Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

All Those Great Things I Said About California

12 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

6,107
[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,826 battles

OUCH! (With Sympathy!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,396
[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
39,010 battles

Bummer. That sucks. But you can't carry alone....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,635
[CNO]
Members
6,575 posts
19,762 battles
5 hours ago, Rustyhole said:

Honeymoon phase is over already???

Nah.  Still liking her...because I'm still learning her.  The tier range makes for interesting decisions between HE and AP, and positioning in general.  And that time when a T9 DD AP'd me from smoke (to the tune of about 28K) in short order,  all while I was trying to angle versus a Musashi chasing me.  First time I've ever angled to an AP clubber like Musashi only to get AP'd to death by a DD.  Now that was a learning experience!

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
389
[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,306 posts
13 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Nah.  Still liking her...because I'm still learning her.  The tier range makes for interesting decisions between HE and AP, and positioning in general.  And that time when a T9 DD AP'd me from smoke (to the tune of about 28K) in short order,  all while I was trying to angle versus a Musashi chasing me.  First time I've ever angled to an AP clubber like Musashi only to get AP'd to death by a DD.  Now that was a learning experience!

Is WG paying you to sell that ship to me?:cap_viking:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,635
[CNO]
Members
6,575 posts
19,762 battles
5 minutes ago, Felipe_1982 said:

Is WG paying you to sell that ship to me?:cap_viking:

Funny, I probably would NOT have bought her if the reviews were average or good.  I just couldn't pass up the temptation to make lemonade out of a lemon.

Also, I'm a brawler.  I don't have a lot of ships that I play at range.  As a T7 (with range), it has allowed me to explore that world a bit more.  It also has required me to learn some of the armor nuances on ships that I seldom need to know when playing at brawling distances.  So the fun isn't so much in the ship itself, but in all the things that the ship requires one to bring into the calculation.

Perhaps the biggest thing I've learned is the opportunities ACROSS the map.  When brawling, the threat is always around you...in a bubble of engagement.  What's going on way on the other side isn't a concern, except to just keep tabs on the ebb and flow from the mini-map.  But when you command a 27km reach, you not only need to keep tabs via mini-map, you can sometimes be presented with some very juicy targets involved in their limited bubble of engagement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
389
[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,306 posts
4 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Funny, I probably would NOT have bought her if the reviews were average or good.  I just couldn't pass up the temptation to make lemonade out of a lemon.

Also, I'm a brawler.  I don't have a lot of ships that I play at range.  As a T7 (with range), it has allowed me to explore that world a bit more.  It also has required me to learn some of the armor nuances on ships that I seldom need to know when playing at brawling distances.  So the fun isn't so much in the ship itself, but in all the things that the ship requires one to bring into the calculation.

Perhaps the biggest thing I've learned is the opportunities ACROSS the map.  When brawling, the threat is always around you...in a bubble of engagement.  What's going on way on the other side isn't a concern, except to just keep tabs on the ebb and flow from the mini-map.  But when you command a 27km reach, you not only need to keep tabs via mini-map, you can sometimes be presented with some very juicy targets involved in their limited bubble of engagement.

Cali range is 27km?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
667
[SVF]
Members
1,859 posts
2,438 battles
1 hour ago, Felipe_1982 said:

Cali range is 27km?

If you equip Artillery Plotting (Which is a mistake imo, 20km base is more than sufficient for a T7) and have a spotter plane consumable active.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,669
[CLUMP]
Members
1,885 posts
2,412 battles
19 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Jinxed me...

shot-20_07.14_01_12.11-0964.thumb.jpg.c166cd57588e86305a6ddcfdd66f1ae1.jpgshot-20_07.14_01_12.38-0124.thumb.jpg.0308fdd223ceab0de55979a45c00e974.jpgshot-20_07.14_01_12.21-0804.thumb.jpg.92b24982e48ff6562497d2c01240a3ef.jpg

Right, JInx, could it be possible that first matches you had good MM and now you don't :Smile_trollface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
514
[VORTX]
Members
660 posts
8,329 battles

I was 6-0 in my Cali. Now I'm at 40% with it. Boring as hell. Slow, slow, and slow. Oh and slow. When the guns land on target its pretty decent. God it looks so nice though ... I think it's my first wow prem regret. Doesn't help that I earned Georgia for free the same week ...  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,635
[CNO]
Members
6,575 posts
19,762 battles
4 hours ago, landcollector said:

If you equip Artillery Plotting (Which is a mistake imo, 20km base is more than sufficient for a T7) and have a spotter plane consumable active.

I've seen some other video's where this is the conclusion.  The trade is the spotter or 15% more turret speed.  I get a lot of opportunities at spotter ranges, and am more then willing to trade turret speed for that extra range.  Also, it isn't T7 ranges you gotta be worried about.  It's T9 ranges, 'cause that's what you're going to see.  And it's mostly HE at those ranges anyway, so it kinda simplifies that part of the equation.  Also comes in handy considering how slow she is.  Even if you're not in the best position, you almost always have something to shoot at.

Also, if anyone is counting, I think it's 27.7 (just shy of 28km).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×