Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
eagleye111

CV air attacks-

7 comments in this topic

[R-L]
Members
13 posts
13,572 battles

Cannot figure this out, during game play opponemts CV sends out Air fighters that take out 1/2 my squadron.   #1- How do I use air fighters from my side if that is the case as well?   I get the rest of it, and watch a bunch of videos on CV gameply in Midway- but cannot figure out how to use to my advantage.

Any help would be appreciated.

[12TF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,241 posts

CV launched air fighters, the ones that fly out and patrol only around the CV itself, are automatic.

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
1,159 posts
8,956 battles
57 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

CV launched air fighters, the ones that fly out and patrol only around the CV itself, are automatic.

This OP. Also, Never attack an enemy CV in the first half of the game, and when you do attack, use torpedo planes (only need 4-5) and rockets (4-5). 

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,306 posts
1 hour ago, eagleye111 said:

Cannot figure this out, during game play opponemts CV sends out Air fighters that take out 1/2 my squadron.   #1- How do I use air fighters from my side if that is the case as well?   I get the rest of it, and watch a bunch of videos on CV gameply in Midway- but cannot figure out how to use to my advantage.

Any help would be appreciated.

We set fighters to a place. It will last for 1 minute. That place is guarded against other kind of aircraft.

You cant change its position when you set it.

You have a limited number of fighters within each kind of warplanes.

you must not enter an enemy fighter radius or they will kill all your squadron. Usually 5.0km radius.

[RLGN]
Members
16,212 posts
28,085 battles
2 minutes ago, Merc_R_Us said:

This OP. Also, Never attack an enemy CV in the first half of the game, and when you do attack, use torpedo planes (only need 4-5) and rockets (4-5). 

This.

Whatever you use to attack, you attack once and F-key out, otherwise the Red CV’s AA and defense fighters will murder you.

They ONLY exception is if you are in secondary range, and your own AA will shoot the defense fighters down, or an ally will shoot them down. Only then, can you risk multiple attacks.

[F4E]
Alpha Tester
1,145 posts

Wait.  You watched Midway vids because that’s what you found?  Or you have a Midway but didn’t understand this feature despite all of the games that it took to get there?  :cap_hmm:

[DUD]
Members
706 posts
2,470 battles

When controlling your planes, if the enemy has deployed a fighter aircraft, you will see a red circle over the area.  Do not enter the circle.   If you do enter the circle, you will notice the word, "Fighters" in yellow appear with a plane icon (Kinda above/mid to the right of the screen.  Replaces the "detected" icon).   If that happens, you have a few seconds to either leave the circle or press "F" so your planes return to the carrier and prevent losses.

"T" should be the keyboard to drop fighters.  They last for 1 minute.  When pressing "T" or whatever the fighter button is, a fighter will be placed over your current position (the plane's position) for 1 minute and are automatically controlled by the game to engage enemy aircraft

The Aircraft carrier has it's own fighter protecting it.  The second the aircraft carrier gets spotted, a fighter plane gets launched and protects the Aircraft carrier for over 3 minutes straight completely automatically.  You do not need to press any key to activate this fighter.  Instead of lasting 1 minute like usual fighters, this fighter is special in that it's duration is much longer.  It is unwise to attack the aircraft carrier early in the match as you are not helping your team get rid of the more significant threats

Edited by kishan99

Sign in to follow this