You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
_Average_Joe

I'm sure WG loves this player....

41 comments in this topic

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
536 posts
25,076 battles

EDIT:  To be clear, the reason for my post here was not to stat shame anyone.  I want the player base to grow, and it is my opinion that those who get into higher tiers with their pocketbook rather than their time grinding tech trees might run a high risk of giving up the game.  I'd like to see so many players in the community that being bottom tier could never happen.  

I was simply curious as to what others thought about new players buying high tier premium ships.  Certainly I did not mean to shame this person or anyone else on this public forum.  Especially anyone that is disabled that might struggle to play the game.  

Forgive me if I have offended anyone.  If I could delete this whole thread I would.  I will copy and paste this as an edit to my original post.  End of Edit....

But is it good for the game?  I looked at his stats after a co-op game just because his play was so terrible.  He had a 91.57% win rate in co-op where 96% is average.  Only 1 tech tree ship, Erie.  It can't be much fun to play with no skills, IMO.  But if you've got the bread, WG has something to sell you.  LOL!

Did I mention his win rate in randoms?

1877938238_Screenshot(9).thumb.png.091a8dc059499ad7df8ee05da2d7fa03.png

Edited by Joe_918145
Trying to save my reputation
  • Cool 1
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 10

[OIL-1]
Members
1,463 posts

I've seen lots of players like that. Might be a press account, etc.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
33,573 posts
10,430 battles

If people play primarily Co-op, why not?

It's not like Co-op is anything more than a rush for damage.

Why would you think it's bad for the game to have someone who only wins 91% of the time, instead of 96%? It's not like they're going to cause you any problems.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[WORX]
Members
13,245 posts
20,109 battles
2 minutes ago, Joe_918145 said:

He had a 91.57% win rate in co-op where 96% is average.  Only 1 tech tree ship, Erie.  It can't be much fun to play with no skills,

Co-op is not skill based game mod. In fact, Co-op can be used as a testing environment or training.

Why would someone judge a player on Co-op stats?? That is an absurd proposition to get mad at...

The developers made Co-op as kindergarten level game play, not for the detriment of the players.. Its for the Benefit of the players to use Co-op mod for its intended purpose in the game.

Co-op haven't changed since beta, Co-op purpose haven't changed since beta.. What has changed are the players views of the game mod..

Co-op games are suppose to be meh matches. Mainly because, people are testing ships or getting back into the game after years of not playing.

The way I see it, Co-op is working as intended.. I dont see an issue.

• Boring 3
  • Meh 4

[WOLFG]
Members
33,573 posts
10,430 battles
2 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Co-op is not skill based game mod. In fact, Co-op can be used as a testing environment or training.

Why would someone judge a player on Co-op stats?? That is an absurd proposition to get mad at...

The developers made Co-op as kindergarten level game play, not for the detriment of the players.. Its for the Benefit of the players to use Co-op mod for its intended purpose in the game.

Co-op haven't changed since beta, Co-op purpose haven't changed since beta.. What has changed are the players views of the game mod..

Co-op games are suppose to be meh matches. Mainly because, people are testing ships or getting back into the game after years of not playing.

The way I see it, Co-op is working as intended.. I dont see an issue.

I think you sell Co-op short.

It's as competitive as Randoms, you're just competing against your team, instead of the enemy. 

• Cool 6
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 3

[HINON]
Members
8,986 posts
13,140 battles

what i see is someone that wasted about $100 on a California and Wichita but those are the kind of people WG loves to have playing their game, the completely clueless

Edited by tcbaker777
  • Cool 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[SALVO]
Members
8,213 posts
6,098 battles

He paid for it ... good

He leaves more XP for the rest of the Coop players... good

Now If he keeps himself mostly focused in Coop, that guy is near perfect. We need a thousand more like him.

• Cool 6

[WORX]
Members
13,245 posts
20,109 battles
Just now, Skpstr said:

I think you sell Co-op short.

It's as competitive as Randoms, you're just competing against your team, instead of the enemy. 

Not me.. Co-op's purpose haven't changed. Its been that way longer then I've been playing the game.. Yeah you can do other things with co-op but its not the purpose to what you stated.

Other example of things we use for different purposes... A belt, we use belts to keep our pants up... Some parents use it to show them the fear of god when they misbehave.

I dont view it as selling Co-op short... I view it as being used for other purpose other then its intended use <=== Because of this, some players create a distorted view of Co-op.

• Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[WOLF7]
Members
898 posts
4 hours ago, Joe_918145 said:

But is it good for the game?  I looked at his stats after a co-op game just because his play was so terrible.  He had a 91.57% win rate in co-op where 96% is average.  Only 1 tech tree ship, Erie.  It can't be much fun to play with no skills, IMO.  But if you've got the bread, WG has something to sell you.  LOL!

1877938238_Screenshot(9).thumb.png.091a8dc059499ad7df8ee05da2d7fa03.png

All sail being set, he now cast loose the life-line, reserved for swaying him to the main royal-mast head; and in a few moments they were hoisting him thither, when, while but two thirds of the way aloft, and while peering ahead through the horizontal vacancy between the main-top-sail and top-gallant-sail, he raised a gull-like cry in the air. "There she blows!--there she blows! A hump like a snow-hill! It is Moby D|ck!"

Edited by HamAndCheez
  • Funny 2
  • Haha 1

[SOFOP]
Members
2,482 posts
15,326 battles

Could be a lot of things - could be a developers kids account that they gave him to mess around with.  Could be Lebron James' kid that picked up the game and liked seeing the big boats drive around.  Could be a super tester that didn't want to test ships on his own account.

Who knows.  As long as he stays in coop, who cares.

[WOLFG]
Members
33,573 posts
10,430 battles
10 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Not me.. Co-op's purpose haven't changed. Its been that way longer then I've been playing the game.. Yeah you can do other things with co-op but its not the purpose to what you stated.

Thing is, just like the meta, the purpose is defined by the people that play the game.

WG has a long history of intending one thing, and then having the players totally evolve it into something else.

10 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Other example of things we use for different purposes... A belt, we use belts to keep our pants up... Some parents use it to show them the fear of god when they misbehave.

Many things evolve into additional purposes. Consider radar. Do more people use its emissions for its original and intended purpose, to detect things, or to heat food?

• Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts

May I also remind you there are a number of individuals here who may have personal issues with dexterity, vision, perhaps damaged or missing limbs. 

By God I can't understand people who can't see beyond the edge of their own, tiny mouse. 

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 6

[KAPPA]
Members
3,122 posts
9,241 battles
18 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

I dont view it as selling Co-op short... I view it as being used for other purpose other then its intended use <=== Because of this, some players create a distorted view of Co-op.

If one intends to do any good in co-op, you basically have no choice but to race your teammates, and I don't just mean damage wise. There is no way around that. If you play it anything like random, it'll be rare that you do well. It will be inconsistent at best, or consistently terrible at worst.

For example, it says a lot that the optimal way to play a CV in co-op is to drive it into a cap, and I don't mean slowly, just with something to block shells beside you and focusing on downing the DDs coming your way. Likewise, it says a lot that BBs have to try and keep up with the speed of DDs to do well. Otherwise you simply stand no chance of placing well short of it being one of those rare games one should lose but you manage to pull it back from the brink by yourself.

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
536 posts
25,076 battles
35 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

I did not say anything about being mad, @Navalpride33.  My probably too subtle point of the post is the fact that if a person lacks skill, then he most likely does not have fun playing the game.  The end result of that is that he leaves the game.

Then the player base gets smaller, time in queue goes up. and I'm bottom tier again.  :Smile_smile:

[WORX]
Members
13,245 posts
20,109 battles
2 minutes ago, Joe_918145 said:

Then the player base gets smaller, time in queue goes up. and I'm bottom tier again. 

Queue times in co-op is 30 sec, regardless of player base size...

[WOLF7]
Members
898 posts
12 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

May I also remind you there are a number of individuals here who may have personal issues with dexterity, vision, perhaps damaged or missing limbs. 

PC games (particularly MMO-style games) are a very important resource for the disabled to be able to interact with other humans.

Out of +1s, so...  :cap_like:

Good article on games and disability:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video-games/2019/10/14/its-my-escape-how-video-games-help-people-cope-with-disabilities/

• Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts
29 minutes ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

it says a lot that the optimal way to play a CV in co-op is to drive it into a cap, and I don't mean slowly, just with something to block shells beside you and focusing on downing the DDs coming your way.

Funny... when I play CV in Coop, I actually focus on honing my skills. I stay out of folks way, generally try to assist them in killing the bots. I still do well enough for my needs, as I feel the experience is much more important to me. 

I also know a lot of coop people don't like to see CVs there... but then again, WG inserts them into matches when a human doesn't play, so hey, I don't feel that bad about it.  :cap_win:

[-TKS-]
Members
1,297 posts
10,725 battles
2 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Funny... when I play CV in Coop, I actually focus on honing my skills. I stay out of folks way, generally try to assist them in killing the bots. I still do well enough for my needs, as I feel the experience is much more important to me. 

I also know a lot of coop people don't like to see CVs there... but then again, WG inserts them into matches when a human doesn't play, so hey, I don't feel that bad about it.  :cap_win:

I don’t know, I personally love CVs in coop. Bot CVs can’t hit anything and provide free damage once spotted. That, and AA challenges are made all the more easy when the bot planes love to fly through flak. I’m not that opposed to CVs in general, in randoms or otherwise, but I really don’t get why people would be upset about coop when... honestly a cv enhances the experience.

[WOLFG]
Members
33,573 posts
10,430 battles
37 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

37 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

By God I can't understand people who can't see beyond the edge of their own, tiny mouse. 

Wouldn't they be the people having personal issues with vision that you mentioned? :Smile_trollface:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts
1 minute ago, Skpstr said:

Wouldn't they be the people having personal issues with vision that you mentioned? :Smile_trollface:

Yea if the OP is one of the folks I'm suggesting the talked-about player "might be", that'd be really weird. 

Thanks for pointing out my mis-construction. It's helpful for any such future grumpiness. :cap_haloween::cap_like:

[KAPPA]
Members
3,122 posts
9,241 battles
Just now, Herr_Reitz said:

Ehh... I've already honed my skills in CV. Co-op is too short to really practice there anyways, I just only enjoy Kaga in co-op due to her torpedoes being very... numerous but her everything else being meh.  But, in co-op, I can spam torps the whole match.

Besides, the most important thing for a CV's DPM is recycle rate. The closer you are to the reds, the faster you can cycle through planes. Combo that with capping once or twice and a CV can top the scoreboards very easily, especially with solo capping.

Now, an operation, that is a good place to learn. Long match, much area needing to be covered, spotting can be helpful, and you just generally can do some work. Co-op, you simply don't have the time to practice more than the absolute basics in around 90% of battles. It's especially good to learn CV in Raptor Rescue, as you actually have to defend the team a little.

That said, the only reason people in co-op complain so much about CVs is that we are overdue for a plane shooting mission. I've not seen any of those in forever, and those are typically the time that CV bots serve any purpose.

Co-op mains were so annoyed at the lack of CVs in co-op a while back. :cap_haloween:

[SIDE]
Members
4,939 posts
20 hours ago, tcbaker777 said:

what i see is someone that wasted about $100 on a California and Wichita but those are the kind of people WG loves to have playing their game, the completely clueless

Do you know this to be true or are you merely spewing toxicity? I know it's en vogue lately but I think it's particularly misplaced here.

What if the player really likes those ships or had family serve on them? What if it's just a little kid or a disabled adult that really doesn't know better? Who cares about "skill" in coop anyway? How do you know it isn't some 8 year old kid thrilled to just be putting around in the digiship a parent bought him for his birthday?

Seriously, you can't be a noob in random without getting flamed in match and you can't be a noob in coop either cuz get flamed in forums now? Don't even get me started on the CV hazing by a sad few. Holy cow. Why can't we just thank these players for supporting the game so many "elites" brag about playing these days for free? 

I think it's fair to say WG appreciates whatever money is sent there way by players of any skill level as long as it's color is green.

Edit: a down vote? Bless your heart.

Edited by thebigblue
  • Cool 2
  • Sad 1
  • Meh 1

Members
7,122 posts
22,661 battles
1 hour ago, Joe_918145 said:

All the programmers have to do is take off the brackets on said players name.......and all of a sudden he isn't a bot........

See the source image