You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Erebthoron

And so it begins, the adventures of Odin

28 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,918 posts
26,905 battles

All needed directives don, just dropped 3500 gold from the 23k sitting on my account

She made ship 307

2D4xRho.jpg

jEm8CNI.jpg

• Cool 6

[POP]
Members
2,847 posts
22,801 battles
9 hours ago, Erebthoron said:

All needed directives don, just dropped 3500 gold from the 23k sitting on my account

She made ship 307

2D4xRho.jpg

jEm8CNI.jpg

Sorry to break the bad news to you but apparently German Seafarers Union (OTV) wont release the ship for battle until that welders pay dispute is settled. 

"In single cases, there could be be problems like this," said B. Kroger, general manager of the Hamburg-based German Shipowners Association. "But I don't see any precedent for the German fleet in total."

Edited by tm63au
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1

[USCG]
Members
576 posts
19,969 battles

Congrats! This has been a difficult though doable grind. I should have her in my port tomorrow or Thursday. Trying to juggle the CV grind as well. 

[TAZ]
Members
769 posts

She was commissioned and entered the fleet this morning about 1030 or so.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,566 posts
11,169 battles
3 hours ago, Erebthoron said:

She made ship 307

2D4xRho.jpg

jEm8CNI.jpg

Congrats nice work I hope she does well for you .

[WOLFC]
Members
2,875 posts
16,319 battles

Congrats and good luck.  I lost interest after reading about the large nerfs to her fuse timer and healthpool ... 

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
5,994 posts
20,700 battles

Congratulations all.....

Working on last stage now...

Couldn't wait because I wanted the steel and bought her day 1.

Think of her as a Shornhurst with hydro, rather than a Bismark with torpedoes. 

[ARGSY]
6,918 posts
26,905 battles
7 hours ago, cgbosn4 said:

Congrats! This has been a difficult though doable grind. I should have her in my port tomorrow or Thursday. Trying to juggle the CV grind as well. 

The grind was okish, but less from what we had before. The 55 kills and damage missions were a pain, just spammed endless PvE battles. Same goes for the top 2/3 missions, EZ in PvE, since I play in the off hours of the server and had often suicidal bots in my team. 

I will test her later. After that, I need some WoWs break. 

[ALLY]
Members
273 posts
18,461 battles

Congratulations,

I just finished directive 5 and started the last one today.  I had to work 6 days last week so behind on the grind.  I should have it by the end of the week though because I get 4 days off this week.

Best of luck with her/him (depending on what you prefer)

C130 signing out

• Cool 1

[KWF]
Members
4,372 posts
6,405 battles
8 hours ago, DocWalker said:

Congrats and good luck.  I lost interest after reading about the large nerfs to her fuse timer and healthpool ... 

For what it's worth, the ship even with that low HP is very tanky. 

It's Achilles heel is torpedoes by far since you got only 22% reduction.

• Thanks 1

[ARGSY]
Members
20,140 posts
14,323 battles
5 minutes ago, Stephen57_battleship said:

great!! what are the last 2-phase that you had to do for the ship? in 19-20 

The last two phases have to be paid for with doubloons. Everything else up to that point is potentially free (unless you want to pay), but at that point either the wallet comes out or it's a no-go.

Members
558 posts
5,048 battles

Cue forum rage threads about Odin lack of HP in 3...2...1... I'm joking, but only half. A lot more people will clearly have her soon and we'll see. 

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,451 posts
6,504 battles

Added it to my Port last night.   Buggy [edited]Dockyard... almost saw none of the periodic advancement for it freezing with the spinning wheel.   Fortunately the video replay was available.   I love the dockyard implementation, just baffles me why it is so much buggier this time than with Puerto Rico?   

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,295 posts
18 hours ago, Erebthoron said:

She made ship 307

2D4xRho.jpg

jEm8CNI.jpg

Congratulations!!!!

I think i will need to buy 3 steps.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
6,918 posts
26,905 battles
34 minutes ago, iRA6E said:

Added it to my Port last night.   Buggy [edited]Dockyard... almost saw none of the periodic advancement for it freezing with the spinning wheel.   Fortunately the video replay was available.   I love the dockyard implementation, just baffles me why it is so much buggier this time than with Puerto Rico?   

Had the same problem when I reached lvl 16, the dockyard started to build the ship all over again.

58 minutes ago, Stephen57_battleship said:

great!! what are the last 2-phase that you had to do for the ship? in 19-20 

As they wrote in the event notes, you need to buy those for 1750 gold each step. If you don't got some from SC, ranked battles etc, you have to pay $14 to finish the ship.

Well, she is worth that, but the game experience can vary a lot with this ship. It rather feels like a cruiser then a BB. Not bad, but also not good. You need to switch ammo a lot. And even that it can be a bit wonky. I hit the broadside of a New Orleans from 12km with only 1 out of the 9 shells, for 790 damage. 

[ARGSY]
6,918 posts
26,905 battles
5 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Will have this done in about 5 days, the XP total mission goes slow in Co-op. 

Yeah, XP missions are a real pain in co op. I managed in two days to get 70k with T9/10 premiums while I did the BB and cruiser damage missions. 

Beta Testers
897 posts
3,460 battles

Assuming I can get there by the end (vacation, work), I'll probably drop 2k in new gold purchase on it + the 10k coal. 

I think secondary/tank is the way to go with it. Playing this at range would be pointless.

Members
708 posts
5,735 battles
34 minutes ago, BlackAngelCom said:

Assuming I can get there by the end (vacation, work), I'll probably drop 2k in new gold purchase on it + the 10k coal. 

I think secondary/tank is the way to go with it. Playing this at range would be pointless.

My experience so far has been that the secondary dispersion is pretty bad and getting into range to use them exposes you to being focused, which the low health pool makes extremely risky.  Granted, I did not use MFCS on my captain so the dispersion could be better than I've seen on the secondaries.  I am going to try a respec for survivability/main guns and play from the flank in the 12-14km range, use concealment to get into position.  YMMV.

Members
3,099 posts
6,691 battles

I'll unlock Odin in the next couple days, I'm not in a rush. The directives are generic enough that just ordinary daily play with a little focusing is unlocking them just fine. I've got four of the tasks done already.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,875 posts
16,319 battles
7 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

For what it's worth, the ship even with that low HP is very tanky. 

It's Achilles heel is torpedoes by far since you got only 22% reduction.

Thanks for the feedback :Smile_medal:  ... I had seen the info about the torp belt as well.  But I wasn't as concerned about that as the low health pool.

Even though I'm disappointed that she won't make as good a brawler as originally released for testing, I still do love German ships  ... so I might still get her.

[IGU]
[IGU]
Beta Testers
4,241 posts

I love mine slapped a secondary build on it. It's trollish armor and lovely torps makes her a hell of a good brawler yeah they have bad arcs but at lest they don't get knocked out the first time someone looks cross eyed  at your ship  

[KWF]
Members
4,372 posts
6,405 battles
21 minutes ago, DocWalker said:

Thanks for the feedback :Smile_medal:  ... I had seen the info about the torp belt as well.  But I wasn't as concerned about that as the low health pool.

Even though I'm disappointed that she won't make as good a brawler as originally released for testing, I still do love German ships  ... so I might still get her.

If you have Tirpitz, Agir or Siegfried I don't see much point in the ship. That said, it's a tier VIII premium combining Bismarck's hydro with Tirpitz's torpedoes at a low price, so there's some value there.