Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Clan Battles: "Loop" Season

13 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,524 posts
13,901 battles

The Tenth Season of Clan Battles—Loop—kicks off during Update 0.9.6.

Read it on the portal

[DPG]
Supertester
644 posts
15,807 battles

I am really glad to see a non T10 clan battle season for some much welcome variety in the battle mode. 

## For the record, we have played CB's as much as we can, 2-300 games / season is not unusual. Have strategy and tactics meetings, take it seriously to learn, and we have improved greatly! CB's have been our most enjoyable battle mode in the game. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I would offer a couple suggestions in regards to the addition of CV's however. 

In clan battles, a good part of the challenge and enjoyment is the tactics. Setting traps, stealth flanking to catch your opponent, destroyers spotting the enemy, laying in wait to unleash those torpedoes and catch an unsuspecting enemy, just to name a few. ALL of the above become impossible with the current detection allowed with CV's in this competitive mode and it devolves into a congealed masse similar to wrestling with one side pushing against the other, no surprises waiting for RNG to allow an edge before pushing forward.  

As with the T10 season, taking a CV means you cannot use a BB - the reason I have heard to include CV's is so all classes can play

With the last season, you maybe saw 1 team in 20+ actually take a DD once you hit storm, and that would always be the high AA Halland only. All lighter cruisers disappeared also in higher leagues because being spotted all the time, much of their strength being their stealth disappears and it becomes food for the heavies and the cv.  So these were simply not played - again, the reason I have heard to include CV's is so all classes can play. At T10, Venezia would not be as popular a pick if spotting was not so permanent. 

So the addition of CV's to clan battles with their excessive spotting ability eliminated BB's, DD's and light cruisers from team choices.  Does this not scream that CV's current mechanics are fundamentally broken in competitive ( i would argue they are better in random but could do with some key spotting changes also) 

My clan had it's most successful start to the last season of clan battles. A great win rate, both teams advanced quickly, and we quit playing clan battles for the first time ever in the 3rd week. It is boring, boring, boring with CV's constant spotting. no surprises, no "what the hell" moments, no getting taught by a more experienced enemy. you know everything all the time, take the same ships every time, move together the same way every time or lose. With the current cv spotting IT IS NOT FUN, and much as we really want the steel, we have chosen to not put the "ice pick"(cv spotting) into our ears.

-------------------------------------------------

So, how to make CV's better for clan battles? :

Easiest?  Adjust match making - CV team play CV teams, BB teams splay BB teams - least work for the Devs.  All parties happy. 

More complex, but probably better for the game: Change spotting.

This does not impact the CV damage numbers 1 bit. and is the best solution for the widespread complaints about CV's 

Fighters should not spot for the team. 

If allowed in clan battles - Planes should mini map spot only(meaning the CV's team mates could see the enemy on the mini map but not be able to fully detect and target the ship to shoot at) - this would still seriously hamper the stealth tactics and surprise aspect, but at least if the cv team mates could only see the enemy ship on the mini map until it became detected by the rest of the surface fleet through radar or visual, it wouldn't find itself relentlessly shelled into oblivion, and have a little time to repair between squadron drops.

(random battles would benefit from the above changes also, but quality of life would benefit from at least a ship spotting delay similar to radar in cyclones - that 6+ second delay we see now - For planes I believe it should maybe be slightly longer, say 10 seconds to allow the spotted target time to turn tail and begin running or lay smoke etc to have some chance to survive) 

Also, CV's should get an initial "load" time like every other class, and like RTS CV's used to - say 20-30 seconds similar to BB's before being able to launch planes - This would give ships precious extra time to get into safer positions. 

There are a lot of really good ideas out there on how to lessen the angst felt in especially the competitive community regarding CV's that do not seriously impact the CV XP and credit earning, but would make the game feel much less frustrating,

Please Please consider some of these options, and until real changes are implemented, keep CV's out of clan battles, or adjust the Match making as i offered above. As is, CB's with CV's -  it is dull to play as watching grass grow. 

• Cool 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Meh 1

Members
174 posts
9,434 battles

Sounds like you're just offering up nerfs to CV and calling it "Balance".  Actualy thats exactly what you're doing!

CV players get sh*t on more than all the other classes combined despite counterplay against CVs usually coming down to pushing a single button.
Holding A, hitting P, hitting T (smoke and DFAA), hitting O.
Meanwhile CVs are continuing to surrender more and more of skill based combat to careful crafted RNG #s that keep CV performance within a very small box.  German MB dispersion is more forgiving and less RNG based.
And I'm not talking pure RNG, I'm talking the RNG hat makes sure a perfect rocket strike on a DD willl ensure 1/3 of the rockets land 90% of the time.  That 'Balance RNG'

Edited by Digital_Wind
  • Meh 4

[MR-1]
Members
1,101 posts
18,680 battles

DD’s players won’t be happy because of the CV’ s . As usuall . Your league tables reward mention only go down to Gail 1 what about the rest  all the way down to squall don’t they get anything . There’s nothing mentioned for gale 2 gale 3 and squall 1 2 3

nice to see lower players maybe getting the chance to play . It’s about time .

maybe I’d DD players turned there AA off they wouldn’t attract attention . If they should try playing a CV and see for them selfs hitting a DD isn’t as easy as they think 
to be honest there’s less CV’s available to play than there used to be . Before the messed up rework 

anyways. My clan will be in for the challenge . 
Giid luck to all the clans 

• Cool 1

[5D2]
Members
10 posts
5,650 battles

How anyone can defend CV in CB in current form is either in denial, only played in the lower leagues or likes, for masochist reasons only, to play with and against the exact same lineups every single game. Did either of you guys play last season in high tier Storm or higher? Typhoon was a joke... Literally 90% of matches were Shokaku, 1 or 2 Stalingrads and the rest Venezia.... EVERYTIME... on both sides as it was the most competitive build. We did well... but was it fun? Dynamic? Exciting? Not at all. First time I have seen the guys say screw it with 2 weeks left as it was a borefest and most importantly, Not Fun.

Changes need to be made with spotting at least as this is the main reason we saw zero diversity and negated any form of stealthy/ concealment centric plays/ positioning. Which is what this whole game was originally built on at high tier/ skill play. CV's kinda work in Randoms, barely if you ask me, but in CB with small maps and small teams the ability to be spotting the entire enemy team within 15 seconds from one cap to another kills any form of use of concealment or positioning. Not just for DD's, but stealthy cruisers and even BB's and normal stealth cruisers in the 11-12km range. Simplest fix is indeed MM which sets CV v CV and BB v BB.

• Cool 4

[5D2]
Members
10 posts
5,650 battles

O and the exact same thing is happening now where the competitive choice is obviously to take CV and we are forced to build around the notion of CV. Not other ships we may see, but all built around how to play against a skillful CV player in the higher Leagues. Mainly from the spotting and intense focus fire that happens from the rest of the enemy team. It's unhealthy for CB, plain and simple.

• Cool 3
  • Meh 1

Members
5 posts
3,876 battles

Does anyone else have an error concerning their starting rank in Clan Battle? When we put our mouse over the CB rating icon in naval base, we are listed as Hurricane league, but the color is bronze like Squall league. Anyone else have this issue? It can be confusing to new CB players like myself. I think it is a bug which should be fixed thanks.

[MR-1]
Members
1,101 posts
18,680 battles
13 hours ago, Admiral_Kang said:

Does anyone else have an error concerning their starting rank in Clan Battle? When we put our mouse over the CB rating icon in naval base, we are listed as Hurricane league, but the color is bronze like Squall league. Anyone else have this issue? It can be confusing to new CB players like myself. I think it is a bug which should be fixed thanks.

same with my clan   . this is our first year we managed to finnish in gale III but  highliting it says exactly the same bud 

• Thanks 1

[AP]
Members
1,364 posts
17,319 battles

what happened to the bravo rating?

no more two ratings this season?

image.png.338ab88c2b73cd4207390735030eb440.png

[MR-1]
Members
1,101 posts
18,680 battles