Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sumseaman

It seems the CV queues tell a tale of truth

36 comments in this topic

[WOLF6]
Members
1,849 posts
5,553 battles

I thought they would all be KM CVs though time and again, at all tiers, the numbers are on the way up.

Embrace your carriers! Thumbs up everyone! :Smile_honoring:

1.png

2.png

Edited by Sumseaman
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 3

[KWF]
Members
4,366 posts
6,405 battles

Easy way to farm certain Directives. But hey, consider this; since WG balances by popularity, if CVs turn out to be too popular it's straight to the chopping block.

Edited by warheart1992

[-BUI-]
Members
2,024 posts
5,672 battles

Probably thinking what I've been thinking, if I take out a actual GOOD CV (anything not German) and face a German CV, my chances to get a win go up dramatically, because the german CVs are so bad.   

Only thing I wanna try is CV hunting in the German T8 CV, beyond that, I don't even wanna look at the stupid things, they are SOOOO bad.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,033 posts
14,288 battles
5 minutes ago, Sumseaman said:

I thought they would all be KM CVs though time and again, at all tiers, the numbers are on there way up.

I know this is a tiny, tiny anecdote, barely a datum blip, but of the three random battles into which I took my Rhein last night, TWO had a pair of carriers per side and only one of those was a Rhein. The other was a Hosho.

The other was a single carrier battle, with one Rhein per side.

Both of the two-CV battles were long waits that forced bots onto both sides. The single-carrier battle was exclusively human. 

Bear in mid that a lot of this - but not all of it - is going to be earlybird unlockers grabbing their permacamos. It will settle down after that, and then there will be a HUGE spike to a temporary high plateau on 5 August. T8 carrier numbers will rise as the research cost goes up, and we will probably see a fair number of two-carrier T8 or mixed T6/8 games. T4 carrier numbers WOULD have fallen, because that grind is becoming much shorter; however, that effect will be masked by the sheer number of Rheins in the CV queues. 

1 minute ago, warheart1992 said:

Easy way to farm certain Directives. 

There's a mission in the Jerzy Swirski campaign that calls for spotting ribbons in Tier 9 and 10 ships. I FXP'd to the Audacious to speed-grind through that and get Jerzy out of the way before Dockyard started. I justified it on the basis that FXP can easily be earned back and I wouldn't put it past WG to put in more T9/10 spotting-type carrier missions in events down the track. Plus they are dragging their feet HORRIBLY on FDR, and I could no longer wait.

[NUWES]
Members
3,132 posts
10,673 battles

I was trying to complete the missions for the permanent camo for the T4 Rhein and the CV queue was horrific. 

[RLGN]
Members
14,281 posts
25,119 battles

Maybe if I actually had something besides Zeppy CV queue would have some meaning?

Others have been luckier or dolphin/whaled containers. No CV so far from Directive or Daily containers.

[O_O]
Members
673 posts

Why else do you think German CVs were announced and released so quickly?  The CV numbers were falling.  Q4 will be very interesting.

• Cool 2

[WOLFC]
Members
1,886 posts
9,934 battles

More shocked at that DD number - been seeing mostly 1 or 2 DD games  in VIII & above.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,033 posts
14,288 battles
16 minutes ago, Sumseaman said:

You're ruining my fookin troll post with your rationality @Ensign_Cthulhu

I consider it my aim in life. :Smile_trollface:

[YORHA]
Members
4,993 posts
9,984 battles
25 minutes ago, Rustyhole said:

Why else do you think German CVs were announced and released so quickly?  The CV numbers were falling.  Q4 will be very interesting.

Citation required.

[5D3]
[5D3]
Members
505 posts
15,152 battles
1 hour ago, Sumseaman said:

I thought they would all be KM CVs though time and again, at all tiers, the numbers are on the way up.

1.png

2.png

good battle for you though, in a CV that is supposedly weak. Do you like in indomitable?

[5D]
Members
1,064 posts
13,564 battles
1 hour ago, Zenn3k said:

Probably thinking what I've been thinking, if I take out a actual GOOD CV (anything not German) and face a German CV, my chances to get a win go up dramatically, because the german CVs are so bad.   

Only thing I wanna try is CV hunting in the German T8 CV, beyond that, I don't even wanna look at the stupid things, they are SOOOO bad.

German CV are strong , it because you keep getting potatoes . 

[-BUI-]
Members
2,024 posts
5,672 battles
Just now, dad003 said:

German CV are strong , it because you keep getting potatoes . 

They are "strong" if you play against bots that don't turn into your rockets....otherwise, not so much.   Relying on RNG bombs to do damage isn't fun.

• Boring 1

[NH]
Members
1,760 posts
1 hour ago, Sumseaman said:

1.png

2.png

What time of day is this? I notice that when it gets really late and the sea people come on the queue is full of CVs like this. Seems they are more popular with other regions.

[WOLFG]
Members
28,940 posts
8,200 battles
1 hour ago, SilverPhatShips said:

Truly why play anything else? 

Because playing one ship type all the time is BO-RING.

Plus, playing regular ships and dealing with CVs maintains the karmic balance for when the shoe's on the other foot lol.

[5D]
Members
1,064 posts
13,564 battles
23 minutes ago, Zenn3k said:

They are "strong" if you play against bots that don't turn into your rockets....otherwise, not so much.   Relying on RNG bombs to do damage isn't fun.

i currently top the NA leaderboard in the t8 there is always people broadside and there no bot  at that tier so git gud 

• Boring 3

[FFG33]
[FFG33]
Members
334 posts
13,544 battles
1 hour ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Others have been luckier or dolphin/whaled containers. No CV so far from Directive or Daily containers.

Took me 11 of the non premium containers to get a single T4 bonus mission.

[RLGN]
Members
14,281 posts
25,119 battles
14 minutes ago, custer_14 said:

Took me 11 of the non premium containers to get a single T4 bonus mission.

Is that those 6/6 missions at the end of the CV directives?

Is so, I have four.

Do they just appear? Because I didn’t see anything announcing them when I opened my free CV containers...

[A-I-M]
Members
3,006 posts
22,011 battles

Either more nerfs or turn AA into something besides an FPS burden. 

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
16 minutes ago, CommodoreKang said:

WG knows its target market :P

Lol don’t bet on it! Well mostly anyway as they have fine some nice things for me that were spot on. WG got confused recently though by giving me tier 8 CV CV A.Parseval and all U have dine with it s take it into Co-Op a couple times with full secondary build and think I only tried attacking with aircraft once, but rest of the time just secondary brawled. So yeah I don’t do CVs much if you can tell. I prefer BBs, DDs, CAs, some CLs, and even subs more than I like CVs. Although have recently reinstated some IJN CV usage in ,y fleet of ships, but still very small percentage of my overall battles involve my using a CV.

[FFG33]
[FFG33]
Members
334 posts
13,544 battles
28 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Is that those 6/6 missions at the end of the CV directives?

Is so, I have four.

Do they just appear? Because I didn’t see anything announcing them when I opened my free CV containers...

No those 6/6 missions drop the perm camos but you need the CV to complete them first.

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
2,992 posts
5,943 battles
6 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Lol don’t bet on it! Well mostly anyway as they have fine some nice things for me that were spot on. WG got confused recently though by giving me tier 8 CV CV A.Parseval and all U have dine with it s take it into Co-Op a couple times with full secondary build and think I only tried attacking with aircraft once, but rest of the time just secondary brawled. So yeah I don’t do CVs much if you can tell. I prefer BBs, DDs, CAs, some CLs, and even subs more than I like CVs. Although have recently reinstated some IJN CV usage in ,y fleet of ships, but still very small percentage of my overall battles involve my using a CV.

It's a spectrum.  The idea is to give that market a broken class that they can exploit however as much is necessary to keep them fully engaged.  

If you have a conscience, it'll just be an occasional dabbling.   If you're a full on troll, you become a "main".  

• Meh 1

Sign in to follow this