Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
saintsfan1622000

Clan Battles: Once again the same rewards

24 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

246
[ALOFT]
Supertester
570 posts
14,576 battles

Very disappointed to see CBs with the same rewards as past seasons. 100K Fee XP was great back in 2018, but not now. Same for elite captain XP.  I'd love to see new ones adjusted for the game's current economy. 

Once again, WG seems not to get the current state of the game. 

@Hapa_Fodder Please respond. This has been going on for some time now with the same rewards. And to offer less steel is silly when it takes the same number of games to get all the steel or make it to Typhoon or Hurricane. Just because its a lower tier does not mean it's easier. It could be tier II or III and still take the same number of games or even more. 

Edited by saintsfan1622000
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9
[TRETA]
Beta Testers
101 posts
14,043 battles

less steel and no free cmdr respec, lame.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,400
[PVE]
Members
5,230 posts
22,432 battles
25 minutes ago, JeehxD said:

less steel and no free cmdr respec, lame.

Free commander respecs went away a long time ago & when they did it was announced they would not be returning again...ever.

There may be 1 somewhere down the road for something else like a major mechanics change (but at least 1 of those has occured & there still wasn't a free Respec then so even that is dountful) but for after CBs they are definitely a thing of the past.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
278
[R-F2]
Members
651 posts
9,572 battles
3 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Free commander respecs went away a long time ago & when they did it was announced they would not be returning again...ever.

They didn't go away a long time ago. There was a free respec for playing in clan battle season 8 and a free respec for the IFHE rework. It was specifically removed from CV clan battle seasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,400
[PVE]
Members
5,230 posts
22,432 battles
3 minutes ago, WernerHerzdog said:

They didn't go away a long time ago. There was a free respec for playing in clan battle season 8 and a free respec for the IFHE rework. It was specifically removed from CV clan battle seasons.

Huh...the IFHE rework was the mechanic change I was referring to...I remembered seeing a bunch of posts about people complaining that there wasn't 1...guess they just missed it...my bad.

Not sure how long ago CB 8 was but it was a couple months ago anyway that they announced respecs would be going away after CBs...if they've changed that for some reason since then it wouldn't surprise me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
203
[F4E]
[F4E]
Members
635 posts
13,489 battles

Yeah the respec has only changed since the addition of CVs into CB . I don't remember WG saying that it would never ever return. If someone has that info please post it. Also if iirc the last season that CB wasn't at tier X coal was the only reward. Steel reward in this one at tier VI    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,123
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,732 posts
7 minutes ago, ArtfulNothing_ said:

Yeah the respec has only changed since the addition of CVs into CB . I don't remember WG saying that it would never ever return. If someone has that info please post it. Also if iirc the last season that CB wasn't at tier X coal was the only reward. Steel reward in this one at tier VI    

I have heard other's say that they said respecs for CB were done.

Coal is the reward for clan brawls.  Steel is the reward for clan battles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,635
[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,170 posts
18,424 battles
1 hour ago, saintsfan1622000 said:

Very disappointed to see CBs with the same rewards as past seasons.

You're in luck! They're not the same, they're actually lower. Past seasons have offered up to 11k steel, this one tops out at 10k. A larger portion of it is locked behind Hurricane wins too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,841
Members
5,254 posts

Pretty simple, really.  If you don't like the rewards, and you don't like the mode enough to play for said rewards, then, by all means, don't play the mode.  

WG offers the game.  You can play, or not.  Your call.  

Why is this so hard for people?  There are other games, zillions of them.  There are other modes as well.   

When you play a mode or game you don't like, you just give the message to the company that it's ok what they're doing.  Don't give that message if you don't like the game or mode.

Edited by Kirov_Six
  • Cool 2
  • Sad 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,923
[DDMAF]
Members
2,823 posts
16,132 battles
26 minutes ago, Kirov_Six said:

Pretty simple, really.  If you don't like the rewards, and you don't like the mode enough to play for said rewards, then, by all means, don't play the mode.  

WG offers the game.  You can play, or not.  Your call.  

Why is this so hard for people?  There are other games, zillions of them.  There are other modes as well.   

When you play a mode or game you don't like, you just give the message to the company that it's ok what they're doing.  Don't give that message if you don't like the game or mode.

So, that's it then? If you don't like something about the game, just keep quiet and play something else? Why have a forum, then? 

Pointing out that the rewards could be commensurate with the achievement, and should keep up with the inflation of the in-game economy is just too much for you to handle? You gotta be the "if you don't like it, leave" guy? Good for you. You really make everything better.

 

Anyway, just boycott CB this season in the hopes that WG will actually start listening to its player base. There are enough of ^THAT^ guy right now. Help actually be a bit of a voice for some necessary change, instead of a wet blanket that's just fine with anything.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,923
[DDMAF]
Members
2,823 posts
16,132 battles
18 minutes ago, Hel_Diver142 said:

These people just like to complain when ever they get the chance.

Said to the guy complaining about people...complaining? Did I get that right?

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,992
[WOLFG]
Members
8,872 posts
7,368 battles

Why lower the rewards?  The tier shouldn't matter.

Do you have to play fewer games to reach the top?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,165
[SALVO]
Members
3,431 posts
3,305 battles
50 minutes ago, Lonewolfpj said:

Steel is the only reason to play really. 

I thought it was to have fun with Friends :cap_yes:

  • Cool 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
635
[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
791 posts
9,647 battles

Of course it's possible that they are lowering the steel rewards slightly and keeping it boring for long time clan battles players in the hopes more long time unicums stay away. They may be intentionally trying to get the player base to turm over some. Why would they do this? It's possible they may feel the old guard has become a barrier to new players.

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
278
[R-F2]
Members
651 posts
9,572 battles
1 hour ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

Of course it's possible that they are lowering the steel rewards slightly and keeping it boring for long time clan battles players in the hopes more long time unicums stay away. They may be intentionally trying to get the player base to turm over some. Why would they do this? It's possible they may feel the old guard has become a barrier to new players.

It seems unlikely that the purple piranhas in hurricane clans are an obstacle to your average new clan that plays 50 games in a season and finishes in gale league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,423
[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
2,881 posts
13,317 battles
22 hours ago, saintsfan1622000 said:

Very disappointed to see CBs with the same rewards as past seasons. 100K Fee XP was great back in 2018, but not now. Same for elite captain XP.  I'd love to see new ones adjusted for the game's current economy. 

Once again, WG seems not to get the current state of the game. 

@Hapa_Fodder Please respond. This has been going on for some time now with the same rewards. And to offer less steel is silly when it takes the same number of games to get all the steel or make it to Typhoon or Hurricane. Just because its a lower tier does not mean it's easier. It could be tier II or III and still take the same number of games or even more. 

I mean we do shift things, but my guess is that we are focusing on the content of CBs more right now. But I will send this feedback up for sure.

-Hapa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
246
[ALOFT]
Supertester
570 posts
14,576 battles
10 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

I mean we do shift things, but my guess is that we are focusing on the content of CBs more right now. But I will send this feedback up for sure.

-Hapa

I don't see where any of the rewards have been shifted since season 1 or 2 of CBs. Still 100K captain XP and 150K free XP. And that's been the case for over two years as the game's economy has changed drastically. 

If you mean ship comps and gameplay when you say "content," then that would be a definite yes. But making changes to the economic aspect of it could be done very quickly as easily, especially to bring in new players or bring back ones that don't play CBs anymore. Considering how many players are frustrated with the state of CBs, making a good change to the economy would be a temporary fix. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,423
[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
2,881 posts
13,317 battles
1 minute ago, saintsfan1622000 said:

I don't see where any of the rewards have been shifted since season 1 or 2 of CBs. Still 100K captain XP and 150K free XP. And that's been the case for over two years as the game's economy has changed drastically. 

If you mean ship comps and gameplay when you say "content," then that would be a definite yes. But making changes to the economic aspect of it could be done very quickly as easily, especially to bring in new players or bring back ones that don't play CBs anymore. Considering how many players are frustrated with the state of CBs, making a good change to the economy would be a temporary fix. 

Again, I am sending your feedback up, however, my guess would be that we are happy with the current state of our economy, how many people are gathering said rewards and how many people are active in CBs etc.

I don't have that information readily available, however, I do know with every iteration of CBs we do look at the data and keep an eye on these things.

-Hapa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
246
[ALOFT]
Supertester
570 posts
14,576 battles
17 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Again, I am sending your feedback up, however, my guess would be that we are happy with the current state of our economy, how many people are gathering said rewards and how many people are active in CBs etc.

I don't have that information readily available, however, I do know with every iteration of CBs we do look at the data and keep an eye on these things.

-Hapa

And the respec is another thing. Players spec their ships differently for randoms than for CBs or ranked. You have to min/max for competitive. So not giving a free or even discounted respec is just harsh to force players to pay to respec. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
304
[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
609 posts
16,461 battles

Holy cry baby thread. The rewards don't need to change. Steel is the reward. Nothing else matters. 

Happa Fodder doesn't NEED to respond to every thread where some fool demands a change. Get over yourself. This is WG "ignores" player feedback. Its just a bunch of whining cry baby antics. WG wisely doesn't give in.

Edited by MackDye
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
246
[ALOFT]
Supertester
570 posts
14,576 battles
9 minutes ago, MackDye said:

Holy cry baby thread. The rewards don't need to change. Steel is the reward. Nothing else matters. 

Happa Fodder doesn't NEED to respond to every thread where some fool demands a change. Get over yourself. This is WG "ignores" player feedback. Its just a bunch of whining cry baby antics. WG wisely doesn't give in.

The other rewards do matter, to me at least. If I'm going to play over 100 games a season and devote that much time of CBs, then the rewards should be juicy. Yes, the main goal is to win and advance in the standings and earn steel, but the other rewards mean something to me and should be juicy considering the time investment in a season. If you've never played CBs, and I mean over 100 games in a season, then you don't understand the time commitment to play. Plus the strategy sessions, scrimmages, team organization, etc. that goes into it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×