have become such a place where I can't tell whether this post is a joke or not (i.e. whether they got the OP was joking).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,186
[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,926 posts
11,602 battles
6 hours ago, Dr_Venture said:

so where are my jets? 

aa6.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
772
[REVY]
Members
2,287 posts
12,285 battles
12 hours ago, echelon5 said:

Both Midway AND Hakuryu had jets, if I recall correctly. Been a long time since those roamed the skies.

 

10 hours ago, Fodder4U said:

They did. Were pretty quick too. Don't remember if they were removed during OBT or after release.

I think they were gone by Open Beta.
Most of the youtube vids from prior to open Beta had the jets, but they vanished at open beta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
385
[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,295 posts
12 hours ago, echelon5 said:

Both Midway AND Hakuryu had jets, if I recall correctly. Been a long time since those roamed the skies.

what were their features?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34
[BE-ER]
Beta Testers
68 posts
14,606 battles

It's been a long time and I don't remember for sure. I think the armament was the same, they were just faster. And had their own cool jet sound effects, of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,184
[A-D-F]
Members
2,092 posts
7,603 battles
13 hours ago, Bravo4zero said:

As long as I can have Phalanx fitted to my DD’s :Smile_trollface:

And cruisers, and battleships.  :cap_like:

Love me some CIWS!

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
480
[CLUMP]
Members
837 posts
1,171 battles
10 hours ago, pepe_trueno said:

Wait for the North American AJ Savage that was intended to carry atomic bombs

300px-AJ-1_in_flight_over_California_195

 

:fish_cute_2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,453
[WOLFG]
Members
29,075 posts
8,322 battles
17 hours ago, Dr_Venture said:

so where are my jets?

They've been reskinned into prop planes lol

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×