36 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
2,905 posts
13,343 battles

Aloha,

If you have any questions about this contest, feel free to post here!

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/community/easter-egg-contest/

And drop your submissions here: 

Mahalo,

-Hapa

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[KILLU]
Members
23 posts
606 battles

By accepting these terms and uploading your artwork, you grant Wargaming a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free right and license (with the right to sublicense) to host, store, transfer, display, perform, reproduce, modify, and distribute your artwork, in whole or in part, in any media formats and through any media channels (now known or hereafter developed). Any such use of your artwork by Wargaming may be without any compensation paid to you.

That is the disclaimer that Wargaming posted about the contest so in other words Wargaming is basically saying give us your unique ideas and work and we will profit from it as much as we can up to and including selling, renting and leasing your work to other companies and offer you nothing that is worth anything in return.

This company makes EA and Bethesda look like industry leaders in customer service and satisfaction.

Please any and all who read this it is up to you but please do not hand this company any money at all for anything because they don't care about anything but how much money they can scam from as many people as possible as often as possible.

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[WHARF]
Members
235 posts
16,730 battles

so i take it there is something inside the egg...is that it..what do you want ...an egg or a prize inside,,,,camo?...different ship of my own making?..not sure

[O_O]
Members
620 posts
34 minutes ago, dadeoo said:

so i take it there is something inside the egg...is that it..what do you want ...an egg or a prize inside,,,,camo?...different ship of my own making?..not sure

An easter egg in this context is a message, image, or feature hidden in a video game or movie.  It references something else such as another movie, game, character, idea, etc.

Edited by Rustyhole

Members
96 posts
15,889 battles
6 hours ago, 010_010 said:

By accepting these terms and uploading your artwork, you grant Wargaming a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free right and license (with the right to sublicense) to host, store, transfer, display, perform, reproduce, modify, and distribute your artwork, in whole or in part, in any media formats and through any media channels (now known or hereafter developed). Any such use of your artwork by Wargaming may be without any compensation paid to you.

That is the disclaimer that Wargaming posted about the contest so in other words Wargaming is basically saying give us your unique ideas and work and we will profit from it as much as we can up to and including selling, renting and leasing your work to other companies and offer you nothing that is worth anything in return.

This company makes EA and Bethesda look like industry leaders in customer service and satisfaction.

Please any and all who read this it is up to you but please do not hand this company any money at all for anything because they don't care about anything but how much money they can scam from as many people as possible as often as possible.

I agree, I even brought the idea of an Easter contest last year, because of the reasons you mention here, I’m not bringing any new ideas to wargaming. Also, quite late for an Easter contest. Easter started and ended last April.

• Meh 1

[NGA-A]
Beta Testers
8 posts
3,856 battles

I'm completely mind blown. So WG wants suggestions on how to celebrate a holiday they completely missed? I'd say skip it and concentrate on new content. I don't understand why this is even in question....

• Cool 2
  • Confused 1

[BLAST]
Members
1 post
11,027 battles

Feels like we got "lost in translation" on this one. Some people think this is an Easter egg hunt, and some think we are trying to find "Easter Eggs" and if you don't understand the distinction you probably shouldn't ask or talk or be working on this project. From the producer side the actual idea is for players to give concept ideas for new "Easter Eggs" to be hidden in the game for other players to find, a fun way to get the players involved.

For my submission: Of course we need to take to some of the "crew" from the recent video and have them at a party on the beach somewhere or the wave off gal at the end of one of the current runways.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[IJAG]
Members
177 posts
14,263 battles

Question. Since we're able to submit more than one design, can all of them be in one post or do they have to be posted individually one by one? 

[SEC_8]
Members
4 posts
6,873 battles

Are we looking for Easter Eggs too or just designing Easter Eggs, or both.

[IJAG]
Members
177 posts
14,263 battles
1 hour ago, Loki38 said:

Are we looking for Easter Eggs too or just designing Easter Eggs, or both.

Designing Easter Eggs. We're supposed to design a new Easter Egg for one specific map we pick. It can be for any map you choose to use. Within those who have submitted, the design with the most votes will be added to the map the submitter picked for their design.

[NSEW]
Members
17 posts
6,601 battles

Since I don't have any higher tier ships (new-ish player here), I can't access the higher tier maps, really.  Is there a way to do so without having the ships, just taking a free cam and investigating the maps?

For the maps I can access, it's difficult to explore the "nooks and crannies" of the maps during the heat of combat.  Again, any way to access and explore the maps with a free cam but _not_ during battle?

[IJAG]
Members
177 posts
14,263 battles
7 minutes ago, Zoot21 said:

Since I don't have any higher tier ships (new-ish player here), I can't access the higher tier maps, really.  Is there a way to do so without having the ships, just taking a free cam and investigating the maps?

For the maps I can access, it's difficult to explore the "nooks and crannies" of the maps during the heat of combat.  Again, any way to access and explore the maps with a free cam but _not_ during battle?

Maybe look at replays of other players or community contributors on Youtube?  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAY3FZb_d-ZGVJmviCia5mw

[1IF]
Banned
436 posts
1,283 battles

Guys n Gals, these Easter Eggs are just an image or animation to go onto a map. The instructions for this contest are clear. If in doubt please re-read the News Release.

I got a submission in & I sure hope it gets chosen. I hope WG will make the winning submissions be shown on all the Servers not just the player Account server where the submission originated.

[RANGR]
Members
244 posts
3,475 battles

Incredibly confusing, shows and increasing lack of communication to the player base with this one...

[WOLF5]
Members
926 posts
8,085 battles

I think this is a fun idea and look forward to submitting something....

[NAP]
Members
10 posts
5,053 battles

Hmmmm......Is Easter a different time of the year in Russia? I guess Christmas persents are next month?  :-) :-)

Things just keep getting weirder and weirder. 

[ARC]
Members
791 posts
9,881 battles
On 7/14/2020 at 5:02 PM, Talker1937 said:

Happy Easter Everyone.

On 7/14/2020 at 7:22 PM, dadeoo said:

On 7/14/2020 at 10:36 PM, WhaleWarrior said:

I agree, I even brought the idea of an Easter contest last year, because of the reasons you mention here, I’m not bringing any new ideas to wargaming. Also, quite late for an Easter contest. Easter started and ended last April.

On 7/15/2020 at 3:53 AM, TheFrostMonkey said:

I'm completely mind blown. So WG wants suggestions on how to celebrate a holiday they completely missed? I'd say skip it and concentrate on new content. I don't understand why this is even in question....

On 7/17/2020 at 10:21 PM, Raven2303 said:

Incredibly confusing, shows and increasing lack of communication to the player base with this one...

17 hours ago, Navy_Lion said:

Hmmmm......Is Easter a different time of the year in Russia? I guess Christmas persents are next month?  :-) :-)

Things just keep getting weirder and weirder. 

Guys, this is not the Easter holiday. An "Easter Egg" in the gaming community is something inside a game referencing other media works or even historical events. It is something that normally would not be inside the game but it gives a clear message about their origin.

Examples I can give is the "No BB" signal on the east side of the North map, or the Fritz X bomb modelled on battleship Roma.

Hell, there is a group in the lookout for some Cap's statues, distributed in a bunch of maps:

[SOUP]
Members
1,634 posts
7,204 battles
On 7/17/2020 at 10:21 PM, Raven2303 said:

IDKAY, but looks like most of us understood it completely.

[KMS]
[KMS]
Members
131 posts
24,657 battles
On 7/15/2020 at 11:48 PM, USAPatriotGamer said:

Question. Since we're able to submit more than one design, can all of them be in one post or do they have to be posted individually one by one? 

I tried to submit a 2nd design but i guess there is a limitation on size of the project/suggestion - doh- Oh Well - I guess I'm a gig pig now - lolz (were only talking a few megs here)

• Cool 1

[IJAG]
Members
177 posts
14,263 battles

I didn't know that the contest was including different regions altogether. I thought each region was holding its individual easter egg contest for their own servers.

On 8/2/2020 at 2:43 PM, Dictator_Lee said:

Where do we vote?

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeMOtfJL94BHXGLJIWYExroqT4ZS1_E3MpkElc4p2JYK90kMw/viewform

Members
1 post
1,238 battles

USAPatriotGamer's link works to vote. I found the link on the News story on WOWs did not allow me to vote. Thanks, Chief Petty Officer!