You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ReflectionTrial

My experience lately with WoWs

21 comments in this topic

[-GK-]
Members
499 posts
11,832 battles

Well, first Moskva became a coal ship... I had it since dont know how long, I had the perma camo, it became coal, perma camo is free for coal ship... what do I get nothing.

Then the german dockyard happens, you can get graf spee for free, I already bought it(long ago) what do I get silver coins(nothing basically)

Now the German CVs appear, there a beautiful perma camos for T10... but wait, cant get them if I dont own Graf Zeppelin, so what do I get... nothing basically.

I know WG does not own me anything, but well... maybe from time to time remeber your old player base, the ones that own things(that bought with money) from long ago.

maybe I could had get doubloons for my moskva perma camo, or some amount of coal, or I could get a black Graf Spee instead of the normal one, or I would be allow to get 1 perma camo for my Z-52(one of the few T10 I own that I didnt bought the perma camo)... but no, I get crappu flags and some silver coins. not nice

Edited by ReflectionTrial
  • Cool 6
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 3

[SALVO]
Members
4,322 posts
3,760 battles

Buying leads to expectation...

Expectation leads to entitlement...

Entitlement leads to anger...

Anger the Dark Side is.

Buying is the way to the Dark Side.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 2

[-VT-]
Members
707 posts
32,765 battles

Well, OP, you now have two perma camos for the Moskva.  That's more than you did have.  And it cost you nothing.  That's a win. 

(for perspective, I have 3 and 4 perma camo on some ships.  None I paid for.)

And having that perma camo on the Moskva all this time?  You reaped a ton of extra experience and credits from that, I'll wager.  That's a win.

You got a bunch of credits from the German dockyard.  That is not nothing.  Buy signal flags.  They are useful.  That's a win.

So don't buy the Graf Zep and don't get the camo.  You STILL get the tokens for doing the mission.  They can be exchanged for stuff.  That's a win.

WG puts out these missions to keep interest in the game, add a new flavor, make a bit of coin.  Most of the time the players have to pay nothing for the benefits.  Nothing.  That's a win, OP, for you and all of us.

You are not entitled to anything except what you actually pay for.  Keep that in mind, eh?

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 3

[-GK-]
Members
499 posts
11,832 battles
15 minutes ago, Sabene said:

Well, OP, you now have two perma camos for the Moskva.  That's more than you did have.  And it cost you nothing.  That's a win. 

(for perspective, I have 3 and 4 perma camo on some ships.  None I paid for.)

And having that perma camo on the Moskva all this time?  You reaped a ton of extra experience and credits from that, I'll wager.  That's a win.

You got a bunch of credits from the German dockyard.  That is not nothing.  Buy signal flags.  They are useful.  That's a win.

So don't buy the Graf Zep and don't get the camo.  You STILL get the tokens for doing the mission.  They can be exchanged for stuff.  That's a win.

WG puts out these missions to keep interest in the game, add a new flavor, make a bit of coin.  Most of the time the players have to pay nothing for the benefits.  Nothing.  That's a win, OP, for you and all of us.

You are not entitled to anything except what you actually pay for.  Keep that in mind, eh?

No I did not get 2 perma camos on moskva, is the same one I already owned. But thats not the point. what I say is, maybe from one of those event I could had get something interesting, like a ship, or doubloons to get a ship, or even a perma camo... flags and silver is well... nothing.

And thats my point, I find no interest in this events, the russian cruisers event was lame, I got ALL the crates, I only got the perma camo for Tallin, not even Tallin. Moskva for coal, I get nothing, german dockyard I get nothing(when others easily get a free ship), german CVs I get nothing. flags and silver are something technically, but means nothing to me... no interest in play any of this events.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles
2 minutes ago, ReflectionTrial said:

No I did not get 2 perma camos on moskva, is the same one I already owned. But thats not the point. what I say is, maybe from one of those event I could had get something interesting, like a ship, or doubloons to get a ship, or even a perma camo... flags and silver is well... nothing.

And thats my point, I find no interest in this events, the russian cruisers event was lame, I got ALL the crates, I only got the perma camo for Tallin, not even Tallin. Moskva for coal, I get nothing, german dockyard I get nothing(when others easily get a free ship), german CVs I get nothing. flags and silver are something technically, but means nothing to me... no interest in play any of this events.

I have no clue when you started playing, so this may not be totally accurate....but:

You had the chance to get Missouri....many didn't.

You had the chance to get Musashi....many didn't.

You had the chance to get Benham free....many didn't.

You had the chance to get Cossack (for like a dollar)....many didn't.

You had the chance to get Vampire free....many didn't.

You had the chance to get Indianapolis free....many didn't.

You had the chance to play the Rogue Wave event and get free camos, the US Cruiser event and get free camos, the space event, the halloween events, the New Years events with their super containers...you got the chance to get multiple free commander respecs that some wont get anymore.

It is really easy to look at things and complain about what newer players or free players get.  But its also easy to overlook all the things you got the chance to do, outside of just playing the game (which I assume has been enjoyable to you at some point)....

Not every event can be for every body.....if they make events just for the end game people (IE the PR event), then the new players get nothing and lets face facts, new players are more vital to a F2P game than people who have been here for years in most ways.  I know it hurts, but they got your money already - they don't have the newbies money yet and THAT is what they are after.  This is not unique to video games either.

• Cool 3
  • Meh 1

[-GK-]
Members
499 posts
11,832 battles

I got almost all that, and also dont know, kamikaze for free, like 4 kongos, some tier 2 ships, I got a lot of stuff by playing the game. Not really sure what I bought and what I got for free at this point. I bougth a lot of stuff

But the PR event, was basically a scam, russian cruisers I got nothing from it, and how both the german events will give me nothing, I dont find them interesting or satisfying, and there is no incentive to play the game, a game that has a lot of other issues I dont wanna discuss here.

I was just saying, the last 3 events were just bad for me, and since this is WG forum, maybe somebody from WG will take it into account.

Edited by ReflectionTrial

[SPTR]
Members
3,870 posts
789 battles
9 minutes ago, ReflectionTrial said:

I was just saying, the last 3 events were just bad for me, and since this is WG forum, maybe somebody from WG will take it into account.

Let me just ask, if the reward wasn't Graf Spee but was an amount of silver, would you be complaining about it? Or, for the carrier event going on, do you have the 3 German CVs?

[V_V_V]
Members
648 posts
14,589 battles

Suggested Entertainment:

Queen " I Want It All".

• Haha 1

[WOLFG]
Members
28,896 posts
8,143 battles
1 hour ago, ReflectionTrial said:

no interest in play any of this events.

People actually "play the events"?

I just play the game as usual and get free stuff.

• Thanks 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,321 posts
19,464 battles

OP has noticed the slow changing of the monetization guard at WG. It's a thing; the compensation policies and event earnings used to be much more generous than they are today. Not saying right or wrong, but certainly decreasing.

• Cool 4

[XXX]
Members
520 posts
923 battles
26 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

OP has noticed the slow changing of the monetization guard at WG. It's a thing; the compensation policies and event earnings used to be much more generous than they are today. Not saying right or wrong, but certainly decreasing.

I think, now don't quote me on this (and if you do, ooooh woe betide ye...I'll come to yer house I wills, pet yer dog/cat/other pet/wife/you if none of the other options are available) they actually gave a reason why the events have been less generous recently and that was because they found people were just blasting up the tiers without actually playing the ships for too long. It's why you use to get TONS of free signals, especially the economic ones but now we tend to get a lot less (the monthly task that awards the rare signals use to award 10 of each, now it awards 3 for example).

It's also why credits are a minor problem on my NA account but because I have Musashi, Kronshtadt, Massa AND Nelson on my EU account I'm never more than a day away from like 10 million credits with ease. Meanwhile on NA account I only have the Graf Spee (from the current event) and the Warspite (Which you got free when you sign up with a newcomer invite code).

[SOV]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,868 posts
8,476 battles
33 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

That first year of Santa Crates was spectacular, it was like getting a pre-nerf super container. 100 Dragon signal flags, 180 days of premium... hell, I still have camo to use from back then. Things sure have changed alright. 

[-GK-]
Members
499 posts
11,832 battles
2 hours ago, 6Xero9 said:

Let me just ask, if the reward wasn't Graf Spee but was an amount of silver, would you be complaining about it? Or, for the carrier event going on, do you have the 3 German CVs?

wouldnt even care, and wouldnt try to get there. I expected something in the lines of Graf Spee for Graf Spee owners, silver is meh.

(what I meant is, I wouldnt try to make the assigments, so no play certain lines, or ships or in certain ways)

[-VT-]
Members
707 posts
32,765 battles
18 hours ago, Edgecase said:

I would agree with this assessment.  Over time things have thinned out some compared to earlier in the game's history.

My bet is with server numbers up the 'need' to have a giveaway is not so great.

Also, as far as ships are concerned, they are just running out of new ship options.  Lots of paper and post-WW2 ships put in game lately.  

[WOOKY]
Beta Testers
1,569 posts
22 hours ago, ReflectionTrial said:

I got almost all that, and also dont know, kamikaze for free, like 4 kongos, some tier 2 ships, I got a lot of stuff by playing the game. Not really sure what I bought and what I got for free at this point. I bougth a lot of stuff

But the PR event, was basically a scam, russian cruisers I got nothing from it, and how both the german events will give me nothing, I dont find them interesting or satisfying, and there is no incentive to play the game, a game that has a lot of other issues I dont wanna discuss here.

well, ive been here longer than you and I dont have a Kamikaze, or any of the extra kongos, so I'll swap you my nothing Tallinn that you didnt get for one of those. I would also like your nothing signals and silver if you dont want them, as I could always use a little more.

[SALVO]
Members
4,322 posts
3,760 battles
12 minutes ago, Dareios said:

well, ive been here longer than you and I dont have a Kamikaze, or any of the extra kongos

Why not? I had all the Kongo and Myoko clones, they were dumb easy to get at that time. 

[WOOKY]
Beta Testers
1,569 posts
1 minute ago, ArIskandir said:

Why not? I had all the Kongo and Myoko clones, they were dumb easy to get at that time. 

every now and then, just on the occasion, I have to go to work. I dont do 9-5s, I do see you in 3-4 weeks. Ergo, some of the events that require log on every day for period I miss... which is also why I dont have a cossack or a benham.

oh noes, I dont own all the ships. woe is me. lol. Ive got more than enough to play every class and style, theres plenty of events even if I do miss out on a few of them.

[SALVO]
Members
4,322 posts
3,760 battles
5 minutes ago, Dareios said:

every now and then, just on the occasion, I have to go to work. I dont do 9-5s, I do see you in 3-4 weeks. Ergo, some of the events that require log on every day for period I miss... which is also why I dont have a cossack or a benham.

oh noes, I dont own all the ships. woe is me. lol. Ive got more than enough to play every class and style, theres plenty of events even if I do miss out on a few of them.

haha I think my post went out not really clear... I wasn't criticizing you for not having the ships, I mean, I could trade you one or two if that were possible. 

[WOOKY]
Beta Testers
1,569 posts
3 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

haha I think my post went out not really clear... I wasn't criticizing you for not having the ships, I mean, I could trade you one or two if that were possible. 

and wouldnt the game be a whole lot more interesting if we could do a peer to peer ship trade.

I get that you are just having a bit of a vent about events, thats cool, youre not being a twonk about it or anything.

What I, and it seems a few above are getting at, is that whilst yes we all agree that WG is not obligated to give you showers of awesome freebies in every cycle (because business in all), but even the fail prizes are still pretty useful and the level of ;nothingness' about them is rather subjective and relative.

You can bet your last chicken fajita that CW tomorrow will be choc full of Spees, and a large portion of excited and inexperienced new owners. They thought the dockyard was a great event. You have a spee already and went 'ugh nothing', I had a spee already and went 'you know I really would have preferred the 2800 or whatever dubs but hey 7M silver is really useful as im grinding 4 tier 9s at the moment and I really need more signals to help with that and need to start saving up that 100M or so silver for the TXs'.

so, dont sweat it about not getting a tech tree ship a month early, revel in your gained opportunity to get a free premium ship so overpowered it was removed from all but the Xmas box gamblers and the lucky few of that week.

o7