Sign in to follow this  
Admiral_Thrawn_1

RIP Grant Imahara

6 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles

It would seem the World has suffered yet another very tragic loss out of far too many in recent years. Grant Imahara has passed away, well know for his co hosting Myth Busters. Granted with all the dangerous things they tested and did you would have thought any episode they did would have been their least, but in reality they took the necessary safety precautions.

Always admired their work since like when I was a teen watching them I would get to see so many things tested that one might have been curious about, without my having to be stupid enough to test it myself. Lol hopefully many people were like me where if they saw Myth busters test something the answers were good enough for us not to need bother testing it ourselves so long as we already knew the answers.

I am smart enough not to be too reckless, but t least a small number of their tests I might have otherwise blundered into accidentally at some point unknowingly if I did not get a heads up first that something could become really bad ideas. Like for example how to more safely store things in your car so they don’t harm you in accidents or even very sudden stops, even some things you may not have considered being capable of being harmful. So for those smart enough to realize dangers after being shown, at least a few lives were actually likely saved by their Myth busting work / tv series as crazy as it might sound. So in some ways their work could have been considered heroic, at least in my opinion. Which is the opinion I have for anyone that saves lives even if it’s indirectly.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Alpha Tester
6,440 posts
3,250 battles

Damn. It gets even worse when you remember that he worked on a bunch of movie special effects with ILM, and even more so when you find out he died of a brain aneurysm.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,079 posts
8,919 battles

So tragic to read this sad news....

[-K-]
Members
8,350 posts
14,149 battles

Wow. 

2020 can just piss off already.

• Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
5,493 posts
10,518 battles
2 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

It would seem the World has suffered yet another very tragic loss out of far too many in recent years. Grant Imahara has passed away, well know for his co hosting Myth Busters. Granted with all the dangerous things they tested and did you would have thought any episode they did would have been their least, but in reality they took the necessary safety precautions.

Always admired their work since like when I was a teen watching them I would get to see so many things tested that one might have been curious about, without my having to be stupid enough to test it myself. Lol hopefully many people were like me where if they saw Myth busters test something the answers were good enough for us not to need bother testing it ourselves so long as we already knew the answers.

I am smart enough not to be too reckless, but t least a small number of their tests I might have otherwise blundered into accidentally at some point unknowingly if I did not get a heads up first that something could become really bad ideas. Like for example how to more safely store things in your car so they don’t harm you in accidents or even very sudden stops, even some things you may not have considered being capable of being harmful. So for those smart enough to realize dangers after being shown, at least a few lives were actually likely saved by their Myth busting work / tv series as crazy as it might sound. So in some ways their work could have been considered heroic, at least in my opinion. Which is the opinion I have for anyone that saves lives even if it’s indirectly.

:Smile_honoring:

[RSWF]
Members
90 posts
6,379 battles

He will be missed.  My respects.

Sign in to follow this